Sponsored by:

RENNtech Tune (ECU Flash)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2019, 08:19 AM

Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts
2016 C63S
Originally Posted by ///Bruce
From knowing Steve Dinan, he began racing for BMW back in the day and started messing with tuning suspensions originally. That was his original bread-and-butter. Over time he started tinkering with tuning. And, over the decades, he got brand recognition to the point where Dinan is the only aftermarket tuner out there who will mimic the same warranty period as BMW and now MB. And both BMW and MB have no issues with installing his products on your ride for you. I know of no one, generally speaking who will do this for Renntech, Weistec, Eurocharged or anyone else.

It's a 'safe' mod...
WAY more MB dealers are Renntech than Dinan
Old 10-12-2019, 09:38 AM

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
2019 AMG C63s Coupe
Originally Posted by DRGG
OK. Are there any Dinan owners out there who can testify that their piggybacks are "laggy, inconsistent crap"?

I actually have not read a single report of dissatisfaction in this forum (although I have probably missed one or two).
I had a Dinan on my BMW M4 before removing it and going with the Bootmod3 flash tune. While I had no issues with the Dinan, the performance was laggy when compared to the flash tune. ECU tunes are always better than piggybacks simply because they operate in two different methodologies. The piggyback produces power by fooling the DME into believing it is making less power than it actually is. The issues with this method is that the engine timing, AFR, air/fuel, etc. remain in the stock boost while the engine is actually making more torque. The ECU tune correctly tunes all parameters making power the correct way. My C63s has a Renntech tune which is outstanding. I previously had Eurocharged which was crap.
Old 10-12-2019, 10:59 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
C63S AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by TexasEd
I had a Dinan on my BMW M4 before removing it and going with the Bootmod3 flash tune. While I had no issues with the Dinan, the performance was laggy when compared to the flash tune. ECU tunes are always better than piggybacks simply because they operate in two different methodologies. The piggyback produces power by fooling the DME into believing it is making less power than it actually is. The issues with this method is that the engine timing, AFR, air/fuel, etc. remain in the stock boost while the engine is actually making more torque. The ECU tune correctly tunes all parameters making power the correct way. My C63s has a Renntech tune which is outstanding. I previously had Eurocharged which was crap.
I don't have any tune, so have no dog in this hunt. But I could swear that Dinan does adjust those other parameters. This car was my very first ever automatic transmission vehicle. I did have one other turbo, but the transmission was manual so that made up for it. "Laggy" is how I felt when I bought this C63s coupe, so any extra lag would not be appreciated.