Sponsored by:

Stock ride height?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2019, 04:41 PM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
GL450, AMG C63S Coupe
Stock ride height?

Does anyone know or can measure the stock ride height for the coupe from fender lip to hub center?
I am dropped and didn't measure prior to install. So I am trying to see roughly what the actual drop turned out to be.

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-08-2019, 08:24 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2019 C63 S Selenite Magno Grey
It's a stock 2019 C63 S Coupe and I measured 14-1/4 inches" in the front and 14-1/4" in the rear. FWIW, I have the AMG Aero Pkg#2 with the 19/20 inch black split spoke wheels.

So what are your measurements now? Also, do you have an AMG Aero Pkg, stock or aftermarket splitter/side skirts? I can clear normal parking curbs with this current setup and wondering how much room I would have to work with if I did opt to lower it a bit.

Last edited by Spectre-13; 07-08-2019 at 08:33 PM.
The following users liked this post:
KAHBOOM (07-08-2019)
Old 07-08-2019, 10:50 PM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
GL450, AMG C63S Coupe
Originally Posted by Spectre-13
It's a stock 2019 C63 S Coupe and I measured 14-1/4 inches" in the front and 14-1/4" in the rear. FWIW, I have the AMG Aero Pkg#2 with the 19/20 inch black split spoke wheels.

So what are your measurements now? Also, do you have an AMG Aero Pkg, stock or aftermarket splitter/side skirts? I can clear normal parking curbs with this current setup and wondering how much room I would have to work with if I did opt to lower it a bit.
My measurements now are 12.5 f and 13.5 r

i have the 19s f/r and no aero package or splitters. If I had a front splitter I would be anxious over obstacles.

I can clear most obstacles with my current set up. The front is a bit aggressive of a drop though. I want to see if there are shims available to give me about 1/2 inch more lift. My driveway is relatively smooth with a slight dip at the end and I can hear the diffuser underneath slightly graze it.
Old 07-09-2019, 10:12 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2019 C63 S Selenite Magno Grey
Originally Posted by KAHBOOM

i have the 19s f/r and no aero package or splitters. If I had a front splitter I would be anxious over obstacles.

I can clear most obstacles with my current set up. The front is a bit aggressive of a drop though. I want to see if there are shims available to give me about 1/2 inch more lift. My driveway is relatively smooth with a slight dip at the end and I can hear the diffuser underneath slightly graze it.
Be sure to enter and exit your driveway at a sharp angle to avoid any scraping. Don't take the driveway straight on even if your backing in. Same applies to tall speed bumps or any other dips/bumps in the road. Also, don't pull all the way up to a parking curb just in case your lower front is now lower than the curb.

The ''06 Z06 I had prior to the C63S sat very low and had a CF Splitter and side skirts. I learned how to take dips, bumps and curbs the hard and expensive way. Since a Vette is a two seater with long sloping nose it's a difficult car to park because you can't see where the front of the car is. It's literally like driving from the back seat. I would usually just back in to a parking spot whenever I could.
KAHBOOM (07-17-2019)
Old 07-09-2019, 01:48 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2016 C63s
Originally Posted by Spectre-13
Be sure to enter and exit your driveway at a sharp angle to avoid any scraping. Don't take the driveway straight on even if your backing in. Same applies to tall speed bumps or any other dips/bumps in the road. Also, don't pull all the way up to a parking curb just in case your lower front is now lower than the curb.

The ''06 Z06 I had prior to the C63S sat very low and had a CF Splitter and side skirts. I learned how to take dips, bumps and curbs the hard and expensive way. Since a Vette is a two seater with long sloping nose it's a difficult car to park because you can't see where the front of the car is. It's literally like driving from the back seat. I would usually just back in to a parking spot whenever I could.
I have an 08 Z and a 16c63s
Old 07-09-2019, 04:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 665 Likes on 523 Posts
c
Originally Posted by KAHBOOM

people typically measure fender to ground or center hub to gauge a drop.
KAHBOOM (07-17-2019)
Old 09-30-2022, 01:31 PM

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
2016 C63 AMG
Shims and spacers are available to raise ride height.

I installed custom wheels on my 2016 C63 AMG Sedan. Front ride height is perfect. Coilover spacer is available to bring up the front. Most people want lower. For the rear Mercedes manufacturers shims,

Lower Seat p/n:
*edit* (2053240184)

Which I just ordered and was corrected on the part number. I want to bring up the rear end slightly. The shims might be overkill. I only want to add about 10 to 15mm. I was told to just shove in a couple of washers from the hardware store and it would be good. But I want to make sure the spring is seated well.

For tires, Mercedes OEM Continental SportContact 6.
I want to keep these SportContact 6 for street tires because they are awesome in the rain- Cut through water very well.

Sedan Wheel/Tire Specs:

Front:
265/35ZR19
19x9.5 ET+30

Rear:
295/30ZR20
20x11 ET+45

Talking physics, what I was told- Increasing rear ride height will improve steering response. What I can say is this wheel/tire setup greatly improved the car. More rubber on the road, and true it did alter the ride height balance- Raised the rear already.

Noting to sedan owners that modifying the rear fender is necessary to fit 11 inch wide rear wheels. I used fender roller and fender pliers to stretch and reshape the fender after watching a few hours of youtube videos. The only way to get perfect fitment is cutting a line inside the wheel well to stretch in an inch of space then weld it up. If being perfect is a requirement.

On the coupe 20x11 with 305/30ZR20 should fit with no modification.

I figure adding the shims is a good solution to be able to carry passengers. And maybe or maybe not up the rear tires to 305/30ZR20. 305 has more tire choices.

Last edited by anwar_hamoude; 10-03-2022 at 10:39 PM.