C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulled Trigger On Eurocharged C63 AMG Tune!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2019, 05:18 AM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
2016 C63S, 2012 ML350
For the 60-130, slow to around 30-40 & hit it up through 130 in either sport + or race mode. If you have a save place to stop, do it from a stop right up to 160, that way it will also measure your 1/2 mile speed.

My Dragy numbers...

60-130
Stock, 9.84 to 10.02
Tuned, 8.26 to 8.40

1/2 mile
Stock, 145-146
Tuned, 153-155

I have a competitors OBDII tune, secondary cat delete & low profile performance air filters

Last edited by crazy1eye; 07-13-2019 at 06:09 AM.
The following users liked this post:
TexasBenzBandit (07-14-2019)
Old 07-13-2019, 08:50 AM

Received 91 Likes on 68 Posts
'15 C63S
When you do this, could you also do a run where you short shift it at a lower RPM than redline? Say 6K or 6.5K instead of redline?

Power peak on a tune only car is pretty early. It's around 5.3K RPM on the Eurocharged tune is memory serves me correctly, compared to the 7K redline. I've always wondered what difference, if any, it makes keeping the engine out of that higher RPM where it's struggling to make power.

Last edited by msd3075; 07-13-2019 at 11:29 AM.
Old 07-13-2019, 10:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 178 Likes on 143 Posts
Mercedes-Benz E63s AMG
Originally Posted by msd3075
When you do this, ciukd you also do a run where you short shift it at a lower RPM than redline? Say 6K or 6.5K instead of redline?
This. I may go ahead and just get my own dragy... They're pretty dirt cheap, might as well LOL
Old 07-14-2019, 03:15 AM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
2017 AMG C63, 2001 C5 Corvette
Get a Dragy. Why Not? Still not sure why my mph was off by 1 MPH? I guess that’s close enough. I never was able to find any discounts, $149 is the going rate.
I did get Lucky and found a Dragy on eBay for $141.55, but they only had 1.

I haven’t had a chance to do too many WOT runs with the new Tune where I was paying close attention. It’s so damn HOT out and I’m sure my numbers will be better when it’s Colder Out.

Interesting on the lowered RPM Peak Power Range. I never thought if that and haven’t noticed this but will start to pay attention. So you’re saying the tune shifts the peak power? Instead of Peak Power @7,000 rpm’s, the Extra Power of the Tune makes Power comes on Quicker so the Peak rpm happens soone? How do you KNOW what rpm Peak Power happens just by driving the car? Do you mean the car’s Shift Points?

Looking for a good windshield mount for my iPhone so I can video some my various performance runs and do the Dragy overlay.

When I was messing with the Dragy, not performance runs but just making sure it worked, I wedged it in the cup holder. It fit perfect but it may work better with a better line of sight?

I’m not planning on doing any other performance mods while under warranty, but would love more power. Not sure what’s the next Logical Mod to Do? Downpipes?
I heard DP’s don’t give you that much gain especially for the pain in the *** of install, or having to cut your stock do’s out.

It may be a little while. I’m waiting for my Tune and Jerry is in vacation.

Last edited by TexasBenzBandit; 07-14-2019 at 03:18 AM.
Old 07-14-2019, 07:01 AM

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts
‘17 GT F1A E85 Monster ‘16 C63s
The little stock turbos run out of steam up top as they get outside the compressor efficiency range. I would think eurocharged would set shift points for optimum powerband, but I haven’t paid much attention nor have had it on a dyno. By shifting at a lower rpm it will keep you in the meat of the powerband thus having the quickest/fastest acceleration. You can get close by looking at other dyno graphs, but would really need get on a dyno to see when trq/hp begins to fall off and that’s where you would want to shift.
Old 07-14-2019, 08:57 PM

Thanks for sharing. I Hope I get my Tunes emailed Monday. I’m in the stock Tune now.

I still have 2 of my tunes on my PC that work fine, but 2 wasn’t loading. I was told to put stock Tune back on my car,and delete any tunes from MyGenius.

