Sponsored by:

No ringtone on incoming calls (2019)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2019 | 06:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
No ringtone on incoming calls (2019)

I have an iPhone XS still running the latest version of iOS 12 (holding off on upgrading to iOS 13 for now) and I've noticed that there is no ringtone playing over the car's speakers when a call is coming in. I've turned the ringtone volume almost all the way up. Anybody else having this issue? I only hear the ringtone coming from the phone. On my previous car, the phone's actual ringtone would play over the car's speakers since iOS supports Ringtone over Bluetooth, but on this car there is just silence from the speakers. Is this normal or am I missing something? I went through the settings and checked the owners manual, but the only setting I could find is the ringtone volume under the phone's volume settings and as said I've cranked it almost all the way up. I've also tried using the steering wheel volume control while the phone is ringing and it shows me the ringtone volume on the display, but nothing over the speakers.
Old 10-08-2019 | 08:14 PM

2019 AMG C63S
I have my Android device paired using Android Auto (which automatically also sets up BT pairing for calls) and I hear the ring every time I receive a call. Can you try another phone just to rule out the possible causes?
Old 10-09-2019 | 12:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Not entirely sure what the problem was. Kept messing around with it. Freshly paired the phone and at one point I got a ringtone, but instead of the phone's ringtone it was the multimedia system's ringtone. So I got the feeling that it was a bug in iOS. I don't get a lot of calls while in the car, so don't remember the last version of iOS when it was working in my old car, but I ended up taking the plunged and upgraded to iOS 13. That seemed to have done the trick. I'm now getting the phone's ringtone over the speakers. One of those things I guess.