Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How did I get pulled on by a tuned s5?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2018, 09:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 C63 S Coupe
I raced a brand new Camaro SS last night on the way home from 40 mph and pulled on him about 1 car length before I noticed him starting to gain at 100. Does a tune help with our lack of top end? I keep wanting to pull the trigger.
Old 05-31-2018, 03:41 PM

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
2015 W205 C63S, 2015 328i xdrive, 2008 Mercedes R-Class 350, 2009 Hyundai Equus
Originally Posted by Dan D
I raced a brand new Camaro SS last night on the way home from 40 mph and pulled on him about 1 car length before I noticed him starting to gain at 100. Does a tune help with our lack of top end? I keep wanting to pull the trigger.
Do you know whether if the Camaro was a manual or auto? With the 10 speed auto which is very fast, you pulling on him is very impressive. Also, you should have pulled harder 100mph+?
Old 05-31-2018, 05:47 PM

2017 C63 S Coupe
Originally Posted by JaeJin Sohn
Do you know whether if the Camaro was a manual or auto? With the 10 speed auto which is very fast, you pulling on him is very impressive. Also, you should have pulled harder 100mph+?
I honestly don’t have any idea whether it was an auto or manual but I know it was very close and given more space he might have had me. I also raced a tuned M3 a few weeks back and he easily walked on me. Therefore the reason why I now want to tune so bad!
Old 06-01-2018, 09:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 606 Likes on 346 Posts
19 E63s, 23 M3 compX, B9 SQ5
Originally Posted by Dan D

I honestly don’t have any idea whether it was an auto or manual but I know it was very close and given more space he might have had me. I also raced a tuned M3 a few weeks back and he easily walked on me. Therefore the reason why I now want to tune so bad!
New Camaro SS are no joke, same with the new 5.0s with the revised coyote engine. But a stock C63s shouldn't have any trouble beating both, not by much, so your experience sounds right. Tuned M3s are monsters they will put car lengths on a stock M177. Get a tune and say goodbye to all three of those.
Old 06-02-2018, 12:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2018 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by raudiace4
New Camaro SS are no joke, same with the new 5.0s with the revised coyote engine. But a stock C63s shouldn't have any trouble beating both, not by much, so your experience sounds right. Tuned M3s are monsters they will put car lengths on a stock M177. Get a tune and say goodbye to all three of those.
Do you think the dinan tuner is equivalent in performance to the flash tunes?
Old 06-04-2018, 09:50 AM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Porsche 911, C63S AMG, 300CE 24
Good question, stage one is a hearsay tune, no one really knows but thinks it's probably faster, tuners seem to get away with unproven products in the Merc market.

All we really know is stock cars run mid 11s, stage 3 mid 10s. Stage 1 on a non S at least brings you to S power I've read, we only have Ss in Australia so I don't know a lot about them.

I went in a stage 1 car the other day and I wouldn't personally bother, I'd go to straight stage 2.
Old 06-04-2018, 11:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by rekrul
Do you think the dinan tuner is equivalent in performance to the flash tunes?
It's really absurd on this W205 C63s forum the people who do have bench flash tunes are really mum about their experience or results. Either its guys with upgraded turbos or stock guys or the in between with piggyback tuners. I have yet to see a bench flashed tune only car, or flash tune + DPs post 1/4 results. Either that or I've missed it. From what I have seen the piggyback tuners like Dinan (huge rip off at $2200), are making almost the same power as bench flashed tunes, again there hasn't been any solid 1/4 or track times to back this up to compare. Check out Race Chip they offer the same power levels as Dinan for about ~$800

https://www.racechip.us/shop/mercede...-516lb-ft.html
Old 06-04-2018, 10:35 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
C63 Amg coupe 2018
Originally Posted by rekrul
As above.