Jerry at EC will email me back my updated tunes, but he’s on vacation. However, he sent my Tune last time he was on vacation so I bet I get it tomorrow, Monday.
Old 07-15-2019, 01:51 AM

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
2019 C63 s
They won't actively check for the tune, but if you're tuned when plugged into their computer, it'll automatically notice irregularities in your logs and flag your car. As long as the car isn't hooked up (ECU reflash for troubleshooting an issue, occasional recall/TSB update, etc), you'll be fine.

And unless your dealer is a complete jerk, your entire warranty won't be voided if your car is flagged for the tune. Only the powertrain (and associated parts) will be scrutinized.
Its more like unless they are breaking the law, the dealer will only flag your car for engine related issues.
magnussen moss act is a law that states the aftermarket part has to be proven to be a contributing factor for the warranty claim to be denied, and the burden of proof is on the dealer to show the root cause.
dont let them bs you, read up magnussen moss and quote it next time they try any bs about warranty 86’d. They simply can't do it.
for a tune, if you blow the motor, of course that wont be covered, but if the suspension breaks or the computer radio ac etc goes nuts, no way, youre covered.

Last edited by scrufy; 07-15-2019 at 01:53 AM.
Old 07-15-2019, 11:10 AM

'15 C63S
Originally Posted by scrufy
Its more like unless they are breaking the law, the dealer will only flag your car for engine related issues.
magnussen moss act is a law that states the aftermarket part has to be proven to be a contributing factor for the warranty claim to be denied, and the burden of proof is on the dealer to show the root cause.
dont let them bs you, read up magnussen moss and quote it next time they try any bs about warranty 86’d. They simply can't do it.
for a tune, if you blow the motor, of course that wont be covered, but if the suspension breaks or the computer radio ac etc goes nuts, no way, youre covered.
Everyone brings out the Magnussen Moss Act all the time in these type of discussions.

It's a bunch of language on the books and nothing more. You can't just walk into the dealer, waive around a copy of it, and then call it a day. An act like that is only as good as it's able to be enforced, and anyone that attempts to enforce it (especially for anything involving major money) needs to understand they are in for an extremely lengthy and expensive legal fight with the dealer and/or the manufacturer (since they're the one ultimately footing the bill for the warranty claim). As much as the wording of the act says the burden of proof is on the dealer/manufacturer, it raeally ends up being on you to prove them wrong. They'll claim they looked into it and found the modification caused the problem, and they would be looked at as the "expert" since it is their car and they service thousands of cars everyday. You are just you, claiming it doesn't. In front of a lawyer/judge/jury/etc, their word will mean WAY more than yours would. That's an uphill fight that I don't think many people grasp.

Yes, there are stories of people successfully fighting for warranty claims that were unjustly denied by the dealer. But those are the rare exceptions. And it's even rarer if the modification was done to any part that interacts with the failure being claimed under warranty. And with how interconnected all these systems on new cars are designed to be, it's not hard for them to claim the modification caused the issue.
Old 07-15-2019, 12:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts
19 E63s, 23 M3 compX, B9 SQ5
Originally Posted by TexasBenzBandit

Can you describe exactly what to do when you say a 3rd gear run at 60mph. So I just put it in Sports + and get going 60mph and put in 3rd gear. Do I use Auto Shift Mode vs. Manual?

Just want to understand what to do.
Put it in Race, manual mode shift to 3rd at ~60mph and then punch it. Let the car shift by itself to redline, with EC's tune I had major clutch slipping from 3rd to 4th at WOT. And I wasn't the only one with this issue on their tune.
Old 07-15-2019, 01:01 PM

'15 C63S
Originally Posted by raudiace4
Put it in Race, manual mode shift to 3rd at ~60mph and then punch it. Let the car shift by itself to redline, with EC's tune I had major clutch slipping from 3rd to 4th at WOT. And I wasn't the only one with this issue on their tune.
I've had the Eurocharged on my car for over 3 years, and I've never had an issue with clutch slippage. Not really sure what your issue was, but it doesn't seem to be a common one with the Eurocharged tune.
Old 07-15-2019, 01:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz E63s AMG
Magnussen Moss Act

