Sponsored by:

C63S Coupé ‘16 Transmission Problems?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2019, 08:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63S AMG Coupe W205, E300 restyle W212, G63 AMG
C63S Coupé ‘16 Transmission Problems?

Hi everyone, I have a ‘16 C63s Coupé w205 and it has only 18000 km, 11k miles.

Recently I went to the dealership to replace the engine mounts (one of them was broken, still not clear why - but the bolt was unscrewed and the head was damaged)

The best solution was to replace all three at once and so we did.

After I took a car and drove a little bit, I started feeling jolts after shifting from Reverse to Drive and vice versa.

So what do we have now:
Right after shifting there is nothing unusual, but in a couple of seconds the car jerks once, hard enough.

I can also feel these jolts when shifting from Parking to Drive/Reverse, but they are less noticeable (annoying anyway).

Yesterday I visited the local dealership for the second time, and had the transmission software updated, they also reset the adaptations.
But the issue was not resolved.

I tried to record a video, but it’s difficult to see this problem, much easier to feel in person.

https://vimeo.com/user103850189/revi...415/ee08512d6a

Any help would be greatly appreciated...
Thanks!

Last edited by dimitrysx; 10-11-2019 at 09:15 PM.
Old 10-12-2019, 05:11 AM

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts
W205 C63s 2015
Originally Posted by dimitrysx
Hi everyone, I have a ‘16 C63s Coupé w205 and it has only 18000 km, 11k miles.

Recently I went to the dealership to replace the engine mounts (one of them was broken, still not clear why - but the bolt was unscrewed and the head was damaged)

The best solution was to replace all three at once and so we did.

After I took a car and drove a little bit, I started feeling jolts after shifting from Reverse to Drive and vice versa.

So what do we have now:
Right after shifting there is nothing unusual, but in a couple of seconds the car jerks once, hard enough.

I can also feel these jolts when shifting from Parking to Drive/Reverse, but they are less noticeable (annoying anyway).

Yesterday I visited the local dealership for the second time, and had the transmission software updated, they also reset the adaptations.
But the issue was not resolved.

I tried to record a video, but it’s difficult to see this problem, much easier to feel in person.

https://vimeo.com/user103850189/revi...415/ee08512d6a

Any help would be greatly appreciated...
Thanks!
Hay mate , the link to your video didn’t work.
Is the harsh engagement on upshifts only or both up and down?
You can ask your service tech to take the car through a set of forced adaptions for each gear, you need Xentry todo this and it takes an hour minimum with two people , this often improves things as normal adaptions a very slow. If they updated the transmission software during the mount replacement it’s possible the factory adaptions were lost which would definitely give you the symptoms your described.
Old 10-12-2019, 07:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63S AMG Coupe W205, E300 restyle W212, G63 AMG
Thanks for your reply!

Originally Posted by zipzap
Hay mate , the link to your video didn’t work.
Sorry for that, here is the new link:

Is the harsh engagement on upshifts only or both up and down?
The main problem appears when changing gear from R to D and vice versa, I can feel harsh jolts.
Although there is an issue of hard shifting from 3rd to 2nd gear and from second to third respectively, but I began experiencing this a long time ago and the dealership said that this was 'kind of normal'..

You can ask your service tech to take the car through a set of forced adaptions for each gear, you need Xentry todo this and it takes an hour minimum with two people , this often improves things as normal adaptions a very slow. If they updated the transmission software during the mount replacement it’s possible the factory adaptions were lost which would definitely give you the symptoms your described.
So I asked them and they informed me that they did all of these steps as required by the service manual, including forced adapptations for each gear.

Also, these jolts and harsh movements appeared before updating the transmission software and setting the adaptations, immediately after replacing engine mounts.