C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone try high flow cats (vs. catless) for inspection purposes?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2017 | 09:58 AM

ED1 e63S
Anyone try high flow cats (vs. catless) for inspection purposes?

Hey guys, I’m toying with the idea of getting DP’s and the debate has between between catless versus 200 cell. I’m told stock are 500-600 cell. My main goal is to add a bit of sound to the car as I’ve always felt even in tuned form these 4.0 motors are far too quiet. Perhaps it’s because I owned a W204 C63 and a W212 CLS63 previously. Does anyone own 200 cell cats like FI makes? If so, have you been happy with the sound/gains? Can you pass emissions in your state? Living in Texas we have emissions every year and you for sure can’t pass with catless. I’d have to pay someone off to pass me, which id obviously like to avoid. The 200 cell versions seem like a nice middle ground where you get a little sound and a little performance boost with hopefully being able to pass emissions as well.

Additionally, I’ve heard that catless DP’s smell terrible and also can drone which would be nice to avoid.

I appreciate any feedback you guys might have.

Thank you!
Old 12-11-2017 | 03:46 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
The 200 CEL cats may not trigger the CEL since the post cats O2 reading will still be within the permissible values.
They don't do a sniff test in Texas so as long as all the emission monitors show current / ready via the OBD port you will be fine.