LOL I cringe every time I see this on the boards. If you're going to be using that, you have to be in legal court, meaning gotta sue MB. If that's the case, you'll be spending a lot more in legal fees than on a complete turbo upgrade LOL.
Old 07-15-2019, 01:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I've had the Eurocharged on my car for over 3 years, and I've never had an issue with clutch slippage. Not really sure what your issue was, but it doesn't seem to be a common one with the Eurocharged tune.
I don't know how common it is, YMMV, but I do know couple others who had similar problems on W205s with EC's tune.

If the problem persists with the tune, and is completely normal when flashed to stock tune or a competitor's tune then it's pretty clear what the culprit is.
Old 07-15-2019, 01:53 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2019 C63WS
Thanks for sharing. I Hope I get my Tunes emailed Monday. I’m in the stock Tune now.

I still have 2 of my tunes on my PC that work fine, but 2 wasn’t loading. I was told to put stock Tune back on my car,and delete any tunes from MyGenius.

Jerry at EC will email me back my updated tunes, but he’s on vacation. However, he sent my Tune last time he was on vacation so I bet I get it tomorrow, Monday.
Was there a problem with your original tune?
Old 07-15-2019, 02:22 PM

'15 C63S
Originally Posted by raudiace4
I don't know how common it is, YMMV, but I do know couple others who had similar problems on W205s with EC's tune.

If the problem persists with the tune, and is completely normal when flashed to stock tune or a competitor's tune then it's pretty clear what the culprit is.
That's not always the case.

I recently had an issue with an overboost code that would only happen with the tune installed. Flash back to stock, no code. It'd be easy to blame the tune with your assumptions, but it ended up being a pressure sensor near the intercooler that was on the fritz. Had absolutely nothing to do with the tune other than the tune more easily exposed the sensor issue. Replaced the sensors, no more codes.
Old 07-15-2019, 02:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

That's not always the case.

I recently had an issue with an overboost code that would only happen with the tune installed. Flash back to stock, no code. It'd be easy to blame the tune with your assumptions, but it ended up being a pressure sensor near the intercooler that was on the fritz. Had absolutely nothing to do with the tune other than the tune more easily exposed the sensor issue. Replaced the sensors, no more codes.
In your case I agree, in my case with no codes thrown clear signs of clutch slipping. Flash to stock, no clutch slipping no codes thrown. Flash to competitor's stage 2 tune, no clutch slipping and no codes, pulling all the way to redline hard in every gear, butt dyno immediate noticeable difference in power/TQ. As I said, YMMV but that's my experience and couple others who had similar issues.
Old 07-16-2019, 01:24 AM

Received 90 Likes on 82 Posts
2017 AMG C63
You read it wrong bro. I Drove Stage 1 all week. Huge noticeable Difference, as I said above. Get H.O.P., it will change your life....(hooked on phonics).
Click Bait. I could care less if YOU click. Don’t come back here and if you do, which I welcome you since I'm nice, don't Cry, please. I’m here to help people on here that are interested in getting a Tune. And I’m not interested in helping people like you who jump on other people's threads and have nothing relevant to say or contribute.
Dude, just wow - you have got to chill out. I was joking around, sorry you got butt hurt. You probably should not jump to insults so quickly. Did you really just tell me to stay out of a thread on a public forum? Lol

If you want to bring up contributing, go look at my other posts. They are not about trying to find the best phone mount.

... As this threads a mess and all over the place.
If you look back, you may see you only yourself to thank for that.

Update Stage 2 is Fast! Especially in S+. In C. It’s still a decent ride not jerky.
Congrats!
Old 07-16-2019, 11:04 PM

[QUOTE=LessIsMore;7804176]Dude, just wow - you have got to chill out. I was joking around, sorry you got butt hurt. You probably should not jump to insults so quickly. Did you really just tell me to stay out of a thread on a public forum? Lol

It's cool LIM, and no big deal my friend, no big deal and I am usually chill. Except when I'm not. Yeah and stay away from here, I command you . Ok back to car stuff.

