C63 Ownership (please read)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2017, 03:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 C63 S
C63 Ownership (please read)

Hello eveyone...
Ive been quietly sneaking around on the forums for the last 5-6 months grabbing tidbits of info on our cars, so thank you to eveyone that has shared useful things that we can apply to our AMGs. To the juicy stuff...

I would like to think that I currently own one of the highest mileage w205s on the forum. For the most part, the ownership has been nothing short of exciting, however, there have been a few issues. I purchased my sedan on 08/2015 as a 2015 model. I had intent of ordering a brand new one, however, the dealership offered me the very C63 that was driven briefly by the head of AMG North America. The car had only 1800 miles, and with it being the S package, MSRP was 87,000, I drove it off the lot for 70,000 in 2015!!!! It was a no brainer. Y’all could not imagine my excitement! No issues, no mechanical faults, everything was kosher.

Now to the faults...

1. 8800 miles: blown turbos, both of them. Dealer stated that AMG in Germany had misassembled an intake attachment that allowed pieces of plastic get sucked into the turbos. Fuel rails, turbos and exhaust system all replaced.
2. 9600 miles: rear brakes replaced by dealer, incorrect assembly of RR, destroyed caliper. Covered by warranty.
3. 36,000 miles, front brakes replaced by dealer, don’t seem to be working correctly. Dealer inspection due on Tuesday.

Aside from all the little quirks and little creaks, the car has been meticulously maintained by the dealer at every service appointment, oils changed every 5k, tires, well, I’ve been thru lots of sets, but the car delivers more joy than grief. Aside from those issues, the car is very reliable. I do not baby it in any way, I do drive it pretty hard and my God does it deliver.
Btw, take your amg to an airstrip and get it to 186. You’ll love it. Lol
Old 11-12-2017, 03:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 C63 S
I forgot to list that the car currently has 37,000 miles!!
Old 11-23-2017, 07:09 PM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2017 C63S Sedan
Did you have your wheel balanced right when you got your car as new? I noticed a steering wheel shaking when I was driving on highway on the day when I got my brand new C63S, so I did a wheel balance and no shaking anymore, I guess if I didn't get it balanced, then the tires could wear so much faster. Also, for a beast like C63S, just try engine braking as much as you can, this can save you a lot of money replacing brakes....
Old 11-24-2017, 12:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 344 Likes on 206 Posts
2017 C43 AMG
you definitely dont have one of the highest milage w205, maybe c63 but even so 37k isnt a ton of miles going on 4 years. either way i wouldnt call turbo failure reliable lol. hopefully it was due to their issue. glad you are happy with the car
Old 11-24-2017, 09:03 PM
KJ

Received 113 Likes on 74 Posts
2020 GLE 53 AMG
37K miles is definitely NOT one of the highest mileage cars on the forum. But you are definitely enjoying the car.

I'd like to think that your brake failures led to brand new brake components, which actually saved you money.

Nothing would be better than having your brakes covered under warranty right before they go!
Old 11-24-2017, 09:36 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
'17 Mercedes GLS550
Originally Posted by fraudc63
1. 8800 miles: blown turbos, both of them. Dealer stated that AMG in Germany had misassembled an intake attachment that allowed pieces of plastic get sucked into the turbos. Fuel rails, turbos and exhaust system all replaced.
2. 9600 miles: rear brakes replaced by dealer, incorrect assembly of RR, destroyed caliper. Covered by warranty.
3. 36,000 miles, front brakes replaced by dealer, don’t seem to be working correctly. Dealer inspection due on Tuesday.

...Aside from those issues, the car is very reliable...
Paradoxical post.

But at least in the end you still like the car. Ultimately that's what matters.