Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power loss anyone?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2021, 06:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63s Coupe 2020
For me a remap of the tune fixed the issue for now and it was not related to the battery, although still not performing like I wish it would. Low RPM to about 5K is absolutely insane, but feels like it is running out of steam in the higher RPM, so I end up being quicker short shifting at 5K than letting it shift automatically at 7K. Don't know if this is always the case with a tuned C63, read somewhere that the small turbo's might be the reason for that? Wondering if a new intake would fix this or I need another tune? Lol already at my 5th remap now.
Old 10-10-2021, 07:24 AM

Received 125 Likes on 75 Posts
16' C63s, 22' RAM 1500
Originally Posted by Iridium.C63s
This is happening to me right now unfortunately. Even went like this to a track event🤣

anyways.. that dash warning that tells you to stop your car and let it run for awhile that gradually started coming up more and more then I replaced the voltage regulator aka “aux battery” and got a new battery for the hell of it too at the same time. Dash warning went away finally and I haven’t seen it since I’d say about a month from today. But ever since then I started noticing little by little the car getting weaker.. didn’t dawn on me after yesterdays track siesta that the car had zero ***** until my friends M3 v8 was a lot faster than me when I smoked him when I first purchased the car (used) about 2 1/2 months ago.

needles to say I’m definitely going to get that reset most are talking about and for the peace of mind I’m changing the spark plugs since I’m sure they’re due for some fresh ones

coming back and adding more details: car feels slow like you’re cruising on sport + and you gun it for kicks the revs jump but you feel like you’re hauling *** in a geo metro yet you sound like an amg v8 biturbo lol
and to add more to my confusion: I got a muffler delete with/ resonators so they unplugged the valves in both sides... now im screwed not knowing which did it for me was it the voltage crap or the unplugging of the two rear exhaust valves??? lol
Old 10-10-2021, 11:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 374 Likes on 275 Posts
2005 E55
Originally Posted by Iridium.C63s
and to add more to my confusion: I got a muffler delete with/ resonators so they unplugged the valves in both sides... now im screwed not knowing which did it for me was it the voltage crap or the unplugging of the two rear exhaust valves??? lol
Your exhaust is why your car is acting up.
Old 10-10-2021, 01:44 PM

16' C63s, 22' RAM 1500
Originally Posted by skratch77
Yeah I think so too. I have crappy memory but I don't recall it going into limp mode after replacing the battery a few weeks back.
Old 10-10-2021, 02:35 PM

Received 110 Likes on 78 Posts
2007 E350
Originally Posted by Iwan63s
For me a remap of the tune fixed the issue for now and it was not related to the battery, although still not performing like I wish it would. Low RPM to about 5K is absolutely insane, but feels like it is running out of steam in the higher RPM, so I end up being quicker short shifting at 5K than letting it shift automatically at 7K. Don't know if this is always the case with a tuned C63, read somewhere that the small turbo's might be the reason for that? Wondering if a new intake would fix this or I need another tune? Lol already at my 5th remap now.
no but intake will help a little. I had the same problem with power lost, went with an ecu tune. From what I can see, an ecu tune will make the power drop after 5k rpm more noticeable. Only way to remedy is to go with bigger turbos. In my case I went with pure900
Old 10-12-2021, 03:41 AM

16' C63s, 22' RAM 1500
Originally Posted by skratch77
turns out the guy who welded my exhaust didn’t clean up the welds so there was a weld piece obstructing the flap from fully operating correctly.

got that fixed today and car runs as should now🤘🏽
Old 04-05-2022, 02:29 PM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
2021 AMG C63 S Sedan
I'm bumping this thread as I'm experiencing a similar issue on my 2021 C63 S. It has been into the dealer twice now for about 7 days in total. The issue is that quite randomly the car will lose all turbo boost, according to the built-in guage, and the HP/TQ will be about half (~250HP). Sometimes I can experience this problem just driving along and then go to pass a car with no power. Often within a few minutes the problem goes away, and then a few minutes later it may or may not come back. In some cases it will go days without re-appearing. The dealer is saying there are no codes and that they cannot reproduce the problem.

During the first visit they did elect to replace a purge valve, I think is what the order said.

Has anyone else had this exact problem and was the xentry reset the ultimate solution? I placed a call with Mercedes customer service and they are going to escalate, but I'm not getting a warm fuzzy on this.

for reference the car is 100% bone stock as delivered from Mercedes.

