Introduction to.... me

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2017, 01:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 AMG C63s
Introduction to.... me

Hi guys,

I thought I might do a quick introduction before I post my next thread with a newbie question.

In the last 15 years, I’ve had three Infinitis (’01 G35, ’11 M37x, ’10 G37x,) two Cadillacs (’04 Deville DHS, ’08 CTS,) a Chevy (’16 Camaro SS,) a GMC (’17 Yukon Denali XL,) an Audi (’17 Q7,) a Ford (’16 Transit 250) and a Mercedes (’17 Sprinter 2500 Extended.) Also add in about 10 motorcycles.

Of the 10 cars/trucks listed above, I currently only own the Camaro SS and the Sprinter. The most beloved car of all of those was my 2010 G37x. My gosh I adored that car. I sold it last year to my 85 year old mother when I needed the storage space of the Yukon Denali XL.

I never thought too much about Mercedes. A few years ago I was in North Carolina on business and rented a ’13 or so E350. That thing destroyed my back. I couldn’t wait to get out of it. I got back into my Infiniti when I home and enjoyed the lower back support it offered.

The Yukon killed my back, too, hence the ’17 Audi Q7. Those seats were wonderful, but this year, since I needed more cargo space, I ended up buying the Sprinter (flew out to Chicago and drove it home to Massachusetts) for all my video gear (I have a small YouTube channel that I lose money on.)

So, with the cargo situation settled, I wanted to get a car that would give me the comfort and passenger capacity of the Audi with the fun and speed and snort and snot of the Camaro.

I sat in a 2017 E300, thinking I could use that as my “soft” car for my wife and I to go out with friends, etc…., and still keep the Camaro, but the seats still didn’t agree with me. I tried an E43 AMG, but it simply didn’t impress me (seats still didn’t agree with me, but also it was just a V6 with a turbo.) I drove a BMW M550i and really loved it. Compared to the E43, the seat was better, the ride quality was better, the cabin was more spacious, the speed was *much* better, and I just really liked it. I spec’d one out and ordered it. It was supposed to have a 10 week delivery.

Over 6 weeks in, it still hadn’t been touched in Germany. I’d email my rep and he was unapologetic. Finally, I wrote and told him I was very concerned about this mysterious delay and was thinking of canceling my order. A normal sales rep would have replied that they’d make things right and would investigate the situation and were sorry, etc… This guy? Nah… He literally just wrote, “Want me to cancel it now? I have plenty of ppl waiting for the M550i.” Yes, people, in addition to the dismissive nature of his email, I wasn’t even worth the vowels of the word “people.”

I started looking around quickly. I drove everything from lower end cars like a Honda Civic Touring (actually a really nice car, but the seats, again… ugh… I’m just not right in the back. Or the head) to a Ford Fusion Platinum (nice car, but a little yawny.)

I went back to Mercedes and decided maybe I didn’t need AWD to get through the winter. If I didn’t, that opened up my options. I got into a 2018 C63s sedan. The sport seats were hard as a rock. Oh.. my.. gosh. But they were GREAT for my back. I drove it. I loved it. I was sold.

So, lately, I have been visiting dealerships, trying to find the right car and the right price. I’ve got a deposit down with a dealer here in Massachusetts that would be swapping for the car with a dealer in Maryland. Only problem is that it’s Selenite Grey and I kind of liked the Brilliant Blue. I’ll figure it out. It’s just hard to find one with every item I want without custom building, and I don’t want to go through that again.

Let me end this little (?) summary by saying thanks if you’ve read this far, and also – I’m not rich, I just have poor priorities with money.

Evan
Old 09-16-2017, 07:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
VW GTI
Originally Posted by Nightcruiser

Let me end this little (?) summary by saying thanks if you’ve read this far, and also – I’m not rich, I just have poor priorities with money.
I suffer from the same affliction...