Sponsored by:

2019 C63S Deliveries

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2019, 04:06 PM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
C63S AMG
Originally Posted by David w
Had a call from dealer today to say my car left the factory yesterday evening and on route to the uk, should be here within a week or so , ordered mid November so glad its now on the way!!!

C63 diamond white ordered with;

Driver assistance package
Aero package
Night package
Premium plus package
19/20 Matt black alloys
Nappa black leather / dashboard in artico
Carbon package exterior ii
Trim parts in carbon
Performance seats

Interesting!. Please keep us posted as this appears to conflict what is happening to the rest of us in the UK
Old 03-17-2019, 04:27 PM

Received 130 Likes on 116 Posts
2019C63S coupe
I’m getting more confused now.
Mr. AMG’s C63S has arrived in the UK according to his post on Instagram
So the cars are arriving. Maybe there is a backlog.
Wishful thinking on my part perhaps.

Last edited by Uga Uga; 03-17-2019 at 04:56 PM.
Old 03-17-2019, 04:46 PM

C63S AMG
Originally Posted by Uga Uga
I’m getting more confused now.
Mr. AMG’s C63S has arrived in the UK according to his post on Facebook.
So the cars are arriving. Maybe there is a backlog.
Wishful thinking on my part perhaps.
Actually p*ssing me off now to be honest hearing this. And yes his friend has also picked up his! Same dealer I'm getting mine from too!
Old 03-17-2019, 04:57 PM

2019C63S coupe
O wow. Now I get you. Keep pestering them.
Old 03-18-2019, 10:22 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
c63s
Arrived on 2/12/19

The following users liked this post:
purplewidow (03-18-2019)
Old 03-18-2019, 10:29 AM

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts
2019 C63S Selenite Grey, 2018 911 Turbo, Guards Red
Looks great. Keep us up to date on how it runs and the overall build quality.
Old 03-18-2019, 04:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 19 ordered
I ordered mine (magno grey coupe) mid November and I have not heard anything from my dealer other than it was supposed to be being built and now that there is a delay and he has no information about the delay, Should I not at least have some dates or a confirmation or something? First time I've ordered a new factory car and everybody says something different. (UK based), also heard some scaremongering that there could be a 10% levy under no deal brexit conditions...
Old 03-18-2019, 04:07 PM

Received 86 Likes on 57 Posts
c63s
Originally Posted by joeskow
Arrived on 2/12/19

awesome color combo...i ordered black/red interior too. it looks great!
Old 03-18-2019, 04:09 PM

Received 89 Likes on 63 Posts
2019 c63s coupe, 2008 s63 sedan, 2007 335i coupe
Originally Posted by DidierD
I ordered mine (magno grey coupe) mid November and I have not heard anything from my dealer other than it was supposed to be being built and now that there is a delay and he has no information about the delay, Should I not at least have some dates or a confirmation or something? First time I've ordered a new factory car and everybody says something different. (UK based), also heard some scaremongering that there could be a 10% levy under no deal brexit conditions...
I would ask for a pic of the current netstar status from your service adviser.
DidierD (03-18-2019)
Old 03-18-2019, 04:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,695 Likes on 2,464 Posts
2019 C63CS
If the order is in the system, you should have at least a PO# and there should be some kind of status and probably projected build dates. The system Mercedes uses is called NETSTAR. Ask your dealer for a printout at least and the current status of the order. Ultimately, it's the factory that has to accept the order, schedule it etc. The dealer can't really do much. Brexit definitely will have some impact if the UK crashes out w/o a deal at the end of next week. I wouldn't necessarily be surprised if Mercedes is waiting to see what's gonna happen at the end of this month before moving forward with producing UK cars and risking that a bunch of orders might get cancelled. We have somewhat of a similar situation here with Trump threatening tariffs on German imports.
DidierD (03-18-2019)
Old 03-18-2019, 04:54 PM

