Help needed with an exhaust issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2019, 12:38 PM

Received 148 Likes on 112 Posts
2017 C63S Coupe
Help needed with an exhaust issue

Hello,

hopefully someone can solve this dilemma for me.

I have a 2017 C63S coupe with the performance exhaust and want to replace the mid H pipe valve.

instead of buying the full setup from the dealer, does anyone know if the mid H section from a 2015 C63s without the performance exhaust would work?

my understanding is that the only difference between the two is the rear mufflers and that the mid H pipe is the same.

if I was to buy this and plug in the harness to the H valve from the 2015 sedan, would the system recognize it and thus would the valve function as it would stock? Thanks.
Old 04-12-2019, 01:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 283 Likes on 194 Posts
2021 Mercedes C63s AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by untamedd
Hello,

hopefully someone can solve this dilemma for me.

I have a 2017 C63S coupe with the performance exhaust and want to replace the mid H pipe valve.

instead of buying the full setup from the dealer, does anyone know if the mid H section from a 2015 C63s without the performance exhaust would work?

my understanding is that the only difference between the two is the rear mufflers and that the mid H pipe is the same.

if I was to buy this and plug in the harness to the H valve from the 2015 sedan, would the system recognize it and thus would the valve function as it would stock? Thanks.
If the non PE version does have valve in its H pipe, there is not reason why it should not be functionally identical to the non PE version.