Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2019, 07:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG s 2019 Cabriolet
New C63 AMG S Cabriolet

Hi,

Brand new poster here.

Picked up a 2019 C63 AMG S Cabriolet last week (March 1st)!

I have some issues unfortunately relating to the handling.

Upon first drive, it felt like run flat tyres were fitted (they are not). I was continually having to adjust the steering, I could not go round any bend without constant adjustment, on motorways it tends to twitch alot which again means I am having to readjust all the time. In addition, the tyre temperatures and pressures vary greatly. As an example, from cold they are the same. when warmed up, the front right is at least 10 degrees hotter than the others and the tyre pressure on front right is at least 10 psi higher also (than the front left). It appears the other tyres vary a bit but not as much as the front right.

The main dealer has taken it back today for a check. But it would be really useful if other C63 AMG owners could give me the heads up as to how their cars handle and if their tyre temps do the same as mine? It is hard to completely explain the sensation driving but it does not feel like a planted 85K car, it feels I suppose as if it has really thin tyres on what are simply wandering and not up to the job!

Thanks you in advance for any replies and on a whole, I love the car but am massively disappointed if this is how an AMG handles! I doubt this is the norm as from all the reviews I read prior to purchasing the handling came out top in most reviews.

Last edited by Richard Howlett; 03-07-2019 at 08:12 AM. Reason: spelling errors
Old 03-07-2019, 08:37 AM

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts
‘17 GT F1A E85 Monster ‘16 C63s
Sounds like the alignment is off which would cause a light wondering sensation when driving. If the front is getting that much hotter I would guess that wheel is way out of spec (toe in) and scrubbing which is causing the larger temp variance.
Old 03-07-2019, 08:47 AM

C63 AMG s 2019 Cabriolet
Thank you for your reply... would be interested to hear from other AMG owners as to how their cars handle generally and if I am just being ultra sensitive! I will post agains when the dealer has responded to me with their diagnosis. Something in me just thinks they will try to fob me off. I have asked to drive their demonstrator as a comparable
Old 03-07-2019, 10:34 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 373 Likes on 292 Posts
what are the ouside temps where your at
Old 03-08-2019, 07:36 AM

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts
2015 C63S AMG
Make sure all tires are at similar tread depths. If they replaced one or two tires the stability control could be kicking in.
Old 03-08-2019, 11:58 AM

2019 C63 coupe
10 degree and 10 psi higher? I guess that's 10 degree Celsius? My car has the same "problem", the front right is always hotter than the rest when driving for a while, but not by much, the most I got was 20 degree Fahrenheit. I asked about this to the dealership, they basically responded like its a new thing they have no idea and its also not higher by much, so they didn't take it seriously. But 10 Celsius is a lot that should be a problem.