2019 S Cabriolet

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2019, 06:34 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
M3
2019 S Cabriolet

Hi guys,

i am looking to purchase a facelift C63S convertible.

I normally join the forum after purchasing so this is a first.

I sold my wonderful M3 last year and moved up to a new F Type R. It looked and sounded fantastic but that’s where the good news ends. Panel and roof fit was terrible and I ended up rejecting the vehicle and got a full refund. Shame but hey.

So it’s German cars for me. I recently test drove a convertible and my partner and I loved it. Great sound, lovely interior and so much more practical than the Jag for weekends away, etc.

I also noticed that the F Type forums comprised very few members and those that contributed were largely unhelpful or even unpleasant. Nothing like the brilliant M3 forums. I’m certain that this one will be more like the M3 guys.

So I’ve decided to spend a bit less than I did on the Jag and possibly get a slightly used 2019 63S as and when a few more appear. My question is are there any points to look out for with a used one? I’m hoping they don’t rattle. In the unlikely event that I find one with the satin paint would that be a terrible idea?

Thanks for your advice.

Last edited by markjord; 04-11-2019 at 08:58 AM.
Old 04-11-2019, 02:22 PM

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts
2018 C63SA Cabriolet
Regarding Designo Magno matte paint, I've had 3 Mercedes since 2015 all of which had Designo Magno matte paint and I swear by the finish! I wouldn't own a shiny car again now that I see how easy it is to maintain matte paint. Well, "easy" is a relative term: it is easy to wash using special shampoo and even easier to dry because the matte finish doesn't show streaks and hard water stains; but you can't just run it through a car wash because the waxes that are used will fill in the tiny pores of the finish and change it from matte to shiny, so only no-residue shampoo should be used.

If you get dinged, that's a whole different story because such finishes are a ***** to match and you end up having to repaint very large sections in order to match.

I've owned a 2015 CLS63S in Designo Magno Allanite Grey which was my favorite because it looks like brushed metal and not like paint and doesn't show water spots or dirt. The only way I knew my car was dirty was if I brushed up against it or by looking at the glass or chrome because the paint color and finish completely hides the dirt. Amazing. I then had a 2018 C63S Coupe in Designo Selenite Grey Magno which is darker and shows dirt more but that car got totaled in an accident and now I have a 2018 C63S Cabriolet in Cashmere White Designo Magno which looks and feels like velvet. I love this paint!

So, don't be scared off by claims that matte paints are hard to care for because that's all nonsense. If you like the look, then go for it if you find it. My current car was acquired as a 950-mile CPO car last December so I got the benefit of the first owner's depreciation and got a rare special edition model purely by luck. Maybe you'll have such luck.

Welcome to the forum!
Old 04-11-2019, 02:30 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
M3
Thanks very much for that insight. See, I knew I’d find great help on here!

Yes, after a few years with my gloss black E92 M3 I wrapped it in 3M matte metallic blue and it looked 1000 times better. And it was easy to keep clean. So I really like that kind of look. I was just concerned really about the repainting cost.

Why not, I’ll take a chance on it. Thanks.
Old 04-11-2019, 10:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 149 Likes on 123 Posts
C63s Cabriolet, BMW M4, Civic
I passed up on the Matte white at. first after I read all the negative comments. I’m so glad I bought the car. It so easy to take care.

Last edited by Klinh; 04-12-2019 at 12:55 AM.