C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2019 C63S Deliveries

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2018, 12:19 PM

Received 93 Likes on 57 Posts
2017 AMG SL63 _ 19 AMG S65 Cpe _ 23 R8 Spyder Rwd _ 17 911 C2S _ 16 Boxster Spyder _ 01 BMW Z8 etc.
Originally Posted by LawyerUp1
I'm pretty sure the aero pack has been delayed. My car was built on 11/22 and has been sitting at a German port since a few days after that. My SA had no idea why it's still delayed, so I called around to a few other dealers. One SA said he is pretty sure it has something to do with the aero pack because all of the aero pack cars are still in Germany.

This will be my first and last MB!
Sounds like you should cancel the car. This seems like it would put a dark cloud over the whole experience, and why should you pay money *and be unhappy?

Just out of curiosity - have you not ordered a new model from any other manufacturer? You are emphasizing Mercedes-Benz as a manufacturer. Do you think Mercedes or your dealer will feel it if you boycott Mercedes? With every manufacturer, there are usually delays, mistakes, etc at the introduction of a new model! That’s the nature of manufacturing. Most people go into the process understanding and anticipating these things. The old adage applies- be careful buying the first model year of a new car. Yes this is a facelift, but lots and lots of new things which puts it into “new model” category.

Maybe you could find happiness in that they want to correct the problem instead of rolling out garbage like GM does?
Old 12-13-2018, 12:29 PM
Xec

Received 117 Likes on 89 Posts
IG: @amg.svr
Originally Posted by 348SStb

Sounds like you should cancel the car. This seems like it would put a dark cloud over the whole experience, and why should you pay money *and be unhappy?

Just out of curiosity - have you not ordered a new model from any other manufacturer? You are emphasizing Mercedes-Benz as a manufacturer. Do you think Mercedes or your dealer will feel it if you boycott Mercedes? With every manufacturer, there are usually delays, mistakes, etc at the introduction of a new model! That’s the nature of manufacturing. Most people go into the process understanding and anticipating these things. The old adage applies- be careful buying the first model year of a new car. Yes this is a facelift, but lots and lots of new things which puts it into “new model” category.

Maybe you could find happiness in that they want to correct the problem instead of rolling out garbage like GM does?
Going to chime in on this too. The car's already at port. Most of the time it's already out of Mercedes's hands at this point and it's an issue with customs/regulations. The new G63's have been stuck at US ports since late summer.

This process is not unique with any manufacturer I can think of, especially on a custom order of a brand new vehicle.
Old 12-13-2018, 04:32 PM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
C63S

I've owned BMW's for years and never experienced these types of delays and an inability of anyone to provide accurate information. I was originally told the car would be delivered in September. It is now December and the SA can't even tell me why the car is delayed (again). Every step of the way, nobody has been able to give me a reason why the build date was pushed back. Now, the car is sitting at a German port supposedly for a part, but nobody can tell me what the part is. When you spend almost 100k on any product, you expect a certain level of service. Your adage doesn't apply because this isn't a new model and I'm not paying GM prices, so that is a total non-sequitur.

I'm still mystified about what "problem" they are correcting? Perhaps you have some information I don't, which only fortifies my original point that I should be receiving more information about something that is costing me 93k. I guess they will always have obsequious customers like you to keep them in business no matter how they treat their customers.
Old 12-13-2018, 04:53 PM

Received 89 Likes on 63 Posts
2019 c63s coupe, 2008 s63 sedan, 2007 335i coupe
I've owned BMW's for years and never experienced these types of delays and an inability of anyone to provide accurate information. I was originally told the car would be delivered in September. It is now December and the SA can't even tell me why the car is delayed (again). Every step of the way, nobody has been able to give me a reason why the build date was pushed back. Now, the car is sitting at a German port supposedly for a part, but nobody can tell me what the part is. When you spend almost 100k on any product, you expect a certain level of service. Your adage doesn't apply because this isn't a new model and I'm not paying GM prices, so that is a total non-sequitur.

