C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Performance Seats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2018, 09:48 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
W212E63s[rwd sold]W211E63[sold] 645ci [sold]2018 C63s Estate[sold], 2017 gla 45 [Sold] E46m3 [sold]
Originally Posted by Fordgt40

When I specced my car here in the UK there was no option to select the standard seats, I now put a cushion on mine, if that doesn’t work long term reluctantly a fully specced C63S estate will have to find a new home.
That's right, the configurator will not give you that option. When i specced mine, i then went through all the options with the dealer and he offered to switch certain things for me , like choosing a non-s version paint job (ie in that nice metallic red that isnt offered as an option, also not just brililant blue, but midnight blue was offered to me) and i believe amg sports seats vs performance were discussed before i decided to stick with the performance ones. it would have to have been a conversation that you would have needed to have with your dealer who would then amend the spec for you with the relevant option codes etc. I'm pretty sure that the sports seats can be optioned specially on the S vs the performance ones in the UK following those conversations with the dealer. I sometimes still wish i had gone with the standard sports seats but am happy enough with the performance ones
Old 04-10-2018, 11:17 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
2018 C63S Sedan

Sports seats with Linden
Old 01-17-2019, 02:14 PM

Received 86 Likes on 57 Posts
c63s
Originally Posted by Fordgt40
Any one else finds these uncomfortable on a long journey
May I ask what your build is? Also, have you had any performance-type seat experience in previous cars or is this your first one?
Old 01-17-2019, 02:15 PM

c63s
Originally Posted by dopper99
I've got a new C63S and I've had it just over a week. So far I've done just over 400 miles in it.

I'm finding the performance seats really uncomfortable. My back, hips and backside is in pain with these seats. I'm about 18 stone (250 pounds) and after reading these posts, could this be the issue? Being over-weight?
Has anyone got any tips to improve the comfort of performance seats?

BTW, In the UK if you buy a C63S you get performance seats, there is no other choice.

Thanks.
May I ask how tall you are? Have you had performance seats in any previous cars before this one? ARe you saying they're uncomfortable in general or only on long rides? Any progress since April of last year?
Old 01-17-2019, 02:30 PM

Received 149 Likes on 112 Posts
2017 C63S Coupe
Originally Posted by mrguitar
May I ask how tall you are? Have you had performance seats in any previous cars before this one? ARe you saying they're uncomfortable in general or only on long rides? Any progress since April of last year?
Im 6'2 230 lbs and I love my performance seats. I actually prefer them over the regular seats. I prefer them over my brothers E class seats too.
The following users liked this post:
mrguitar (01-17-2019)
Old 01-17-2019, 04:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63S Coupe
Originally Posted by mrguitar
I am 5’ 11”.
Ive not had these same performance seats before, but owned an M3 ZCP and didn’t find that seat too bad.

the problem with the Merc seats for me is that they are too heavily bolstered on the base section and as a result the only way I could stop the hip ache was to use a seat cushion and sit on that. Trouble is that raised me up too high, so then my head had to sit in the sunroof as I’m long in the body and have shorter legs!

anyway, due to many reasons the car is sold a month ago, only had it 8 months.
mrguitar (01-17-2019)
Old 01-17-2019, 07:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 868 Likes on 451 Posts
2023 Urus Performante - 2021 Ferrari Roma - 2017 Ferrari 488 GTB - 2022 GLE 63 S Coupe
I actually got rid of my 2018 GLA 45 because they did not have performance seats. My previous 2015 C63 S had them and my GTR has them. So when I was looking for a new DD. I thought - yeah, I can try the non-sport seats. I hated them. Missed the deep lumbar and contour of the sport seats. Regular ones felt like I was always sliding around. All ended well, because I got a 2018 C63 S again. Here are some pics of the GLA a couple days before it was ousted. Kinda sad - but oh well.

mrguitar (01-17-2019)
Old 01-17-2019, 08:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,961 Likes on 2,639 Posts
2019 C63CS
My last two cars both had very pronounced non-adjustable side bolsters on the base section, so I'm very used to that. I personally much prefer very snug fitting sports seats as for some reason I'm most comfortable if held in place and if the seat cushion is somewhat firm. When I first sat in the AMG performance seats I was not aware that the bolsters are adjustable and it got me concerned as they were not on the widest setting as I discovered later. After learning that the side bolsters are adjustable and driving a C63CS with them I quickly forgot about the seats. I just kinda melted into them as with other sport seats. I have the lumbar support all the way back as the shape of European sport seats seems to naturally follow my spine. When I had used lumbar support in the past I was the least comfortable. I'm 5'11" and about 200 lbs. I could stand to loose some weight which would certainly increase comfort. I've done 12 hour road trips with not more than getting out to fuel and use the restroom in my current RS5 which has fairly tight seats, too, and never had issues. What I do on longer drives to relax is engage adaptive cruise control and move my feet back so my knees and upper thighs lift out of the seat and then I just cruise along. I would say not having to have my feet on the pedals on long drives has done more for long distance comfort than a less tight seat would. With the driver assistance package I expect my upcoming C63CS with the performance seats to be as comfortable of a long distance cruiser as my RS5 currently is.
mrguitar (01-17-2019)
Old 01-17-2019, 08:28 PM

c63s
This paints a great picture for me. I think I’m set on the performance seats. I used to drive a Nissan GTR and those performance seats were okay. But they were not adjustable as far as lumbar and bolsters are concerned. These have to be better than those and I was fine with that ok long rides.
Old 01-30-2019, 08:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63S Wagon
I love the performance seats, I regularly drive from London to Paris and the seat gives me perfect support. I’m sitting upright all the time so my back is always in the healthy position. Much better than my old Audi Q5 workhorse. The seats are comfy but your back is like lying on a sofa then gets sore quite quickly. But the thing is passenger might not like the performance seat if they want to nap.

And they just look so much better!
Old 01-30-2019, 10:14 PM

Received 89 Likes on 63 Posts
2015 C63S ,DME Tune, KW Has ,Kmac Bushings,BC Forged wheels,Gt Rotors,Porterfield R4S,Modal Intake
I love me performance seats and find them firm but comfortable .If you're a heavy set person they may not be for you .I'm 5'10" 185 lbs ...by far the best looking seat