C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New owner, couple questions for new upgrades!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2019, 08:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2018 C63S
Question New owner, couple questions for new upgrades!

Hey guys, I recently bought a 2018 C63S a week or two ago: https://imgur.com/a/RUYNBfK

Have a couple questions regarding upgrades.
1) Does the OBDII lowering module actually work to lower my ride up to 32mm? I've seen discussion on it, but it seems too easy. Also, does it need to stay in the OBDII port, or is it a set and forget?
2) Which is the best ecu tune? I've seen RENNtech ($2,980) for +66 HP/ +107TQ and the Velos Design Works Sponsor here that's +109HP and +141TQ (price unknown?). Are these reliable power sources that can be left in the car, or do we need to switch back and forth between factory tune and upgrade?
3) Are there Carbon Fiber Hood/Hatch options anywhere? I can't find any.

Thanks for your help, I appreciate the answers.
Old 02-24-2019, 04:13 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
C63 Amg coupe 2018
Originally Posted by JBV8TT
Hey guys, I recently bought a 2018 C63S a week or two ago: https://imgur.com/a/RUYNBfK

1) Does the OBDII lowering module actually work to lower my ride up to 32mm? I've seen discussion on it, but it seems too easy. Also, does it need to stay in the OBDII port, or is it a set and forget?
2) Which is the best ecu tune? I've seen RENNtech ($2,980) for +66 HP/ +107TQ and the Velos Design Works Sponsor here that's +109HP and +141TQ (price unknown?). Are these reliable power sources that can be left in the car, or do we need to switch back and forth between factory tune and upgrade?

Well idk about the lowering module. However i can speak on a tune. Yes you can reliably run a tune I'm at 5700 miles and had my tune since break in no problems no lights I used OE tunings tune. If you want the best of both worlds get the dinan tune. You won't notice the difference between a tune and the dinan piggyback. Renntech is overpriced IMO when you can get the same power from most reputable tuners for half the price mine was $1500. I can promise you I saved $1,500 for the same power. Unless you want downpipes i wouldn't go Renntech the advantage they do have is there own DP that looks great. Make sure you get good tires if you tune the car because the amount of wheelspin is annoying on the stocks. Good luck!

Last edited by Jaydavid93; 02-24-2019 at 04:17 PM.
Old 02-26-2019, 09:45 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 77 Likes on 73 Posts
Mercedes C63S AMG (W205)
Originally Posted by JBV8TT

Congrats on the new car! "Best" will be subjective to each person but if you have any questions feel free to PM me.
Old 02-26-2019, 10:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 605 Likes on 345 Posts
19 E63s, 23 M3 compX, B9 SQ5
W205 C63s don't have airmatic suspension, so a lowering module isn't going to lower your car. You will need lowering springs (KW HAS or H&R).
Old 03-02-2019, 09:01 AM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts
2015 S550
First, congrats and that car is gorgeous! Very nice! Love the color.

Second, I don't know much about the mods, but will tell you that I personally inquired with my mercedes dealer about doing a renntech ECU mod as I was told by someone that MB endorses Renntech. Well, I spoke to the GM at the dealer who phoned MB personally for me. He said any ECU tune can easily be detected by the inhouse diagnostic computers and can void your warranty. He told me unless you don't care about money, don't do it. He said if the ECU tune was to damage the engine, a new AMG engine in our cars is $45k + labor. It's risky, but up to you.....just FYI.