Sponsored by:

H pipe exhaust valve

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2017, 10:09 PM

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
2016 C63S AMG
H pipe exhaust valve

I currently have the non performance exhaust option on my car and the secondary cat delete for the last year my h pipe valve has squeaked every time I started or revved the car past 2k in sport plus or race mode. I have taken my car to 4 different dealers to have it fixed and all 4 of then said that they fixed it but they never have.

so my question is can we get rid of that valve without causing a cel or low power mode because of it being gone. i would rather not have my car get quieter every time I put my foot on the brake because of the valve anyway it also causes my downshift in sport mode when I'm on the brakes to be extremely quiet.
Old 12-11-2017, 03:27 AM

Received 118 Likes on 102 Posts
C63S
Originally Posted by Modio1234
I currently have the non performance exhaust option on my car and the secondary cat delete for the last year my h pipe valve has squeaked every time I started or revved the car past 2k in sport plus or race mode. I have taken my car to 4 different dealers to have it fixed and all 4 of then said that they fixed it but they never have.

so my question is can we get rid of that valve without causing a cel or low power mode because of it being gone. i would rather not have my car get quieter every time I put my foot on the brake because of the valve anyway it also causes my downshift in sport mode when I'm on the brakes to be extremely quiet.
I removed my H-Pipe valve from my AWE Track Edition Exhaust due to a rattle in the valve.

AWE replaced the complete section under warranty and supplied a valve simulator for the H-Pipe harness.

I am still running no valves just simulators with no issues.

Old 12-11-2017, 12:56 PM

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
2016 C63S AMG
So has anyone tried to swap to a x pipe or just a straight pipe to remove both h pipes. I only saw one aftermarket exhaust company using a x pipe on our cars and it was ipe. How would that effect sound.
Old 08-10-2018, 10:46 PM

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
2017 Benz C63S Coupe
Originally Posted by RDO247

I removed my H-Pipe valve from my AWE Track Edition Exhaust due to a rattle in the valve.

AWE replaced the complete section under warranty and supplied a valve simulator for the H-Pipe harness.

I am still running no valves just simulators with no issues.

Hey buddy,

I had the same issue with my AWE Track Exhaust. My h-pipe was squeaky around 2000 rpms. AWE wanted to fix the problem but I decided not to take it off my car and have them send me a valve simulator for my h-pipe. Now the h-pipe valve will stay open 100%. I put it on today. Car is making great power, but i feel like the car is now quieter in the low end but good up top... Did you experience anything like this ?

Thanks
Old 08-10-2018, 11:35 PM

Received 118 Likes on 102 Posts
C63S
Originally Posted by 1 SIC DR

Hey buddy,

I had the same issue with my AWE Track Exhaust. My h-pipe was squeaky around 2000 rpms. AWE wanted to fix the problem but I decided not to take it off my car and have them send me a valve simulator for my h-pipe. Now the h-pipe valve will stay open 100%. I put it on today. Car is making great power, but i feel like the car is now quieter in the low end but good up top... Did you experience anything like this ?

Thanks
No not from memory...

I haven’t had a h-pipe valve now for a long while.

I have Vibrant Gesi UHF catted downpipes as well as the AWE Track Edition Exhaust and mine has a deep throatness about it.