Sponsored by:

Few questions from a new member

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2018, 11:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c63
Few questions from a new member

Hey guys, new to benz and new to forced induction! Came from a NA v8 ( 2010 ISF).

What are the first mods that everyone does for the most part? Least expensive-most expensive?

Anyone have roof racks for their car? I surf and snowboard and would like to get some racks on my car. I've got the c63 coupe 2018.

What are the widest tires you guys are throwing on stock rims? I have the black oem rims with the chrome lip and they came with 285 PSS in the rears. Would like to get up to 305 if possible since i want to tune and throw down pipes on the car.

Will putting downpipes or throwing on a piggyback mess with my lease?

Thanks everyone.
Old 07-02-2018, 12:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 179 Likes on 143 Posts
Mercedes-Benz E63s AMG
Hey welcome to the forum... one of my neighbors had a Blue ISF with exhaust that actually sounded REALLY good. Congrats on the upgrade =P

First off, ALL mods on this car are EXPENSIVE haha. I think most people go for exhaust mods to amplify the amazing sound of these engines. Do you already have the performance exhaust? Mods range from valve control modules to DP's, to full exhaust systems.

I'm sure any roof rack system will work... Thule, Yakima, Rhino Rack are some popular ones. Mercedes OEM roof racks will be the cheapest option, though. And FYI, your new car will be HILARIOUSLY TERRIBLE in snow so... re-think your transportation to the mountain, ESPECIALLY if you're going to upsize your tires. There's a reason nobody on this side of the forum is talking about roof racks haha.

I'll let you search for the tires... there are tons of good threads on it already, and I have a 4-door so can't provide much information.

I also don't lease cars so... can't help you with the DP's or Piggyback on the lease... I hear people doing it all the time, though.