Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Scrapes under front bumper

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2017 | 01:44 AM

2015 RC-F
Scrapes under front bumper

Just got a 2016 C63 S sedan. Car is not great shape except for a lot of scrapes under front bumper. I'm really fanatical about things like this and so I'm considering fixing it--will cost about 2K at a shop I trust to make it like it came from the factory. I realize the car is low and things happen like steep driveways and accidentally hitting those concrete parking stoppers. Should I just try to accept this? Do any of you have these scrapes? Dealer I bought it from thought i was nuts saying "no one ever looks under there."
Old 12-19-2017 | 09:14 AM

2017 c63s
Originally Posted by palolo6.2
Just got a 2016 C63 S sedan. Car is not great shape except for a lot of scrapes under front bumper. I'm really fanatical about things like this and so I'm considering fixing it--will cost about 2K at a shop I trust to make it like it came from the factory. I realize the car is low and things happen like steep driveways and accidentally hitting those concrete parking stoppers. Should I just try to accept this? Do any of you have these scrapes? Dealer I bought it from thought i was nuts saying "no one ever looks under there."
That is a little excessive. No one looks under there. If you get it fixed it will just burn you that much more when you scrape it yourself.
Old 12-19-2017 | 09:41 AM

2018 C63S Sedan
An honest dealer would have pointed out the scrapes. I look under there too and use the 360 camera plus careful driving around stuff that might scratch it. Fix it if you like but I don't think it will add to the value later when/if you chose to sell it.
Old 12-19-2017 | 11:14 AM

2016 C63s
that's a little excessive! Let it go. Its an endless money pit. It will happen again and will you just keep paying out 2 grand to repair. Only other option is to buy a front splitter either Mode Carbon or RW Carbon. Would you care if that got scraped? At least your protecting the car on the paint.
Old 12-19-2017 | 01:10 PM

C63S Sedan
Put a lip on it if youre going to spend $2000.

But yeah, this is why I bought a car with 360 cameras so I could get a front view when parking to make sure i don't hit sidewalks/cement parking barriers.