Sponsored by:

About to pull the trigger on a C63s Coupe - a few questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2017, 05:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 X5 msportline / C6 corvette
About to pull the trigger on a C63s Coupe - a few questions

Hello, first post on here. Looking at a 2017/18 C63s coupe. I have a few questions though, hopefully you guys have the answers.

1) Which is a better option? Going with NAV or the Android Auto/Apple Carplay option? I use Waze extensively on my commute and neither option supports it (yet). And why does selecting the Carplay option remove the mouse control?
2) Is the sport exhaust option a must have?
3) are people getting more than 10% off MSRP when they order a car? We will do Euro delivery but I want more than that default 5% off the price.
4) ventilated or cooled seats are a must have where I live. The dealer didn't have this option available on their test car. People who have opted for this, what are your thoughts on it?

What are some things I need to watch out for?
Any reliability issues that i should be aware of? I read something about teh "Race" mode actually dropping power on the motor. Anything else of concern?

I am sure I'll have many more questions but I'll stop here for now.

THanks,
CF
Old 10-02-2017, 05:51 PM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
2017 C63S Coupe 2018 Ford Raptor 2017 Corvette Z06 2013 Mercedes C63 2012 Mercedes C63 BS
1.) Personal opinion
2.) YES
3.) Yes I got 12%
4.) I have them and use the cooled every day in Florida
The following users liked this post:
CitznFish (10-02-2017)
Old 10-02-2017, 06:21 PM

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
2018 C63S Sedan
1. NAV is better IMHO.
2. Yes, it makes the car. V8 sound etc...
3. I'm expecting 5%. Nov delivery.
4. Ventilated. I live in Southern California. No one likes a swampy rear.
CitznFish (10-02-2017)
Old 10-02-2017, 06:24 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 X5 msportline / C6 corvette
Anyone take Euro Delivery? What was your experience?
Old 10-02-2017, 06:25 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2016 C63s
Originally Posted by CitznFish
Hello, first post on here. Looking at a 2017/18 C63s coupe. I have a few questions though, hopefully you guys have the answers.

1) Which is a better option? Going with NAV or the Android Auto/Apple Carplay option? I use Waze extensively on my commute and neither option supports it (yet). And why does selecting the Carplay option remove the mouse control?
2) Is the sport exhaust option a must have?
3) are people getting more than 10% off MSRP when they order a car? We will do Euro delivery but I want more than that default 5% off the price.
4) ventilated or cooled seats are a must have where I live. The dealer didn't have this option available on their test car. People who have opted for this, what are your thoughts on it?

What are some things I need to watch out for?
Any reliability issues that i should be aware of? I read something about teh "Race" mode actually dropping power on the motor. Anything else of concern?

I am sure I'll have many more questions but I'll stop here for now.

THanks,
CF

I'm not that familiar with the carplay. I like the Nav. Easy to use.
I don't have Perf exhaust but from what I've read on here, the people who have it say its a must have.
People are getting around 10% off. Some a little More/Less. I always fight for more!
Haven't heard of any major reliability issues. Small things here and there. My car is a 16' purchased in Nov 15 and the car is a dream to drive. Again, small things here and there but expected with cars this complicated these days.
CitznFish (10-02-2017)
Old 10-02-2017, 06:47 PM
Administrator

Received 795 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
1. The Nav in these cars is pretty good. I trust the dynamic re routing equal to Google Maps and in fact it has saved me some time during some busy periods vs Google. I dont have Waze.. yet. But compared to my other cars; the traffic part is much better. My Audis kinda suck in this regard where the Nav does not auto re routed but instead gives me an option. The Audis also dont seem to have the street level traffic updated while the Benz does. I dont have any input about the mouse since I dont have CarPlay in this car.

2. 10000% get it. The AMG has one of the best stock exhausts out there soundwise. Do not miss the chance to max it out OEM style.

3. MSRP to Invoice is 6% with holdback giving up another 6%. Dealers wont usually dish out a deal back of invoice unless they are over allocated or need to move an aged unit. On a new 18 it might be tougher to get behind invoice and into the holdback percentages. Ive never done Euro delivery with AMG but heard you dont get a discount like you would if you bought an M car. Your dealership would be able to advise here or another member.

4. I found my car on the ground and it did not have the Performance Seats (you can not get any ventilation with these seats) but instead has the standard sport seats with heating. I could have used the cooling seats here in Cali but Im ok without. If you can source it, get it.
Old 10-02-2017, 08:22 PM

Received 93 Likes on 68 Posts
2024 X5 M60i, 2018 C63S Coupe (sold)
I'm torn on the ventilated seats. It seems like if the windows are down, you can't feel them at all. With the windows up, I mean, they can be felt, but they are ventilated, not cooled, so it's minimal.

Kind of pointless (for me) as I like to drive with the windows down a lot... and it just seems like they are pumping in ambient air rather than cooled air. And yes, I knew they weren't actual cooled seats, but I had a loaner Macan with ventilated seats for about a week and they seemed to work okay with the windows up or down.

Maybe I'm wrong and something is wrong with my seats, but I find them to be minimally effective.