C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Have I been cursed by a Honda? Suspension and Diff failure popups..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2018, 11:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
A pair of AMG's
Have I been cursed by a Honda? Suspension and Diff failure popups..

Hi all,

I've been a happy owner of a 2017 W205 C63S since May of last year when I picked up the car - until this evening. I had a run in with a jerk in a Honda on the highway, who decided that a C63S passing him in an empty fast lane was just not right - and who just cut right into me at the last second. So in equal manner, I moved over a lane, watched him pound the throttle on his little 4 banger accord and inch away for a few seconds.... and gave the throttle a tug to reclaim my place (he tried to get in front of me again after, no idea what that was about - people are mental).

That being said a little later after I got off the highway, I noticed the dash light up with a slab of errors. Dunno if this guy's lack of horsepower is somehow balanced out by excessive voodoo magic skills and he hexed my car?

I presume that some errors are just generic canned messages that are triggered by one or two systems being disabled. On the list are :

Suspension Malfunction (suspension button is also inoperative with the left LED turned on as though the car is in Sport mode - I had it in Sport+ when the errors came up)
ESP Inoperative
Active Brake Assist Functions Limited
Active Blind Spot Assist Inoperative
Active Lane Keeping Assist Inoperative
I also have the check engine/service light turned on.
After I shut the car off, the screen popped up with the Electronic Rear Axle Differential Lock Inoperative message.

Locked/armed the car - gauges stayed up with the error on the display. Unlocked/turned back on and everything is still showing up after two more cycles.

Has anyone had this happen before? I've had a 2016 S Class with just a suspension failure, but that was the Airmatic. Not sure to what degree the airmatic suspension shares functions and features with a W205 and all of the associated AMG gear (ie. rear diff lock). I'm going with the assumption that the suspension is likely the main point of focus and disabling other systems down to the LSD?

Going to call the stealership on Monday to book a visit, but it would be nice to see if anyone else can give me an idea as to what I could expect (I like to come prepared ).

Cheers!
Old 07-22-2018, 09:01 AM

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts
2015 E400 Coupe
Wish I could help. It sure sounds weird.
Old 07-22-2018, 12:12 PM

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts
MY17 C63s Sedan
I am not sure also but perhaps blown fuse or battery/voltage related? Just guessing of course. I recall someone else had this issue before. Perhaps do a search.
Old 07-23-2018, 05:03 PM

A pair of AMG's
Had some fun with the dealer today who is booked solid till mid August; I'm just going to tow it in and let them deal with it (and have my rental reimbursed). There's a good restaurant next door while I wait for the flatbed to drive me to the next entrance over. (searched the internet over for W205 suspension fault but couldn't find anything, maybe I'm just aging poorly and can't use search features the way that I used to :o)
Old 07-25-2018, 04:39 PM

A pair of AMG's
Well in case it's of value to anyone, the verdict so far is a bad steering control module. Supposedly it caused these systems to disable. Will see what happens when I pick up he car on Friday! The steering felt a bit light which I failed to mention (sort of assumed assisted steering defaulted with the other errors).

Was fun driving the car in, felt like I was on a pogo stick.
Old 05-31-2023, 08:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 C63s coupe
Verdict?

Hey x - fire I know this thread is old but I'm having the suspension malfunction display on my car with the sport light stuck on and the ride like a stiff pogo stick!! I'm just wondering what the final verdict was on your car?