I'm still mystified about what "problem" they are correcting? Perhaps you have some information I don't, which only fortifies my original point that I should be receiving more information about something that is costing me 93k. I guess they will always have obsequious customers like you to keep them in business no matter how they treat their customers.
There a lot of new epa type rules and inspections that cars have to go through today esp in NA and Europe.. guys just went through this with the gtr.. i know vw buyers going through this. Things are much different today than even 2 years ago. I agree the companies should still send out letters and state exactly why a particular car/model is being delayed but this is what we are handed. At the end of the day I view it as an added bonus... difficulty to acquire something builds value and makes your purchase that much more satisfying when you finally get it. It sucks but you gotta try and make the best of it. Mr. AMG aka rokenr on instagram just made a post stating c63s is having delays in EU and it's across all manufacturers currently.. everything is delayed I didn't know he sold his glc63 in anticipation of getting a c63s coupe especially when he has a w204 black series.
Old 12-13-2018, 04:55 PM

2017 AMG SL63 _ 19 AMG S65 Cpe _ 23 R8 Spyder Rwd _ 17 911 C2S _ 16 Boxster Spyder _ 01 BMW Z8 etc.

My points do not constitute a non-sequitur, even though your use of the term, while not surprising, is impressive to those who give style points on vocabulary words. I explained why this car is in the category of "new model," and it really ought to require no explanation. It's a facelifted car which Mercedes even on their web site calls "The New" AMG C63 family. The car is being built with new options and new standard equipment. Semantics aside, it's a new car. Plain and simple. This is the start of a new production for Mercedes. There are always growing pains in manufacturing, and nobody is saying those are acceptable. You don't have to accept those. Naturally, you are free to cancel your car. The point is the growing pains are not unusual, and those with a bit more experience come to tolerate them. Those of us who tolerate these inconveniences tend to be more interested in the end product, the end game, the drive. So long as you are hanging on for the ride, I encourage you to imagine embracing the eventual drive instead of entertaining suppositions and blame for the delays.

Also- the price level of a car doesn't determine quality control. There is no causality between those two; so your conclusion there is a non-sequitur.

I am not obsequious. I am realistic. But thank you for the compliment.

If you know anything about how the European import car business works (Porsche, Ferrari, Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Audi, etc), you know that the Europeans do not tell their American stepchildren (in this case, Mercedes-Benz USA) everything; and further, Mercedes-Benz USA does not tell the dealer everything. I'm not saying it's right, but I am saying you are wasting your energy by complaining that nobody at your dealer is able to describe the part for which you are waiting. There dealer personnel have very limited information, and often they know only as much as the consumer.

The only information I have which you don't is the knowledge associated with having extensive experience buying brand new European cars.

I have tried to help you by offering advice and calm words of encouragement; but since they have been met with insults, I suggest we stop here and both withdraw.
Old 12-13-2018, 06:00 PM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
C63S
My points do not constitute a non-sequitur, even though your use of the term, while not surprising, is impressive to those who give style points on vocabulary words. I explained why this car is in the category of "new model," and it really ought to require no explanation. It's a facelifted car which Mercedes even on their web site calls "The New" AMG C63 family. The car is being built with new options and new standard equipment. Semantics aside, it's a new car. Plain and simple. This is the start of a new production for Mercedes. There are always growing pains in manufacturing, and nobody is saying those are acceptable. You don't have to accept those. Naturally, you are free to cancel your car. The point is the growing pains are not unusual, and those with a bit more experience come to tolerate them. Those of us who tolerate these inconveniences tend to be more interested in the end product, the end game, the drive. So long as you are hanging on for the ride, I encourage you to imagine embracing the eventual drive instead of entertaining suppositions and blame for the delays.

Also- the price level of a car doesn't determine quality control. There is no causality between those two; so your conclusion there is a non-sequitur.

I am not obsequious. I am realistic. But thank you for the compliment.

