Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2019 C63S Deliveries

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2019, 02:07 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 373 Likes on 292 Posts
we have one here instock.. but still waiting for one that was produced a month ago... coupes

I also have a c63 S sedan that was built 3weeks ago in Alabama that hasnt left
Old 01-03-2019, 02:16 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2019 C63WS
Originally Posted by susman@eurogermantown.com
we have one here instock.. but still waiting for one that was produced a month ago... coupes

I also have a c63 S sedan that was built 3weeks ago in Alabama that hasnt left
Did they tell you what the hold up bnb is with the sedans? My dealers is telling me it's a "quality assurance program"
Old 01-03-2019, 02:48 PM

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts
2019 C43 AMG COUPE
C63-S - Canada Order

Hi All,

Great forum and information! Had a C43 order cancelled after waiting 4 months as Selenite Grey Magno was discontinued for that model. Decided to move up to the C63-S and go for the dream.

Not as familiar with the C63-S and placing the order below this SAT. If someone could have a quick review that would be greatly appreciated.

I'm a little intimidated by the RWD-V8, since Ottawa is the coldest capital city in the world. Is it completely undrivable in snow (even with Slippery mode)?

MERCEDES-AMG C 63 S COUPE

818 - GRAPHITE GREY MAGNO
MPP - PREMIUM PACKAGE
P60 - AMG NIGHT PACKAGE
MTP - TECHNOLOGY PACKAGE
555 - AMG PERFORMANCE SEAT
‪767 - 19‬"/20" MIXED AMG CROSS-SPOKE FORGED WHEELS, MATTE BLACK
B26 - AMG AERODYNAMICS PACKAGE
L6K - AMG PERFORMANCE STEERING WHEEL IN NAPPA LEATHER/DYNAMICA
858 - MAGMA GREY/BLACK
H84 - AMG MATTE SILVER GLASS FIBRE

Last edited by Carlo Cc; 01-03-2019 at 02:50 PM.
Old 01-03-2019, 02:53 PM

Received 95 Likes on 57 Posts
2017 AMG SL63 _ 19 AMG S65 Cpe _ 23 R8 Spyder Rwd _ 17 911 C2S _ 16 Boxster Spyder _ 01 BMW Z8 etc.
Originally Posted by Carlo Cc
Hi All,

Great forum and information! Had a C43 order cancelled after waiting 4 months as Selenite Grey Magno was discontinued for that model. Decided to move up to the C63-S and go for the dream.

Not as familiar with the C63-S and placing the order below this SAT. If someone could have a quick review that would be greatly appreciated.

I'm a little intimidated by the V8, since Ottawa is the coldest capital city in the world. Is it completely undrivable in snow?

MERCEDES-AMG C 63 S COUPE

818 - GRAPHITE GREY MAGNO
MPP - PREMIUM PACKAGE
P60 - AMG NIGHT PACKAGE
MTP - TECHNOLOGY PACKAGE
555 - AMG PERFORMANCE SEAT
‪767 - 19‬"/20" MIXED AMG CROSS-SPOKE FORGED WHEELS, MATTE BLACK
B26 - AMG AERODYNAMICS PACKAGE
L6K - AMG PERFORMANCE STEERING WHEEL IN NAPPA LEATHER/DYNAMICA
858 - MAGMA GREY/BLACK
H84 - AMG MATTE SILVER GLASS FIBRE
The car is completely undrivable in the snow with performance tires.

If you install winter/snow tires, you will adequately be able to drive in wintry contions. On a scale of 1-5, with the winter tires the car will be a 2 or 2.5; with the performance tires, it will be a zero. If you don’t have another vehicle for winter driving, this vehicle may cause you some headache.

I highly recommend against the silver fiber/ fiberglass interior. I sat in several of those one after another at a dealer that had many 2018s C63S in stock (fiberglasss is the same on 2018-2019 models), and I saw various imperfections in the weaving. It was very bright, and because of the brightness, attention was called to the weave quality.

I would look look at the fiberglass before committing to it.
Old 01-03-2019, 03:26 PM

2019 C43 AMG COUPE
Originally Posted by 348SStb

The car is completely undrivable in the snow with performance tires.

If you install winter/snow tires, you will adequately be able to drive in wintry contions. On a scale of 1-5, with the winter tires the car will be a 2 or 2.5; with the performance tires, it will be a zero. If you don’t have another vehicle for winter driving, this vehicle may cause you some headache.