C63 19 ordered
Originally Posted by superswiss
If the order is in the system, you should have at least a PO# and there should be some kind of status and probably projected build dates. The system Mercedes uses is called NETSTAR. Ask your dealer for a printout at least and the current status of the order. Ultimately, it's the factory that has to accept the order, schedule it etc. The dealer can't really do much. Brexit definitely will have some impact if the UK crashes out w/o a deal at the end of next week. I wouldn't necessarily be surprised if Mercedes is waiting to see what's gonna happen at the end of this month before moving forward with producing UK cars and risking that a bunch of orders might get cancelled. We have somewhat of a similar situation here with Trump threatening tariffs on German imports.
Thanks, I'll give it a go. I have heard of Netstar but some have said it's only in the US, either way I will call tomorrow. The not knowing is killing me and I might end up moving countries soon anyway and Im honestly starting to have doubts.
Old 03-18-2019, 05:00 PM

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts
2019 C63S Selenite Grey, 2018 911 Turbo, Guards Red
Thanks, I'll give it a go. I have heard of Netstar but some have said it's only in the US, either way I will call tomorrow. The not knowing is killing me and I might end up moving countries soon anyway and Im honestly starting to have doubts.
Sorry to hear that this is taking so long. I'm USA based. I placed my order Jan, 29, and I just was notified by my SA that my car should go into production next week. So, this is either a UK (Brexit) issue, or a RHD QA based issue. Hope this gets resolved quickly for you.
Old 03-18-2019, 05:04 PM

C63 19 ordered
Unhappy

Originally Posted by Sullicc4
Sorry to hear that this is taking so long. I'm USA based. I placed my order Jan, 29, and I just was notified by my SA that my car should go into production next week. So, this is either a UK (Brexit) issue, or a RHD QA based issue. Hope this gets resolved quickly for you.
Thanks appreciate it! I also got a really good deal for the car so not sure if that's affecting the attentiveness of the salesman
Old 03-18-2019, 06:11 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
2014 CLA45 AMG, 2019 C63 S Coupe
I just got an update from my dealer that mine is on the boat! Anyone know the usually timeframe for getting on the boat and arriving at the dealer? I'm located in Vancouver Canada
Old 03-18-2019, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Soubido
I just got an update from my dealer that mine is on the boat! Anyone know the usually timeframe for getting on the boat and arriving at the dealer? I'm located in Vancouver Canada
usually 4-5 weeks for the midwest in the US where i am.. when was yours built?
Old 03-18-2019, 06:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,695 Likes on 2,464 Posts
2019 C63CS
I would guess about 8-10 weeks once it's on the boat. It's 6-8 weeks to the US West Coast, but they unload in SoCal (Los Angeles). For you the boat has to get up to Canada first. Customs and VPC can take several weeks worst case, depending on many factors. If the car sustains damage during transport it will have to be repaired first. FWIW, I just went over the shipping language again the other day for my European Delivery. This gives you an idea. So they say up to 13 weeks to the US West Coast from leaving the factory or in my case drop off at one of their locations in Germany. I would say add at least 1 week for the extra travel time of the boat to get to your port further north.

East Coast will take approximately 11 weeks and to the West Coast approximately 13 weeks before the vehicle
arrives at the dealership. If your vehicle is dropped off outside of Germany, please allow an additional three weeks
return shipment time. This also means that once your vehicle is at the port in the States, and you have received
the email from our forwarder, IFF, that your vehicle has cleared Customs, you must please allow at least
another 5-6 weeks until it arrives at the dealership.
Port in Bremerhaven: Your vehicle will remain at the port in Germany as the ship prepares to load your vehicle and
the other vehicles booked for this ocean transport. Each ship can carry up to thousands of vehicles. Please expect
a few weeks for this to take place before the ship sets sail for your destination.
Once the vehicle arrives at one of our ports of entry (Baltimore, Brunswick or Los Angeles), it is customs cleared as
a privately owned car. This process may take up to a week (or more if there is an intensive exam by Customs). After
customs clearance, the vehicle is conveyed to the Mercedes-Benz Vehicle Preparation Center (VPC), to go through a
comprehensive quality control check. It is evaluated for any damages that might have occurred while traveling in
Europe or in transit. These procedures require an average of 10 to 20 business days. However there are situations
where the delivery of your vehicle to dealership may take more time, subject to evaluation on a case by case basis.
Transportation time to delivering dealership may vary depending on dealership’s location. Please check with your
dealership who can advise you when it will be ready for delivery at the dealership.