If you know anything about how the European import car business works (Porsche, Ferrari, Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Audi, etc), you know that the Europeans do not tell their American stepchildren (in this case, Mercedes-Benz USA) everything; and further, Mercedes-Benz USA does not tell the dealer everything. I'm not saying it's right, but I am saying you are wasting your energy by complaining that nobody at your dealer is able to describe the part for which you are waiting. There dealer personnel have very limited information, and often they know only as much as the consumer.

The only information I have which you don't is the knowledge associated with having extensive experience buying brand new European cars.

I have tried to help you by offering advice and calm words of encouragement; but since they have been met with insults, I suggest we stop here and both withdraw.
My point addresses a larger issue: how many times has Mercedes-Benz rolled out a "new" car? Surely, this is not the first time they've experienced delays (and therefore annoyed customers) and they should be accustomed to assuaging (style points?) customer concerns with updated and accurate information. I would be happy to let you drone on about how many European cars you've purchased (I'm kidding -- please don't) and how you think that makes you an expert, but it is moronic to suggest that it is a waste of energy to complain about customer service because "that's just how MB USA operates." If they are cashing my check, they should care about my satisfaction. That's what turns first-time buyers into repeat customers. Luckily for them, it sounds like you are willing to dismiss their ineptitude as mere inconvenience while continuing to line their pockets with your hard-earned cash. And, since we're exchanging advice, I suggest you have higher standards for the businesses you patronize.
Old 12-13-2018, 06:29 PM
Xec

Received 117 Likes on 89 Posts
IG: @amg.svr
It really sounds like an issue with your dealer not setting the right expectations. Delivery in September? I don't think they even started production until October. Your dealer pocketed your deposit check as an interest free loan, but that's not the fault of Mercedes USA. I spoke with many dealers throughout my buying process and quite a few told me they honestly had no idea of the actual timeline. Same manager told me the delays with the new G63 and GTR also just sitting in port, unable to clear EPA. Again, not a particularly rare thing for new custom orders for manufacturers... recent 991.2 GT2/GT3 release comes to mind.
Old 12-14-2018, 02:15 AM

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
2019 AMG C63S
Hey folks,
I submitted my order back in 11/12/18 and below is my built and my beast (C63s Coupe) should go to production within the first or second week of Jan (per my dealer?)...

Question:
1. What does priority Level 1 or 2 mean?
2. Am I missing anything special for my built while I still have time to make adjustments?

Vehicle
Model : C63CS
Paint 1 : 149 Polar White
Uph : 858 Magma Grey/Black Nap
Factory : Germany

Optional Accessories:
B26 AMG Aerodynamics Package
H73 AMG Carbon Fiber Trim
K27 factory code
K33 Extended Restart in Stop &Go Traffic
L6G AMG Performance Steering Wheel in DINAMICA
PZY Steering Code
RSW 19" AMG Twin 5-Spoke Wheels
R01 Summer High-Performance Tires
U25 AMG Illuminated Door Sills
U78 AMG Performance Exhaust System
01U Factory Code
059 factory code
256 AMG Track Pace
273 Rear Cross Traffic Alert
319 Exterior Lighting Package
320 Multimedia Package
367 Live Traffic
401 Heated &Ventilated Front Seats
463 Head-Up Display
464 12.3" Digital Instrument Cluster
5P6 Control code - scheduling &production intro vehicles
521 AMG Night Package
555 AMG Performance Seats
6P5 Factory Code
877 64-Color Ambient Lighting
996 Parking Assistance Package
997 Driver Assistance Package

Status
Current Status : B1
Decade Planned : 19/01-3
Decade Scheduled : 19/01-2
Prod. date : 01/2D/2019