I AM going to do what you said, JUST to see about the slipping. I know I haven't had any slippage that I know of, BUT, I haven't done what you explained to see if I get any issue, so I will do it and report back. I believe you had an issue and know it stopped when you changed things, but so far mine was Perfect and NOW that it is OFF, the CAR feels SLOW as Hell! Maybe not SLOW, but laggy for sure and once you have a tune, you can never go back!

Not bashing EC, cause they've been great and Jerry took extra great care of me since I'm a fellow Houstonian growing up. BUT, Friday afternoon I worked with one of the guys at EC (who is awesome-Case), I was jamming on the guitar while I was on hold awhile waiting for them to look at my files using Team-Viewer so they could see what issue I was having. When Case came back on I said name any song and I play it. Haha He said Simple Man, so I let it rip. That is my MAIN Hobby, Guitar

All my issue was is I couldn't load 1 of the tune files (think it was named the same and that messed it up), so he told me to bring my C63 back to the stock tune, delete all the tunes off the MyGenius and Jerry will resend all my tunes, BUT, he is on vacation. No problem, the guy's got to get some time off. I was hoping I would have it by now, I'm just being impatient. I left a message today on the voice-mail driving home as they were closed and will follow up tomorrow. I still have my STAGE 2 tune on my PC, and could load it right now back to MyGenius and put it on the car, I am just doing what they told me and will load the Updated Tunes that I hope come very soon!

I'm also waiting for my SwitchPath to modify my current Awe Track. I actually wish the TRACK, which is Straight-Pipes was LOUDER! It's really Not that Loud! I am getting the SP with the valves to eliminate Drone, and be ultra-quiet when I want to be. Are DownPipes the next logical Mod? I heard alone, they ain't that amazing, but combined with a Tune it makes it worth it, and it's supposed to INCREASE The Volume.

I also Just did a TUNE right now, on my Guitar!

Last edited by TexasBenzBandit; 07-16-2019 at 11:10 PM.
Old 07-17-2019, 02:25 AM

Received 106 Likes on 74 Posts
2007 E350
Originally Posted by gOt BoOsT
The little stock turbos run out of steam up top as they get outside the compressor efficiency range. I would think eurocharged would set shift points for optimum powerband, but I haven’t paid much attention nor have had it on a dyno. By shifting at a lower rpm it will keep you in the meat of the powerband thus having the quickest/fastest acceleration. You can get close by looking at other dyno graphs, but would really need get on a dyno to see when trq/hp begins to fall off and that’s where you would want to shift.

Here is a dyno of mine before & after the tune. Eurocharged stage 2 + downpipes

The following 2 users liked this post by koifysh:
gOt BoOsT (07-17-2019), TexasBenzBandit (07-19-2019)
Old 07-17-2019, 07:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz E63s AMG
Great looking curves!!
Old 07-17-2019, 09:21 AM

Thanks for posting the graph! Looks like we could shift at 54-5500rpm as the turbo is clearly out of steam and both hp/tq are falling quick beyond that point. Wonder how much open intakes would help/change that? I’ll have to dyno my car at some point and report my findings.
Old 07-17-2019, 11:33 AM

'15 C63S
Originally Posted by gOt BoOsT
Thanks for posting the graph! Looks like we could shift at 54-5500rpm as the turbo is clearly out of steam and both hp/tq are falling quick beyond that point. Wonder how much open intakes would help/change that? I’ll have to dyno my car at some point and report my findings.
The power curve of a tune-only M177 is fairly unique in how the power drops off so significantly after a relatively early power peak. The vast majority of cars out there do not do this. Even though the power peaks early, you don't want to shift at the power peak. Your shift point should be where the power you are making before the shift is equal or greater than the power made after the shift. On cars with normal/late power peaks, the power before the shift is almost always greater than it is after the shift, meaning you should be shifting at redline. In our cars, this isn't the case.

