Sponsored by:

Misalignment issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2018, 09:17 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 C63 S EDITION 1/ 2015 BMW X5M
Misalignment issues

The other day I dropped my car off at the dealership for regular maintenance, the service rep asked me if the vehicles ever been to an accident... then he showed me how the tail lights are slightly popped out, and rear bumper and rear quarter panels are misaligned slightly... honestly I’ve never paid closely attention to those areas so I never noticed until they pointed out... they told me they will take a look at those issues but has anyone had similar issues in the past?
Old 09-14-2018, 11:06 PM

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts
C63 S AMG, Jaguar F Pace S
Originally Posted by Alexpark911
The other day I dropped my car off at the dealership for regular maintenance, the service rep asked me if the vehicles ever been to an accident... then he showed me how the tail lights are slightly popped out, and rear bumper and rear quarter panels are misaligned slightly... honestly I’ve never paid closely attention to those areas so I never noticed until they pointed out... they told me they will take a look at those issues but has anyone had similar issues in the past?
Sedan? Coupe? My ‘17 prompted the same question because the rear bumper is just slightly off. But the shop foreman conceded the quality of builds coming from the AL plant have not been great lately.
Old 09-16-2018, 01:19 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 C63 S EDITION 1/ 2015 BMW X5M
I have sedan... just picked up the car from the shop... they re-aligned... looks good now
Old 09-16-2018, 05:33 PM

Received 89 Likes on 63 Posts
2015 C63S ,DME Tune, KW Has ,Kmac Bushings,BC Forged wheels,Gt Rotors,Porterfield R4S,Modal Intake
I work in the industry and the quality out of the Alabama plant isn't great .......It's no where near what we see coming out of Germany . The Germans have more pride in their work and tighter quality control which is probably why all engines come out of Germany rather than build in N.America