I have a 2018 C63 non S bought brand new broken in properly currently 3k miles. Last night had 3 pulls against a stage 2 S5 (2016 supercharged 6) and got pulled 2 cars from 40-120 each time. I actually had a stage 2.5 APR s4 and I know they are very quick with near instant maximal power but I didn't think from a roll it would stay with the twin turbo 8. I also am not an incompetent driver... so what is it? Should I get my car checked out? He should be making around 400whp and 360wtq. Also think they are about 100lb heavier.

Were you spinning and didn't really notice? I have a 2018 non s and depending on the roads just pushing it in 3rd from 2nd the wheels can spin with the torque this car makes. You would be surprised the kind of cars that can beat us due to traction problems. My previous car was a cla45 tune only and i had no problems beating big v8s even on the top end. Eg i raced a full bolt on camaro SS with My Apr stage 2+ Golf R (Manual brand new toyo t1 proxies and a brand new clutch ) Supposedly the guy was making 530ish crank. He was cocky untill i walked him pretty bad until 5th he started to catch up. When i had my cla45 i walked a new lexus RCF I believe it makes around 470-480 hp NA. I also walked a new 5.0 pretty good in the tune only cla45. Stage 2 audis are not slow at all! I don't think anything is wrong other than your car was not putting down the power as well as the audi. The audi will always put power down easy down IMO after about 400ish hp it feels like AWD has the advantage. Oh and the instant power from the supercharger lets the audi jump so its a combo of a lot i think. And even with autos the driver mod does effect the outcome in my experience. Also what gear did you roll from and what speed? 1st-2nd just spins in My c63 i bet if you did 3rd-5th ud start pulling away hard .

Last edited by Jaydavid93; 06-04-2018 at 10:40 PM.
Old 06-04-2018, 11:18 PM

2017 C63 S Coupe
It's really absurd on this W205 C63s forum the people who do have bench flash tunes are really mum about their experience or results. Either its guys with upgraded turbos or stock guys or the in between with piggyback tuners. I have yet to see a bench flashed tune only car, or flash tune + DPs post 1/4 results. Either that or I've missed it. From what I have seen the piggyback tuners like Dinan (huge rip off at $2200), are making almost the same power as bench flashed tunes, again there hasn't been any solid 1/4 or track times to back this up to compare. Check out Race Chip they offer the same power levels as Dinan for about ~$800

The only Tuner to post any tuned 1/4 mile times is Weistec with a before and after. Tune and filters the car ran an 11.5. I don’t understand the lack of anyone stating a time either. I totally agree it is absurd. Even the tuners are mute in this forum.
Old 06-05-2018, 10:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 369 Likes on 263 Posts
2017 Porsche 911 C4

Have fun with RaceChip, that company is a joke. I tried them before Dinan, they sent me two units - both had no effect on the car. In fact, the first unit they sent was loaded with the wrong file and a failed Bluetooth module (really nice to see they check these things before customers install their cheap box on a $90k AMG). The second unit they shipped for free and guess what, after spending hours installing, it was dead on arrival. These were both the latest and greatest GTS Black units. They blamed my install, but then took responsibility and refunded me in full (including the shipping costs back and forth to Germany). You get what you you pay for.

Dinan installs the same way as RaceChip and it worked perfectly and makes more power
than the stock tires can handle. I had to upgrade tires just to have a semblance of traction in 3rd gear. If you keep stock rubber and add 150 ft-lbs torque, guess what, you’ll be slower than stock until the middle of 3rd gear.

Also, there are plenty of stage 1 C63S’s that have run the 1/4 mile, you just need to look outside of MBWorld. Generally, a stage 1 is in the low 11’s at a 126 mph or so trap speed. It’s a solid 5-6 mph increase in trap speed if you have the traction to put it down.