Thanks guys.
Mike B.
Old 04-05-2022, 04:03 PM

2007 E350
Originally Posted by mbollman
I'm bumping this thread as I'm experiencing a similar issue on my 2021 C63 S. It has been into the dealer twice now for about 7 days in total. The issue is that quite randomly the car will lose all turbo boost, according to the built-in guage, and the HP/TQ will be about half (~250HP). Sometimes I can experience this problem just driving along and then go to pass a car with no power. Often within a few minutes the problem goes away, and then a few minutes later it may or may not come back. In some cases it will go days without re-appearing. The dealer is saying there are no codes and that they cannot reproduce the problem.

During the first visit they did elect to replace a purge valve, I think is what the order said.

Has anyone else had this exact problem and was the xentry reset the ultimate solution? I placed a call with Mercedes customer service and they are going to escalate, but I'm not getting a warm fuzzy on this.

for reference the car is 100% bone stock as delivered from Mercedes.

Thanks guys.
Mike B.

you need to replace the boost hose or whatever you called it on the turbos as they sometimes get pinch. Another common problem is that the exhaust valve get stuck & temporarily cause loss of power/boost. These 2 problems are common but will not show up on xentry. Find a competent dealer and they will know what to do
Old 04-05-2022, 04:05 PM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
2021 AMG C63 S Sedan
Thanks Koifysh.

I am headed out of town and was going to let them keep it a copule of days to see if they stumble upon a fix. Today the dealer wanted me to come in and take the tech on a test drive. I explained the driver does not make the problem start or stop, so there was no value in me driving across town to them. If they cannot resolve by Friday I'm going to take it some place else here in Houston.

If anyone knows of a competent deal in Houston let me know. currently it is at Mercedes of West Houston.
Old 04-05-2022, 04:13 PM

2007 E350
Originally Posted by mbollman
Thanks Koifysh.

I am headed out of town and was going to let them keep it a copule of days to see if they stumble upon a fix. Today the dealer wanted me to come in and take the tech on a test drive. I explained the driver does not make the problem start or stop, so there was no value in me driving across town to them. If they cannot resolve by Friday I'm going to take it some place else here in Houston.

If anyone knows of a competent deal in Houston let me know. currently it is at Mercedes of West Houston.

here is the work order. I don’t know any in houston but this is a link to a really good amg tech in dallas >> https://instagram.com/doctoramg?utm_medium=copy_link

The following users liked this post:
mbollman (04-05-2022)
Old 07-25-2022, 07:43 AM

Received 14 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 Coupe
What can we buy exactly to remedy this at home?
Old 08-15-2022, 10:42 PM

Received 14 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 Coupe
Can anyone confirm that an aftermarket exhaust would fix this?
Old 08-16-2022, 11:50 AM

Received 133 Likes on 93 Posts
2018 C63s
Originally Posted by gforc3
Can anyone confirm that an aftermarket exhaust would fix this?
*****No, because the car is not in front of us. There are many things that can cause general "power loss", and a decent mechanic will focus on the most likely reason for the issue versus just replacing parts without doing some on the car testing - visual, or with a scan tool, or with the use of experience in having seen similar problems in other vehicles, etc.. You rule out least likely until you have exhausted most likely reason for the issue first. The motor, transmission, and how all systems interact is very complex.

It could be anything from fueling, to a wastegate or turbo issue, vacuum leaks, exhaust valve issue, canister purge valve issues, coil pack issues, sticky or clogged up injectors, fuel harness ground issues, or whatever..

Good luck with it and hope it is something simple. If it is not, and it has you stumped, have a good mechanic figure it out. A good mechanic WILL figure it out, usually faster than a lay person if the problem is complex or requires ruling out multiple problems to narrow things down, etc...

Old 04-07-2023, 04:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 AMG C63s
For anyone that stumbles across this thread and thinks they may have the same problem, be aware it might not be straightforward if going off the "engine data" numbers.
I have a 2018 C63s and thought I was experiencing a similar issue. While testing on some backroads, I only saw at most 383hp. This was from a dig up into 3rd and 4th gear.
On my MY the 1:1 gear is 5th, which is the gear used on a real dyno test. I know the dash numbers aren't real but I figured the 1:1 gear would at least reduce some of the variables.
Lo and behold, when I put it into manual mode/5th gear and pin the throttle I see full boost and 500+ hp on the dash.