I highly recommend against the silver fiber/ fiberglass interior. I sat in several of those one after another at a dealer that had many 2018s C63S in stock (fiberglasss is the same on 2018-2019 models), and I saw various imperfections in the weaving. It was very bright, and because of the brightness, attention was called to the weave quality.

I would look look at the fiberglass before committing to it.
Thanks for the quick reply! Have an SUV for the winter, this would only be used in vital second car situations.

Never really gave a second thought to the fibreglass, just found a forum thread on it too. Will definitely sleep on it tonight.

Any advice on deal negotiations?
Old 01-03-2019, 09:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A
Originally Posted by Xec
Turns out the sedans have been released after all...

Two new arrivals at my local dealer today. Blue one looks great!
got tired of waiting for my sedan to be delivered, so I bought the silver one. Love it.

Old 01-03-2019, 10:26 PM
Xec

Received 117 Likes on 89 Posts
IG: @amg.svr
Congrats!!

SA texted me again, still no updates... ��
Old 01-03-2019, 10:44 PM

C63s
Curious about the same issue with winter driving in New Jersey. Car is not a primary, but a friend mentioned that even with winter tires, a car like this will be slipping due to its power even in dry conditions (tires just can't warm up enough). What is everyone's experience with this (NJ area in particular) in winter conditions without snow, just cold out? Any issues with extra slipping? if so, at what speeds ... all?
Old 01-03-2019, 10:51 PM

2017 AMG SL63 _ 19 AMG S65 Cpe _ 23 R8 Spyder Rwd _ 17 911 C2S _ 16 Boxster Spyder _ 01 BMW Z8 etc.
Originally Posted by Bsanta01
Curious about the same issue with winter driving in New Jersey. Car is not a primary, but a friend mentioned that even with winter tires, a car like this will be slipping due to its power even in dry conditions (tires just can't warm up enough). What is everyone's experience with this (NJ area in particular) in winter conditions without snow, just cold out? Any issues with extra slipping? if so, at what speeds ... all?
Fair questions... So, your friend’s advice is incorrect. Winter tires have a very focused rubber compound which is designed to make the tire soft (grippy) in extreme cold conditions. In dry conditions, the car will behave and perform just fine in the winter, assuming excellent quality winter tires.

The winter tires naturally are also designed to perform in the wet and in the snow.

As as far as tires warming up: this car is equipped with temperature sensors which display each tire’s temperature along with air pressure. You’ll be able to monitor temperature. In cars without temperature sensors, the driver monitors temperature by observing tire pressure in the display at level -X- at cold start and later at level -X- plus a few pounds. Typically 2-3 pounds more than cold pressure are what a driver will observe in winter temperatures for tires that have been warmed up.

Whether winter or summer, 15-20 minutes of driving at constant highway speeds is really what you need to bring the tires up to full operating temperature (maximum grip).

The big thing about winter tires is their grip. You need grip to stop the car. They will grip the road and stop the car at temperaturess way below what we even have in NYC area. They will stop the car better than all-season or dare we say summer tires would in sub-45 degree temperatures. At 15 degrees out, the winter tires will still be soft and will stop your vehicle hard right at the stop sign near your home after cold start.

For example: I had a 2016 Porsche 911 GTS, a car with plenty of power and especially for its weight; and I used Pirelli Sottozero winter tires specifically for the intention to drive in the NYC metro area during dry winter conditions (and without prior salting of the roads). The car performed in winter like an ace. Drove it around corners and exit ramps during winter just about the same as I would during the summer. At $300+ average per tire, the quality of the tires returned the investment.

The C63S is not as balanced and behaved as the Porsche 991, so keep that in mind. But the stability control algorithms and capabilities of the C63S don’t take a back seat to those of any other car, so I imagine the C63S with Sottozero tires would be plain awesome in dry winter NYC-metro weather.

I use winter tires also on my Genesis Sedan G80, and the experience is the same. Excellent winter tires are almost like magic.

Last edited by 348SStb; 01-03-2019 at 11:13 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Bsanta01 (01-04-2019)
Old 01-03-2019, 11:10 PM

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
2019 AMG C63S
Hey guys,
Hope this is related to this page (since I'm receiving my 2019 C63s coupe within 1-2 months from now)....

I have my previous Vorsteiner Wheels from my Beemer and I think they look rad, do you think they'll fit the new girl? If so, what tyre size and are there any spacers needed?

