Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Feature? "Emotion Start"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2019, 02:06 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
AMG C63S
Seems like this thread is a little older but I was reading the new 2019 user manual and the emotional start was interesting,but don’t know why it’s any different than a normal startup.

For my 2016 C63S, after I did the recent ECU update my car always cold starts every time I start the car regardless of whether the engine is cool or if I were to start the car 20 min after I turned it off. The only time it doesn’t do it if I don’t start the car for 4 days or longer, then the car starts and idles at 800rpm from the start.

Anyone else experience the same or is there something wrong with my car?
Old 06-21-2019, 04:21 AM
Xec

Received 117 Likes on 89 Posts
IG: @amg.svr
Originally Posted by superstarR
Seems like this thread is a little older but I was reading the new 2019 user manual and the emotional start was interesting,but don’t know why it’s any different than a normal startup.

For my 2016 C63S, after I did the recent ECU update my car always cold starts every time I start the car regardless of whether the engine is cool or if I were to start the car 20 min after I turned it off. The only time it doesn’t do it if I don’t start the car for 4 days or longer, then the car starts and idles at 800rpm from the start.

Anyone else experience the same or is there something wrong with my car?
Emotion Start isn’t cold start. Emotion Start in the 19’s revs the engine to 2.5K on the initial startup. It plays no role if the car cold starts or not.
Old 06-21-2019, 12:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 c63s, 1989 Porsche 928. 2008 c63 - sold, 1986 Porsche 951 - sold.
Too emotional ?

This topic seems to stir strong emotions. Here it is the way I see it: My previous car was 2008 c 63 amg. Cold or lukewarm start always produced a pronounced "bark" - this was the normal way of getting the engine started - the ECU enriched the fuel mixture and increased RPMs for a few seconds during cold starts. It was quite entertaining - without the turbos the sound was clean and loud, not unlike heavy machine gun. Sometimes I found myself lowering windows prior to starting my car in the garage - the sound could make a fully grown man to giggle and at the same time scare the elderly and young children. This was the only way to start a cold car and sometimes I felt sorry for waking up my neighbors if I had to go somewhere late at night. For many people the exhaust note was part of AMG experience - pure personal choice - if you want a fast quiet car you can get a Tesla. Anyhow one of the concerns with the new turbocharged engine was that the original aural experience could be lost due to muffling effect of the turbos. - It indeed happened - the exhaust is still loud but lower in frequency, not as clean and "exotic:" sounding like in the previous N/A engine version. The "emotion" start is therefore a way to appeal to those owners who miss some of the previous AMG experience and at the end is your choice if you want to pull the paddle. Unfortunately it is available only on the latest model C63amg like another cool feature - RACE START.