Sponsored by:

Mod horsepowe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2019 | 02:31 PM

2017 Mercedes C63S Coupe
Mod horsepowe

Hello guys,

I知 thinking to do some mods, but I知 wondering how to calculate the hp after the mod. If a exhaust system claims to increase 15 hoursepower and a cai claims to increase 10, is it correct to say my car has whatever hp it has originally plus 25 hp?

thanks!
Old 02-27-2019 | 06:47 PM

2016 C63S
The only way to really tell is to get it on a dyno and figured out. I wouldnt necessarily just add the figures together either, since one or two small changes are unlikely to make a significant difference. Added together a combination of things and you might get close to the claims. For example, cold air intakes are often oversold for HP gains, when in reality it does potentially mean more (and possibly cooler) air going into the engine, the benefits only really come when you get more air out, such as a header / exhaust change. Squeezing more in and not changing anything will make any changes marginal at best.

And someone can fill in the detail though, but I dont believe that AMG's in general have restrictive air intakes. They look pretty big, away from the engine and effective as standard. Dont think that a swap will make much difference, and given the heat the engine kicks out, I would be VERY cautious about swapping them out. Under hood temps get high and unless its carefully planned and managed, you might even lose power due to it.
Old 03-05-2019 | 11:32 PM

2017 Mercedes C63S Coupe
Thanks for the detailed explaination! Well, in this case I think I will just not do any mod on the air intake as of now since I don稚 have complete knowable about it. Will go for aftermarket exhaust system first which can稚 go wrong
Thanks again for the input! It痴 much much appreciated!

Originally Posted by offagain
The only way to really tell is to get it on a dyno and figured out. I wouldnt necessarily just add the figures together either, since one or two small changes are unlikely to make a significant difference. Added together a combination of things and you might get close to the claims. For example, cold air intakes are often oversold for HP gains, when in reality it does potentially mean more (and possibly cooler) air going into the engine, the benefits only really come when you get more air out, such as a header / exhaust change. Squeezing more in and not changing anything will make any changes marginal at best.

And someone can fill in the detail though, but I dont believe that AMG's in general have restrictive air intakes. They look pretty big, away from the engine and effective as standard. Dont think that a swap will make much difference, and given the heat the engine kicks out, I would be VERY cautious about swapping them out. Under hood temps get high and unless its carefully planned and managed, you might even lose power due to it.
Old 02-15-2021 | 09:33 PM

2014 cls 550
wrong thread

Last edited by Jbond2099; 02-16-2021 at 10:13 AM. Reason: wrong thread
Old 02-10-2023 | 10:46 PM

cls550
Custom painted M278/M157 air boxes w/ new Weistec filters

Old 02-10-2023 | 10:57 PM

cls550
I custom painted a set of M278 air boxes & center fitted with brand new Weistec air filters the color matches Mercedes’ arctic white let me know if interested make me an offer if you like them. I have a set of AMG air boxes (M157) that I’m going to do next so let me know if anyone wants them. slimzarmy@gmail.com
Old 02-10-2023 | 11:26 PM

cls550
Intake & center

Here another pic of car and engine.

What do you guys think, look good or I知 tweaking?
The following users liked this post:
MaverickC43 (02-12-2023)