BOV by Turbosmart, New H&R lowering kit, warranty issues?, Bypass module info

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 11:40 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 S AMG
BOV by Turbosmart, New H&R lowering kit, warranty issues?, Bypass module info

Hello All,

New MB owner here and love this forum after reading up a bit. I have read some of the pros and cons of possibly installing a BOV for my 2015 C63S AMG. I know there are some known brands out there like Renntec, Weistec, turbokits, etc.
Has anyone heard of Turbosmart Kompact? The design of the BOV looks similar but different than Weistec or Renntec as it has a hose connection....

I'm searching and can't find too much info on the press release of 2016 and what is the model number to buy. http://www.turbosmart.com/news/new-f...z-c63-amg-w205
Will installing a BOV void warranty on engine/turbos systems? I asked about aftermarket alarms for remote start and the service advisor said he didn't recommend due to voiding electrical warranty. I basically didn't want to ask anything further and changed topics when voided warranty was raised.

Also, will installing a lowering kit that works with stock sensors void warranty? H&R just released there new lowering kit that works with the C63S AMG and wanted to know if installing voids warranty.
http://www.hrsprings.com/application.../25/1769/2015/

For any that are interested. I spoke with MidCityEnegineering and in a few months, the immobilizer bypass module will be available with remote start, gps, security and all those extra features you might want. Their modules are expensive, but needed for Viper, directed, or compustar alarms. Note, MidCity will be the only manufacture that will have the module available as there are no 2015 MB C class with after market alarms.

Last edited by Juniorp187; 01-15-2018 at 11:43 PM.
Old 01-16-2018, 02:57 PM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
2017 C63s Sedan | 2016 Yukon XL Denali
First, I can't speak much on the BOV except that I am pretty sure that the engine recirculates the air, and thus installing a BOV (vent to atmosphere) could create some issues.

As far as warranty goes, installing a part does not "void" the warranty. All that can happen is a claim can be denied due to the part being installed. So if your engine goes pop and you bring it in with the BOV installed, MB could state that the aftermarket part contributed to the failure and therefore will deny the claim - leaving you stuck with the bill.

As far as the suspension warranty goes, see above. Same thing, just on suspension component parts.
Old 01-16-2018, 03:30 PM
KJ

Received 113 Likes on 74 Posts
2020 GLE 53 AMG
Originally Posted by Mikey_boy
As far as warranty goes, installing a part does not "void" the warranty. All that can happen is a claim can be denied due to the part being installed. So if your engine goes pop and you bring it in with the BOV installed, MB could state that the aftermarket part contributed to the failure and therefore will deny the claim - leaving you stuck with the bill.
The only reason to upgrade the BOV would be for sound. And like Mikey_boy said, it could lead to warranty issues if the dealer says your engine blew because of excess boost and they blamed the BOV for that. Even if it wasn't the BOV's fault, it would be a hassle to prove them wrong.

Doesn't seem worth it just to hear the "whoosh" sound IMO.
Old 01-16-2018, 04:12 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 S AMG
Originally Posted by KJ
The only reason to upgrade the BOV would be for sound. And like Mikey_boy said, it could lead to warranty issues if the dealer says your engine blew because of excess boost and they blamed the BOV for that. Even if it wasn't the BOV's fault, it would be a hassle to prove them wrong.

Doesn't seem worth it just to hear the "whoosh" sound IMO.
Yeah that makes sense. Anyone know of any really good portable GPS locator with iphone compatibility that can be magnetically place under or inside the car. Really don't want to touch the electrical and void warranty with aftermarket alarms.