20x9.5" Vorsteiner VFF-103 Flow Forged Carbon Graphite Wheel
20x10.5" Vorsteiner VFF-103 Flow Forged Carbon Graphite Wheel

Old 01-03-2019, 11:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,956 Likes on 2,637 Posts
2019 C63CS
Echoing most of the response above. The most crucial part about winter driving is not getting enough traction to move the car, but the ability to steer and stop it, especially in an emergency and that comes down to tires. It doesn't matter which wheels are driven if you can't stop the car in an emergency. This discussion comes up every winter season over on the Audi boards. Most folks think because they have AWD, they are now invincible in the snow and put all-season tires on it instead of winter tires and then end up in a curb somewhere. As for traction to get the car moving, that comes down to putting enough weight on the driven axle and to be soft on the throttle. The 2019 now has a slippery mode, which handles the latter. For the former, the C63/S has a slight disadvantage with being a bit forward biased with the weight, so you can put some sandbags in the trunk if you need to. On the other hand, the extra weight on the front will help with stopping the car. It's the same idea there. The more weight you can get on the front wheels during stopping and cornering on slick surfaces the more traction the tires will have to stop the car and change direction. But again, if you can't stop the car in an emergency, then it's better not to drive in the first place until the roads are clear.
The following users liked this post:
Bsanta01 (01-04-2019)
Old 01-04-2019, 08:27 AM

C63s
348 & Superswiss, many thanks for the excellent feedback. Much appreciated. One quick follow-up, 348 mentioned driving in winter "prior to salting the roads", for clarity is there a particular reason to avoid the salt beyond the obvious (kicking up rock salt chipping paint, making car dirty, salt just not friendly with cars in general). In other words, is the salt impacting tire grip or is this more of just taking care of the vehicle? I would certainly be avoiding driving on salting roads as this is not a daily commuting car for me, but sometimes Mother Nature (and local townships) creep up with winter conditions.
Old 01-04-2019, 08:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 868 Likes on 451 Posts
2023 Urus Performante - 2021 Ferrari Roma - 2017 Ferrari 488 GTB - 2022 GLE 63 S Coupe
I lived in Denver for 20 years and salt is just nasty all the way around. It eats at everything on your car including tires. Salt does not affect tire grip. It's main purpose is to lower the freezing point of water. It is very effective at doing that. Best advice is to drive in it as little as possible. On really bad days: Uber, public transportation, get a beater or call in sick - lol.
Old 01-04-2019, 08:44 AM

348 & Superswiss, many thanks for the excellent feedback. Much appreciated. One quick follow-up, 348 mentioned driving in winter "prior to salting the roads", for clarity is there a particular reason to avoid the salt beyond the obvious (kicking up rock salt chipping paint, making car dirty, salt just not friendly with cars in general). In other words, is the salt impacting tire grip or is this more of just taking care of the vehicle? I would certainly be avoiding driving on salting roads as this is not a daily commuting car for me, but sometimes Mother Nature (and local townships) creep up with winter conditions.
No problem. Salt doesn’t affect the grip. As you said, it is just unfriendly to cars generally and accelerates the corrosion process. I always wait for a good, heavy period of rain to wash away the salt before re-introduction of my precious cars back onto the roadways during winter.
Old 01-04-2019, 01:53 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 C63s AMG
First pics of the new year

Picked mine up the day after X-mas in Honolulu, HI. Currently researching the upgrades I plan on making. Taking it in today for ceramic window tent.
The following 2 users liked this post by karriemfolger:
Mode Carbon (01-24-2019), tiledhouse (01-04-2019)
Old 01-04-2019, 02:30 PM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 C63S Coupe - Graphite Grey Magno
Originally Posted by 348SStb

No problem. Salt doesn’t affect the grip. As you said, it is just unfriendly to cars generally and accelerates the corrosion process. I always wait for a good, heavy period of rain to wash away the salt before re-introduction of my precious cars back onto the roadways during winter.
I have a 2019 s coupe that’s my daily driver. This week we had some freezing rain here so I was REALLY leery about driving this car. It wasn’t an ice storm, so I don’t want exaggerate the conditions, but there were some slick spots in areas. I have to say though, the new Slippery mode is really impressive. It subdues the torque from stop, and similarly on any throttle up/downshift. I never spun or slid at all, on MPSS tires. Gave me a lot of confidence, FWIW.
Old 01-04-2019, 10:38 PM
Xec

Received 117 Likes on 89 Posts
IG: @amg.svr
Update on my sedan, SA said it should arrive by the end of next week
Old 01-04-2019, 10:40 PM

2019 C43 AMG COUPE
Magma Grey Question

Quick question, do you guys think Magma Grey w/ Yellow Stiching interior will match Graphite Grey Magno exterior with Red Brake Calipers?

