Sponsored by:

Any thoughts on intercooler spray kit?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2018, 11:35 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
a UFO
Any thoughts on intercooler spray kit?

Any viable water or co2 kit anyone done or looked into? Just external spraying to keep heat soak at bay and possibly small performance gain.
Old 06-01-2018, 08:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 368 Likes on 262 Posts
2017 Porsche 911 C4
We have air-to-water intercoolers. Maybe you could spray the heat exchangers to cool the water? If you’re really keen to add something, look into a killer chiller (using the AC to chill the IC water), or a water/meth injection kit.
Old 06-01-2018, 01:02 PM

Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts
2015 C63s Sedan
They actually show a universal Mercedes kit....really think this would help with heat soak....damn it's 90+ with 100% humidity here in Central FL.....
Old 06-01-2018, 02:32 PM
KJ

Received 113 Likes on 74 Posts
2020 GLE 53 AMG
Originally Posted by Schulminator
They actually show a universal Mercedes kit....really think this would help with heat soak....damn it's 90+ with 100% humidity here in Central FL.....
Are you actually experiencing heat soak though? I've driven the car pretty hard on 100+ degree days and it just keeps pulling.

It's been so hot that even after being parked in the garage overnight, everything is still up to temperature the next morning when I fire the car up.
Old 06-01-2018, 02:41 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
a UFO
Originally Posted by KJ
Are you actually experiencing heat soak though? I've driven the car pretty hard on 100+ degree days and it just keeps pulling.

It's been so hot that even after being parked in the garage overnight, everything is still up to temperature the next morning when I fire the car up.
2 folds with this upgrade that I am thinking 1: you can probably protect the cooler with a mesh with where you are spraying to protect it from rocks and pebble with lesser worry of lesser air flow that may impact performance. 2: trying to squeeze out every "easy" improvement to get better 1/4 or just overall driving experience.
I am not sure how efficient is the cooler, but my guess is that its probably designed to need as much air as it can get, it'll do "fine" at a track, but at low speeds (every day driving), it is probably going to soak and saturate. again, this is just a gut feeling guess. So I think a chiller/sprayer WILL help.