C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 C63s oil level/top off

Old 12-26-2017, 01:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E90 M3
2016 C63s oil level/top off

Hi all - I've got a 16 C63S with about 15k miles on it. I'm currently 3k miles into my most recent oil change and I got the dash light saying to add a quart. Before realizing the car actually HAS a dip stick, I went ahead and just added the quart like it said.

Now a few days later in checking the level on the dipstick, it seems as high as it possibly can be. Over the second notch and basically all the way up.

I'm however not getting messages about needing to remove oil, no weird start ups or idle, etc.

Am I likely okay for 2k more miles before I change it completely or do I need to drain some? If needing to drain, what is the easiest way?

Thanks!
Old 12-26-2017, 02:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 112 Likes on 97 Posts
2016 C63S Sedan
Originally Posted by nineonenine
Hi all - I've got a 16 C63S with about 15k miles on it. I'm currently 3k miles into my most recent oil change and I got the dash light saying to add a quart. Before realizing the car actually HAS a dip stick, I went ahead and just added the quart like it said.

Now a few days later in checking the level on the dipstick, it seems as high as it possibly can be. Over the second notch and basically all the way up.

I'm however not getting messages about needing to remove oil, no weird start ups or idle, etc.

Am I likely okay for 2k more miles before I change it completely or do I need to drain some? If needing to drain, what is the easiest way?

Thanks!
If I was in your situation I would go in and do a oil change now as if to much oil the oil can be aerated by crank and you pump oil with bubbles so not the best.
This warning is common and I had it and it was not low.
Old 12-27-2017, 08:36 AM

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts
2016 Cardinal Red AMG C63 S
Yeah, the false readings for low oil are a common failure. A few people have had the oil level sender replaced under warranty; my dealer told me they "couldn't find anything wrong". But I would get a change done ASAP; too much oil can actually cause more damage than too little.