My Coupe bone stock ran 11.6 at 121 and 11.8 at 122 with a decent DA in New Hampshire. I can tell you that after the Dinan tune and 305 rears, the power is night and day compared to stock even being in Austin now with a horrible DA (super hot and humid).
Old 06-05-2018, 04:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by AlexZTuned

Have fun with RaceChip, that company is a joke. I tried them before Dinan, they sent me two units - both had no effect on the car. In fact, the first unit they sent was loaded with the wrong file and a failed Bluetooth module (really nice to see they check these things before customers install their cheap box on a $90k AMG). The second unit they shipped for free and guess what, after spending hours installing, it was dead on arrival. These were both the latest and greatest GTS Black units. They blamed my install, but then took responsibility and refunded me in full (including the shipping costs back and forth to Germany). You get what you you pay for.

Dinan installs the same way as RaceChip and it worked perfectly and makes more power
than the stock tires can handle. I had to upgrade tires just to have a semblance of traction in 3rd gear. If you keep stock rubber and add 150 ft-lbs torque, guess what, you’ll be slower than stock until the middle of 3rd gear.

Also, there are plenty of stage 1 C63S’s that have run the 1/4 mile, you just need to look outside of MBWorld. Generally, a stage 1 is in the low 11’s at a 126 mph or so trap speed. It’s a solid 5-6 mph increase in trap speed if you have the traction to put it down.

My Coupe bone stock ran 11.6 at 121 and 11.8 at 122 with a decent DA in New Hampshire. I can tell you that after the Dinan tune and 305 rears, the power is night and day compared to stock even being in Austin now with a horrible DA (super hot and humid).
I'm just offering him a lower cost alternative to Dinnan's overpriced piggyback solution. I don't see how one piggyback can make more power than another simply because it costs more, there is no real data to compare. Your experience sounds bad, I'm not looking to chip tune my car anytime soon, I'm staying stock till OBD2 flashing is available, or might just say **** it and do bigger turbos with that EC deal next year.

I haven't seen any times on MBworld and haven't really looked outside for results either. With the number of tuners and vendors on this forum you would think they would be posting tuned car 1/4 times and slips every chance they get. I'd like to see what times you put down with the Dinan piggyback, 11.6 for a stock time is blazing btw. Good work.
Old 06-05-2018, 05:15 PM
KJ

Received 113 Likes on 74 Posts
2020 GLE 53 AMG
I'm staying stock till OBD2 flashing is available
This can't come soon enough. They have this for the BMW M3/M4 and you can backup the stock file and replace it with the tuned file.

If you ever have any issues, you can simply upload the stock file again and it's undetectable. Since you can do this via OBDII, you can do it yourself in 5-mins before each trip to the dealer.

The dealer will never know because there's no physical or digital evidence left behind.
Old 06-06-2018, 07:54 PM

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
2015 W205 C63S, 2015 328i xdrive, 2008 Mercedes R-Class 350, 2009 Hyundai Equus
If the dealer really wanted to, they can find out your peak boost within the ECU and find out if you have been tuned or not to tryna void your warranty. However, they can't void your warranty until they prove that the tune is what caused the issue. There are several ways for a dealer to find out whether if you are tuned, its just that many of them dont try to or just overlook it.
Old 10-21-2018, 12:25 PM

Received 149 Likes on 112 Posts
2017 C63S Coupe
It sucks that our cars cant even put power down properly..i dont even bother pulling from a red light anymore because im just gonna be left behind with my tires spinning till 3rd gear Waiting for my tires to get done so I can replace the rears with 305s and hopefully then I can start having some real fun at least.
Old 10-21-2018, 06:51 PM

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts
‘17 GT F1A E85 Monster ‘16 C63s
I know this thread is back from the dead, but I had a dual pulley supercharged s4 on a e85 blend that was running 11.1 all day long at the track with 1.5 60’ on street tires. Mine was one of the 5-6 quickest on the list but a few were able to break into the 10’s on the b8-8.5 platform. Granted the quicker ones are more modded than most with upper/lower pullies, ported blowers (by me or jokers), ported throttle bodies, catless headers, meth injection, intakes and custom tunes. Don’t feel bad if your stock C63s got gapped by a modded b8-8.5 s4/5 cause they are quick af!