Sponsored by:

Tuned C63S “Overboost” code

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2018, 02:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 C230
Tuned C63S “Overboost” code

Need some advice guys. My tuned ‘16 sedan has been experiencing the intermittent cut out of boost that has been fairly well documented on here as a problem with the wastegate hoses. It finally got to the point where I didn’t want to deal with it anymore so I took it in. My SA is cool, but I’ve never specifically discussed the tune, just alluded to it. They hooked it up and found a code for what he called “overboost”. We both played it off, and he’s going to change the hoses, but is this normal? I would think on a tune, you could program the “overt boost” code out. Maybe I’m wrong. Also, could the code be impacting performance or causing the turbos to cut out more frequently?

Old 09-17-2018, 09:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 C230
Originally Posted by fresnobrianb
Need some advice guys. My tuned ‘16 sedan has been experiencing the intermittent cut out of boost that has been fairly well documented on here as a problem with the wastegate hoses. It finally got to the point where I didn’t want to deal with it anymore so I took it in. My SA is cool, but I’ve never specifically discussed the tune, just alluded to it. They hooked it up and found a code for what he called “overboost”. We both played it off, and he’s going to change the hoses, but is this normal? I would think on a tune, you could program the “overt boost” code out. Maybe I’m wrong. Also, could the code be impacting performance or causing the turbos to cut out more frequently?

nobody??
Old 09-18-2018, 03:35 PM

Received 91 Likes on 68 Posts
'15 C63S
Who did the tune on your car? What temperature is your car at when it happens (both engine and transmission temps)? Have you ever seen a Check Engine Light for the overboost code? What version of the stock ECU software do you have (was it ever updated by the dealership)?

Just trying to get more info so others can help out.

Last edited by msd3075; 09-18-2018 at 03:39 PM.
Old 09-18-2018, 05:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 179 Likes on 143 Posts
Mercedes-Benz E63s AMG
Assuming that's an abnormal code given nobody else has really had that complaint on the boards that I've seen ... Might indicate a leak somewhere then... Was it fixed with changing the tubing? If not, may be the turbos or wastegates leaking.