C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock ride height?

Old 07-08-2019, 04:41 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
GL450, AMG C63S Coupe, Infiniti G37S Coupe
Stock ride height?

Does anyone know or can measure the stock ride height for the coupe from fender lip to hub center?
I am dropped and didn't measure prior to install. So I am trying to see roughly what the actual drop turned out to be.

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-08-2019, 08:24 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2019 C63 S Selenite Magno Grey
It's a stock 2019 C63 S Coupe and I measured 14-1/4 inches" in the front and 14-1/4" in the rear. FWIW, I have the AMG Aero Pkg#2 with the 19/20 inch black split spoke wheels.

So what are your measurements now? Also, do you have an AMG Aero Pkg, stock or aftermarket splitter/side skirts? I can clear normal parking curbs with this current setup and wondering how much room I would have to work with if I did opt to lower it a bit.

Last edited by Spectre-13; 07-08-2019 at 08:33 PM.
The following users liked this post:
KAHBOOM (07-08-2019)
Old 07-08-2019, 10:50 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
GL450, AMG C63S Coupe, Infiniti G37S Coupe
Originally Posted by Spectre-13 View Post
It's a stock 2019 C63 S Coupe and I measured 14-1/4 inches" in the front and 14-1/4" in the rear. FWIW, I have the AMG Aero Pkg#2 with the 19/20 inch black split spoke wheels.

So what are your measurements now? Also, do you have an AMG Aero Pkg, stock or aftermarket splitter/side skirts? I can clear normal parking curbs with this current setup and wondering how much room I would have to work with if I did opt to lower it a bit.
My measurements now are 12.5 f and 13.5 r

i have the 19s f/r and no aero package or splitters. If I had a front splitter I would be anxious over obstacles.

I can clear most obstacles with my current set up. The front is a bit aggressive of a drop though. I want to see if there are shims available to give me about 1/2 inch more lift. My driveway is relatively smooth with a slight dip at the end and I can hear the diffuser underneath slightly graze it.
Old 07-09-2019, 10:12 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2019 C63 S Selenite Magno Grey
Originally Posted by KAHBOOM View Post

i have the 19s f/r and no aero package or splitters. If I had a front splitter I would be anxious over obstacles.

I can clear most obstacles with my current set up. The front is a bit aggressive of a drop though. I want to see if there are shims available to give me about 1/2 inch more lift. My driveway is relatively smooth with a slight dip at the end and I can hear the diffuser underneath slightly graze it.
Be sure to enter and exit your driveway at a sharp angle to avoid any scraping. Don't take the driveway straight on even if your backing in. Same applies to tall speed bumps or any other dips/bumps in the road. Also, don't pull all the way up to a parking curb just in case your lower front is now lower than the curb.

The ''06 Z06 I had prior to the C63S sat very low and had a CF Splitter and side skirts. I learned how to take dips, bumps and curbs the hard and expensive way. Since a Vette is a two seater with long sloping nose it's a difficult car to park because you can't see where the front of the car is. It's literally like driving from the back seat. I would usually just back in to a parking spot whenever I could.
KAHBOOM (07-17-2019)
Old 07-09-2019, 01:48 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2017 CLS AMG 63S
Originally Posted by Spectre-13 View Post
Be sure to enter and exit your driveway at a sharp angle to avoid any scraping. Don't take the driveway straight on even if your backing in. Same applies to tall speed bumps or any other dips/bumps in the road. Also, don't pull all the way up to a parking curb just in case your lower front is now lower than the curb.

The ''06 Z06 I had prior to the C63S sat very low and had a CF Splitter and side skirts. I learned how to take dips, bumps and curbs the hard and expensive way. Since a Vette is a two seater with long sloping nose it's a difficult car to park because you can't see where the front of the car is. It's literally like driving from the back seat. I would usually just back in to a parking spot whenever I could.
I have an 08 Z and a 16c63s
Old 07-09-2019, 04:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 221 Likes on 195 Posts
c
Originally Posted by KAHBOOM View Post

people typically measure fender to ground or center hub to gauge a drop.
KAHBOOM (07-17-2019)