B10 11/26/2018 DCAG X - 13 PROCESSED
B00 11/22/2018 DCAG X - 19 PROCESSED
Z60 11/12/2018 CONFIRM. ACCESSORY UPDATE
Z54 11/12/2018 PRIORITY SET TO 1
Z47 11/12/2018 SCI SET TO (C)LIENT
Z20 11/12/2018 P.O. UPDATED
Z55 11/12/2018 PRIORITY SET TO 2
Z08 11/12/2018 RETAILER TRADED
A9B 10/31/2018 DECADE CHANGED BY CONFIRMATION
A9B 10/22/2018 DECADE CHANGED BY CONFIRMATION
Z60 10/16/2018 CONFIRM. ACCESSORY UPDATE
A9B 10/16/2018 DECADE CHANGED BY CONFIRMATION
Z60 10/13/2018 CONFIRM. ACCESSORY UPDATE
A9B 10/13/2018 DECADE CHANGED BY CONFIRMATION

Update
Priority Level : 1
VPC Pickup : NO
Old 12-14-2018, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by Ben Khoshabeh
Hey folks,
I submitted my order back in 11/12/18 and below is my built and my beast (C63s Coupe) should go to production within the first or second week of Jan (per my dealer?)...

Question:
1. What does priority Level 1 or 2 mean?
2. Am I missing anything special for my built while I still have time to make adjustments?

Vehicle
Model : C63CS
Paint 1 : 149 Polar White
Uph : 858 Magma Grey/Black Nap
Factory : Germany

Optional Accessories:
B26 AMG Aerodynamics Package
H73 AMG Carbon Fiber Trim
K27 factory code
K33 Extended Restart in Stop &Go Traffic
L6G AMG Performance Steering Wheel in DINAMICA
PZY Steering Code
RSW 19" AMG Twin 5-Spoke Wheels
R01 Summer High-Performance Tires
U25 AMG Illuminated Door Sills
U78 AMG Performance Exhaust System
01U Factory Code
059 factory code
256 AMG Track Pace
273 Rear Cross Traffic Alert
319 Exterior Lighting Package
320 Multimedia Package
367 Live Traffic
401 Heated &Ventilated Front Seats
463 Head-Up Display
464 12.3" Digital Instrument Cluster
5P6 Control code - scheduling &production intro vehicles
521 AMG Night Package
555 AMG Performance Seats
6P5 Factory Code
877 64-Color Ambient Lighting
996 Parking Assistance Package
997 Driver Assistance Package

Status
Current Status : B1
Decade Planned : 19/01-3
Decade Scheduled : 19/01-2
Prod. date : 01/2D/2019

B10 11/26/2018 DCAG X - 13 PROCESSED
B00 11/22/2018 DCAG X - 19 PROCESSED
Z60 11/12/2018 CONFIRM. ACCESSORY UPDATE
Z54 11/12/2018 PRIORITY SET TO 1
Z47 11/12/2018 SCI SET TO (C)LIENT
Z20 11/12/2018 P.O. UPDATED
Z55 11/12/2018 PRIORITY SET TO 2
Z08 11/12/2018 RETAILER TRADED
A9B 10/31/2018 DECADE CHANGED BY CONFIRMATION
A9B 10/22/2018 DECADE CHANGED BY CONFIRMATION
Z60 10/16/2018 CONFIRM. ACCESSORY UPDATE
A9B 10/16/2018 DECADE CHANGED BY CONFIRMATION
Z60 10/13/2018 CONFIRM. ACCESSORY UPDATE
A9B 10/13/2018 DECADE CHANGED BY CONFIRMATION

Update
Priority Level : 1
VPC Pickup : NO
Priority Level 1 means the VPC understands that this is a sold car ordered specifically for you, and so they prioritize to ship the thing out to the dealer as soon as possible and ahead of other “inventory” cars with priority status 2 or lower.

Looks like Iike a pretty full build you’ve got there! Here’s what I can suggest:

1) I don’t see inductive wireless charging or wheel locking bolts (you may or may not want those)
2) Just a friendly reminder - your choice of "858" Magma Grey/Black Nappa Leather includes yellow stitching. Is that the configuration you intend? The standard steering wheel associated with this is then L6K, which is partial suede and partial leather with a yellow 12 o'clock marker. You have chosen optional steering wheel L6G, which is all suede with yellow stitching and yellow 12 o'clock marker.
3) You may want the AMG Logo LED Crest Projectors- these are very cool. *If* Mercedes has yet made them available. For my car, it was too early. At the time of my order in July, the order guide showed them on “delayed availability,” and we could not order them.

