Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is my C63s Coupe Quieter at Night

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2017 | 02:21 PM

A5 Black Edition - C63 S on order!
Is my C63s Coupe Quieter at Night

Is it just me or is my new C63s Coupe quieter at night than it is in the day? The exhaust sounds like it becomes slightly muted when I move off. Normally there is a loud raucous noise from the exhaust in the day but at night it doesn't sound the same!

Im guessing that it's something programmed by AMG so that people can get a good nights sleep!

Somebody please tell me they have noticed the same thing and im right because I feel like I'm going a bit dooladdy!
Old 11-11-2017 | 03:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 Porsche 911 C4
Nope, it's in your head. Unless you're using a different mode at night (Sport/Comfort vs Sport+/Race)? Ambient temperature can also have a slight effect on sound as well, but colder weather (at night) generally makes exhausts sound louder, not quieter.

If you're paranoid AMG is silencing your exhaust at night, just manually change the time of day and you'll get your sound back I'm sure
Old 11-11-2017 | 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by AlexZTuned
Nope, it's in your head. Unless you're using a different mode at night (Sport/Comfort vs Sport+/Race)? Ambient temperature can also have a slight effect on sound as well, but colder weather (at night) generally makes exhausts sound louder, not quieter.

If you're paranoid AMG is silencing your exhaust at night, just manually change the time of day and you'll get your sound back I'm sure
i was honestly thinking it was something tied in with the sensor that detects low light to bring the lights on automatically.

Anyway!! Haha I might try that
Old 11-12-2017 | 12:22 PM

C63s
Are you serious?
Old 11-12-2017 | 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by japamg
Are you serious?
deadly serious 😳