Just placed the order in Canada today.
Old 01-04-2019, 10:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,956 Likes on 2,637 Posts
2019 C63CS
Quick question, do you guys think Magma Grey w/ Yellow Stiching interior will match Graphite Grey Magno exterior with Red Brake Calipers?

Most certainly does. That's the combo they used on the coupe for the unveil on the Bilster Berg in Germany. You'll find tons of pictures of this combo online if you look for reviews. Only difference that coupe had the ceramic brakes, so the calipers were yellow, but it's a different yellow from the interior accent. The exterior already has red accents from the rear lights, so that matches the calipers and then the interior has yellow accents. I do wish exact yellow color calipers were an option, though. I ordered Black/Magma Grey w/ Yellow Sticking and Obsidian Black exterior. Keep in mind the Magno colors can cause delays. Somebody actually received their car painted black after ordering Magno something, because there were issues with the color and MB just decided to paint it black instead.
Old 01-04-2019, 11:49 PM

Received 86 Likes on 57 Posts
c63s

carlo, just curious... was your sales person actually able to submit the order in netstar today? Or did you just place the order from your end? I’m just curious since the Magno paints seem to all be delayed worldwide.
Old 01-05-2019, 01:09 AM

2019 C43 AMG COUPE
Originally Posted by superswiss
Most certainly does. That's the combo they used on the coupe for the unveil on the Bilster Berg in Germany. You'll find tons of pictures of this combo online if you look for reviews. Only difference that coupe had the ceramic brakes, so the calipers were yellow, but it's a different yellow from the interior accent. The exterior already has red accents from the rear lights, so that matches the calipers and then the interior has yellow accents. I do wish exact yellow color calipers were an option, though. I ordered Black/Magma Grey w/ Yellow Sticking and Obsidian Black exterior. Keep in mind the Magno colors can cause delays. Somebody actually received their car painted black after ordering Magno something, because there were issues with the color and MB just decided to paint it black instead.
Oh great, yes seeing more of this combination online. I actually had a C43 order cancelled because Selenite Grey Magno was discontinued for that model. Hopefully no issues with the C63.
Old 01-05-2019, 01:17 AM

2019 C43 AMG COUPE
Originally Posted by mrguitar

carlo, just curious... was your sales person actually able to submit the order in netstar today? Or did you just place the order from your end? I’m just curious since the Magno paints seem to all be delayed worldwide.
The dealership is trying to locate an available manufactured vehicle with the exact same specs first. And they'll only submit a new build order if nothing materializes. Seen a picture of a Graphite Grey Magno delivery earlier in this thread, hopefully this specific colour isn't impacted by the issue.
Old 01-05-2019, 02:00 AM

Received 86 Likes on 57 Posts
c63s
The dealership is trying to locate an available manufactured vehicle with the exact same specs first. And they'll only submit a new build order if nothing materializes. Seen a picture of a Graphite Grey Magno delivery earlier in this thread, hopefully this specific colour isn't impacted by the issue.
ok cool. Pls keep us posted. My understanding is that all magno paints are un-orderable right now...not sure if it’s been resolved yet, as of a couple weeks ago.
Old 01-05-2019, 09:09 AM

Received 89 Likes on 63 Posts
2019 c63s coupe, 2008 s63 sedan, 2007 335i coupe
Oh great, yes seeing more of this combination online. I actually had a C43 order cancelled because Selenite Grey Magno was discontinued for that model. Hopefully no issues with the C63.
crazy I just saw a 2019 c43 coupe in selenite magno at a dealer in the burbs of Chicago about a month ago. Had the digital dash I played with for about 20-30 mins.

only news on my c63s coupe in metallic selenite is it is scheduled for the first decade of February.. if all goes well early-mid March she should be here!!!
Old 01-05-2019, 10:02 PM

2019 C43 AMG COUPE
Originally Posted by phodinson
Took possession of mine today in Belmont, California. Here's a short video of the car. I ordered the night package and it apparently comes standard with a spoiler even though the builder tool doesn't indicate that is the case or show you a spoiler in the simulator. So I ended up getting a bonus surprise spoiler and I guess everyone else will too!

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Agyi3cTMdfE0nwoXIy7N5iMIZj3b

Oh and the exhaust inside/outside the car is absolutely grisly. It sounds fantastic and not muted at all. There was definitely not a particle filter on mine.

Enjoy!
This was a video from earlier in this thread of a Selenite Grey Magno C63 S.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 2019 C63S Deliveries