**Note the pages I have attached are from the dealer ordering guide that was available in August. Be sure to consult with the latest dealer ordering guide, which may or may not have changed. Your sales agent will have it.

Last edited by 348SStb; 12-14-2018 at 07:36 AM.
Old 12-14-2018, 12:00 PM

The amg crest projectors aren't a big deal to add after delivery once they become available.. My SA said they are simple to swap out.
Old 12-14-2018, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by purplewidow
The amg crest projectors aren't a big deal to add after delivery once they become available.. My SA said they are simple to swap out.
That’s not necessarily true. My salesman said they supposedly are working on a retrofit. Cannot swap at this time. I don’t know the truth, but I know these two reports conflict.
Old 12-14-2018, 12:24 PM

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
2019 AMG C63S

Priority Level 1 means the VPC understands that this is a sold car ordered specifically for you, and so they prioritize to ship the thing out to the dealer as soon as possible and ahead of other “inventory” cars with priority status 2 or lower.

Looks like Iike a pretty full build you’ve got there! Here’s what I can suggest:

1) I don’t see inductive wireless charging or wheel locking bolts (you may or may not want those)
2) Just a friendly reminder - your choice of "858" Magma Grey/Black Nappa Leather includes yellow stitching. Is that the configuration you intend? The standard steering wheel associated with this is then L6K, which is partial suede and partial leather with a yellow 12 o'clock marker. You have chosen optional steering wheel L6G, which is all suede with yellow stitching and yellow 12 o'clock marker.
3) You may want the AMG Logo LED Crest Projectors- these are very cool. *If* Mercedes has yet made them available. For my car, it was too early. At the time of my order in July, the order guide showed them on “delayed availability,” and we could not order them.

**Note the pages I have attached are from the dealer ordering guide that was available in August. Be sure to consult with the latest dealer ordering guide, which may or may not have changed. Your sales agent will have it.

Thanks for your detailed replay!!!!

I intentionally didn’t get the wireless charging just because I always use the Apple car play which I have to connect via wire and having wireless charging becomes pointless; unless (if I’m not aware) Apple car play doesn’t require hard wire which I will then add the feature to my built.

I thought when I get 555 AMG Performance Seats, my seats would look like 858+555 as shown in your picture. I’ll have to re-confirm that with my dealer

In regards to AMG Logo LED Crest Projectors, I thought this already comes with 877 64-Color Ambient Lighting Package. I had these on my BMW which was very easy to swap; unless you convince me to have them on my built lol

I have the latest (per my dealer) ordering guide: 09.17.18

I appreciate your opinion and thanks for catching these things out!!!
Old 12-14-2018, 12:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,845 Likes on 2,570 Posts
2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by Ben Khoshabeh
I thought when I get 555 AMG Performance Seats, my seats would look like 858+555 as shown in your picture. I’ll have to re-confirm that with my dealer
Yes, that's how they will look like. I've ordered the same interior and the full DYNAMICA steering wheel (L6G).

Old 12-14-2018, 01:27 PM

That’s not necessarily true. My salesman said they supposedly are working on a retrofit. Cannot swap at this time. I don’t know the truth, but I know these two reports conflict.
Daimler press release states they can replace existing door lights in a matter of minutes.. "Mercedes-Benz partners can assemble the AMG emblem LED projector in just a matter of minutes: just simply replace the factory-installed entrance lighting at the bottom of the front doors."
Old 12-14-2018, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by purplewidow
Daimler press release states they can replace existing door lights in a matter of minutes.. "Mercedes-Benz partners can assemble the AMG emblem LED projector in just a matter of minutes: just simply replace the factory-installed entrance lighting at the bottom of the front doors."
Thank you. Can you please share web page link?
Old 12-14-2018, 01:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2019 AMG C63S Coupe
Originally Posted by benzbell
Good call on that combo. On certain colors the gloss black of the night package looks better than carbon fiber imho. I've noticed sometimes carbon fiber can look muddled on an overcast day. Night package with the gloss black just pops. No matter what the lighting condition. Again, this is all based on personal taste/opinion and different color combos. Big upside is you saved a ton of dough as well.
Mine just got into the dealership. Here it is with the specs I mentioned earlier: designo selenite grey magno, night mode & no carbon fiber

Will post pics of the interior once they finish the pre-delivery inspection.