Last edited by superswiss; 03-18-2019 at 06:48 PM.
Soubido (03-18-2019)
Old 03-18-2019, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by purplewidow
usually 4-5 weeks for the midwest in the US where i am.. when was yours built?
Mine was built in February. Seems like still a long wait until I get mine
Old 03-18-2019, 06:59 PM

Mine was built in February. Seems like still a long wait until I get mine
Thanks!! Yeah I didn't see you were on the west coast.. So Swiss has a more accurate timeline. Mine was built feb 11th still waiting for a boat.. Haven't heard anything in about a week. Just from personal experience and a bunch of SA's at my dealer it's usually 4 weeks from when the ship sails till cars arrive at my dealer in Chicagoland.. I can't see it being much more than 2-3 weeks more for you.
Soubido (03-18-2019)
Old 03-18-2019, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by purplewidow
Thanks!! Yeah I didn't see you were on the west coast.. So Swiss has a more accurate timeline. Mine was built feb 11th still waiting for a boat.. Haven't heard anything in about a week. Just from personal experience and a bunch of SA's at my dealer it's usually 4 weeks from when the ship sails till cars arrive at my dealer in Chicagoland.. I can't see it being much more than 2-3 weeks more for you.
Thanks! The wait is killing me!!
Old 03-18-2019, 07:23 PM

2019C63S coupe
HI DIdier.

The UK ordering system if I recall correctly is called oasis. Ask your dealer if they have a VIN for you.

There seems to be a problem with Magno paint again. Cars are arriving n the UK, however,
they seem to be orders placed much earlier. so I'm not sure about the brexit issue.

As mentioned by DR63AMG the factory are not releasing any information.

A reliable source (MB salesperson) who has 3 Magno cars on order since November, says that the next allocation for Magno is in June.

Last edited by Uga Uga; 03-18-2019 at 07:29 PM.
Old 03-19-2019, 03:22 AM

C63S AMG
HI DIdier.

The UK ordering system if I recall correctly is called oasis. Ask your dealer if they have a VIN for you.

There seems to be a problem with Magno paint again. Cars are arriving n the UK, however,
they seem to be orders placed much earlier. so I'm not sure about the brexit issue.

A reliable source (MB salesperson) who has 3 Magno cars on order since November, says that the next allocation for Magno is in June.
My dealer said 3 of the other cars they have sold are on indefinite hold and will get back to me about the cause lol.

MBUK confirmed after a very angry email from myself, that cars are still being sent out as production has to continue, but the QC still takes place on those sitting there.

Just want the car, get it detailed and enjoy it!
Old 03-19-2019, 08:17 AM

2019C63S coupe
Originally Posted by DR63AMG
My dealer said 3 of the other cars they have sold are on indefinite hold and will get back to me about the cause lol.

MBUK confirmed after a very angry email from myself, that cars are still being sent out as production has to continue, but the QC still takes place on those sitting there.

Just want the car, get it detailed and enjoy it!
MB UK got back to me today. Indefinite hold due to quality control checks.

What exacly are they checking? Stripping the cars down and rebuilding them.
Old 03-19-2019, 09:27 AM

C63S AMG
MB UK got back to me today. Indefinite hold due to quality control checks.

What exacly are they checking? Stripping the cars down and rebuilding them.
I guess its like any other manufacturing process, therefore one can argue it is a good thing. The only problem is, it has happened right before our cars were meant to be sent out.
Old 03-19-2019, 11:12 AM

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts
2019 C43 AMG COUPE
Magno Order

HI DIdier.

Graphite Grey Magno order placed from Ottawa, Canada in JAN 2019. SA confirmed vehicle was produced with VIN and is in departing factory for shipping status.
Uga Uga (03-19-2019)
Old 03-19-2019, 01:46 PM

C63S AMG
The "location" of my car has changed from "factory" to "ex-factory" no idea what this means

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 2019 C63S Deliveries