Sponsored by:

Hello from Texas!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2017, 06:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
None yet....looking for C63
Hello from Texas!!!

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is John from the Houston area. What brought me to this forum(and this car) is the GF and I are trying to combine my "fun car" and her daily driver. Ideally, my fun car would be a manual and a convertible. Ideally my fun car would likely be a Boxster 981S. But obviously in the service as a DD, a Boxster doesn't check the practicality box. I can let the manual transmission go simply because this engine is sofa king badazz!!!! But the convertible will stay. We will be getting a C63 AMG Cabriolet. I already have a deal on a leftover 2017 and will be getting it for $75k with an $85k MSRP. I am thinking that is a pretty damn good deal? What say the peanut gallery??? Anyway, I am pretty damn excited although I will plunk down this cash and mama will be waving goodbye as she drives off to work...haha. But damn this is a sweet *** car. Anyway, just wanted to say hello. And likely, once the break in period is done be looking at that Dinan piggy back tune.

As an aside, we have pretty much shopped every damn car out there. The M4 was in the running and not a bad car. It just felt less luxurious(yes that is important to her....and me....maybe I am old!!!!) and missing the roar of the V8. I come from the Corvette world as well...have owned 3 and have nothing but great things to say about them....especially in their latest iteration. But still not practical in our situation. A 4 seat rip roaring V8 with a ragtop is the ticket. I thought it was funny in one of the articles I read....The author loved the car but was speculating on what the target market was for this car....when you consider the standard MB buyer. Well....I guess it is me!!!! I never thought I would find myself here. I am not terribly old(52). And I am "moderately successful". I just want a fast 4 seat V8 convertible, dammit!!!...and a Mustang or Camaro ain't gonna cut it. Which brings up another term as I reference those cars. Many articles keep referring to this as a "muscle car"???!!!! And I thought that was crazy....but, it you think about it, when I mention the only other 4 seat V8 convertibles, that is exactly what it is. Especially when I see guys in other sections of this forum putting ET Streets on their car and ripping out the interior!!! I friggin love it!!!! Anyway, I think this car may be for me/us!!!!

Last edited by FLYNLO; 12-21-2017 at 09:10 AM.
Old 12-20-2017, 09:41 AM

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts
AMG C63S
Welcome John. You will be very pleased with the Cabriolet. I guarantee it.
Old 12-20-2017, 09:44 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
Welcome fellow Houstonian
Old 12-20-2017, 10:09 AM

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
2018 C63S Sedan
Welcome aboard. Please park your beautiful new car in a high area to avoid the next set of Houston floods
Old 12-21-2017, 12:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
None yet....looking for C63
Thank y'all!!! Can't wait to get my hands on it...or my foot into it!!!
Old 12-22-2017, 10:49 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2016 C63S AMG SEDAN
You live in Houston so purchase the car and drive it over to Eurocharged for downpipes and a tune...do this before the girlfriend drives it and realizes what you've done!
The following users liked this post:
sales@eurocharged.com (12-22-2017)
Old 12-22-2017, 11:52 AM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
Originally Posted by JRSJR65
You live in Houston so purchase the car and drive it over to Eurocharged for downpipes and a tune...do this before the girlfriend drives it and realizes what you've done!
YES ! Quick and easy

Call us today and we can set something up and get some special pricing for the holidays!