Looking at the gear ratios, shifting at redline (7000 PRM) on the 1-2 shift on the pre-facelift 7-speed, the RPM will drop to around 4600 RPM. Based on the dyno results above, the tuned car is making around 480 RWHP at redline but is making 530 RWHP at 4600 RPM. You are making more power after the shift, therefore wasting performance potential that you'd have if you were at the lower, more powerful RPM in 2nd gear.

Playing around with different RPM shift points, it looks like the power between shifts is equal around 6200-6300 RPM on the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts, and it is equal around 6000 RPM on the 3-4 and 4-5 shifts. Optimally, those would be your ideal shift points.
The following users liked this post:
Wexlax732 (08-15-2020)
Old 07-19-2019, 03:43 PM

Koifysh, thanks for sharing the Dyno. It's nice to KNOW what gains you are getting with actual hard data and to see where the power curve is. Good segway, as I'm planning to get some Real Data myself. I just got my Dragy that I haven't done any Pulls with it yet, so while I'm on the stock tune, I'd liek to do several 1/4 mile runs to see ET and MPH. Then load the Tune and see what the differences are. I know there are many variables when you do this, hooking, spinning, etc. but it would at least give me an idea. I hope the numbers get better with the tune, they should.

I talked to Eurocharged this morning at 9am, and Jerry was supposed to be back to the office from his trip shortly. I politely asked the awesome guy I've been working with at EC to please try to remind Jerry to re-send my tunes. I HOPE I get them by at least Tonight, 2:38pm now, we will see

Last edited by TexasBenzBandit; 07-19-2019 at 05:02 PM.
Old 07-19-2019, 04:34 PM

Received 106 Likes on 74 Posts
2007 E350
Koifysh, thanks for sharing the Dyno. It's nice to KNOW what gains you are getting with actual hard data and to see where the power curve is. Good segway, as I'm planning to get some Real Data myself. I just got my Dragy that I haven't done any Pulls with it yet, so while I'm on the stock tune, I'd liek to do several 1/4 mile runs to see ET and MPH. Then load the Tune and see what the differences are. I kno wthere are many variables when you do this, hooking, spinning, etc. but it would at least give me an idea. I hope the numbers get better with the tune, they should.

I talked to Eurocharged this morning at 9am, and Jerry was supposed to be back to the office from his trip shortly. I politely asked the awesome guy I've been working with at EC to please try to remind Jerry to re-send my tunes. I HOPE I get them by at least Tonight, 2:38pm now, we will see
NP, mine is currently in the shop for the stage 2 pure 900 turbo. I will post the dyno when everything is done to see the difference versus stock turbos. The numbers should be better with the tune as long as you hook up. I got 295 mps4s in the back and still can't hook up with the tune/downpipes
Old 07-19-2019, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by koifysh
NP, mine is currently in the shop for the stage 2 pure 900 turbo. I will post the dyno when everything is done to see the difference versus stock turbos. The numbers should be better with the tune as long as you hook up. I got 295 mps4s in the back and still can't hook up with the tune/downpipes
Nice! Post those dyno results with your other overlays to show some real world results. I emailed Jerry about a tune for the pure turbos (not sure which ones) this morning so I’m heading that direction as well. You’re gonna need a softer tire to hook for sure...I just ordered Toyo r888r and will have them Monday so I’ll post how they fair wot in 2nd on a stock turbo stage 2 with intakes.

Last edited by gOt BoOsT; 07-19-2019 at 09:54 PM.
Old 07-19-2019, 11:09 PM

Man 10pm and I didn’t get any Tunes! I know he just got back from out of town, but ............. He sent my original Tunes late at night so maybe I’ll get it over the weekend. EC told me to bring the car back to Stock and delete all my files on MyGenius and I'd get new tune files sent. So I’m just doing what I’m told so everything goes smoothly, no need to get ahead of myself. I just need to chill

Last edited by TexasBenzBandit; 07-22-2019 at 10:53 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pulled Trigger On Eurocharged C63 AMG Tune!