Old 12-14-2018, 01:38 PM

Thank you. Can you please share web page link?
https://media.daimler.com/marsMediaS...s=3#toRelation
The following users liked this post:
tiledhouse (12-14-2018)
Old 12-14-2018, 05:05 PM

Received 130 Likes on 116 Posts
2019C63S coupe
Originally Posted by tiledhouse

yea. I’ve gone the all Black route with night package & 20/19” Black wheels & the B26 Aero package, on the C63s premium coupe (UK Spec).
currently showing as built (14/11/18) so hopefully with me soon & I’ll post pictures.
Not sure if any have arrived in the UK yet......

There are a handful for sale already in the UK. Mercedes Benz Slough have and S the rest are all base 63's.
tiledhouse (12-14-2018)
Old 12-14-2018, 05:10 PM

Thanks!
tiledhouse (12-15-2018)
Old 12-14-2018, 06:08 PM

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
W205
Many thanks I’ll be in touch with them tomorrow, as we want another in the family.
Old 12-14-2018, 07:13 PM

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts
2019 C63S coupe
Originally Posted by superswiss
Yes, that's how they will look like. I've ordered the same interior and the full DYNAMICA steering wheel (L6G).

Went for the same interior + wheel in full dynamica. Was that vs the CF steering wheel but I was hoping the stitching could be done in yellow to match the seats.
Old 12-15-2018, 01:13 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2019 AMG C63S Coupe
Took possession of mine today in Belmont, California. Here's a short video of the car. I ordered the night package and it apparently comes standard with a spoiler even though the builder tool doesn't indicate that is the case or show you a spoiler in the simulator. So I ended up getting a bonus surprise spoiler and I guess everyone else will too!

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Agyi3cTMdfE0nwoXIy7N5iMIZj3b

Oh and the exhaust inside/outside the car is absolutely grisly. It sounds fantastic and not muted at all. There was definitely not a particle filter on mine.

Enjoy!
The following 2 users liked this post by phodinson:
Beast (12-15-2018), Bsanta01 (12-15-2018)
Old 12-15-2018, 01:33 AM

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts
2019 C63S coupe
Originally Posted by phodinson
Took possession of mine today in Belmont, California. Here's a short video of the car. I ordered the night package and it apparently comes standard with a spoiler even though the builder tool doesn't indicate that is the case or show you a spoiler in the simulator. So I ended up getting a bonus surprise spoiler and I guess everyone else will too!

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Agyi3cTMdfE0nwoXIy7N5iMIZj3b

Oh and the exhaust inside/outside the car is absolutely grisly. It sounds fantastic and not muted at all. There was definitely not a particle filter on mine.

Enjoy!
Congrats!! Looks amazing. Can you record some exhaust videos?
Old 12-15-2018, 05:52 AM

W205
Uga Uga:
I have spoken to new car sales at Slough Mercedes Benz (UK) this morning. Also confirmed by the new car sales manager there. They do not have ANY new 19 MY C63’s of any variant in stock......!
Old 12-15-2018, 07:14 AM

W205
UK Cars arriving.

Saw this for sale in UK @ £84k.
There are 3 Coupe S for sale, including one in Belfast . One black & two grey, but none have the B26 aero kit on. I think this was possibly the quality assure issue delay.

https://mercedes.citnow.com/vtPjFTvXnJL

Interesting comment on the attached video regarding no revving due to the dry sump. I understand the need for regard of a cold engine, but any advice on that comment from the dealer ?

Last edited by tiledhouse; 12-15-2018 at 07:45 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 2019 C63S Deliveries