Sponsored by:

Price point for 2017 C63S Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2019, 12:38 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2017 C63s AMG, 2020C300, 2011 G55 AMG
Price point for 2017 C63S Coupe

I am looking to sell my 2017 C63S coupe.

The vehicle is in excellent condition, garage kept, ceramic coated, etc.

I am having a difficult time selling, and am looking for some advice on properly pricing the vehicle.

It seems like the prices vary pretty greatly on some of the online resources I have searched.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

B
Old 12-03-2019, 03:26 PM

Received 91 Likes on 68 Posts
'15 C63S
Originally Posted by selenite_C63s
I am looking to sell my 2017 C63S coupe.

The vehicle is in excellent condition, garage kept, ceramic coated, etc.

I am having a difficult time selling, and am looking for some advice on properly pricing the vehicle.

It seems like the prices vary pretty greatly on some of the online resources I have searched.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

B
I recently traded in my '15 C63S sedan and afterwards watched the pricing of it on the dealership's website. I used all the online appraisal websites (Edmunds, KBB, etc.), and the trade-in value I received and what the dealer ultimately sold it for were definitely on par with the lower values those websites gave.

I understand that your car is different than mine so the pricing will obviously be different. That being said, I'm willing to bet that what you'll end up selling the car for will be close to the lower "Private Party" values that you're seeing.

If it were me, I'd run the car by CarMax or AutoNation to see what they'll offer you. That way you'll know the baseline trade-in value that you'd probably get for the car and then can add a bit more onto that for it being a private sale.
Old 12-04-2019, 12:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 149 Likes on 123 Posts
C63s Cabriolet, BMW M4, Civic
Originally Posted by msd3075
. add a bit more onto that for it being a private sale.
Why a private seller car is better then the other? When I was looking for mine, I passed up all the private sellers after talking to them due to too much hassle dealing with other bank and inspection. Unless you buy it in cash. If the price is right, I would rather buy it from. Mercedes dealer one stop for everything.

Last edited by Klinh; 12-04-2019 at 12:26 AM.
Old 12-04-2019, 09:29 AM

Received 91 Likes on 68 Posts
'15 C63S
Originally Posted by Klinh
Why a private seller car is better then the other? When I was looking for mine, I passed up all the private sellers after talking to them due to too much hassle dealing with other bank and inspection. Unless you buy it in cash. If the price is right, I would rather buy it from. Mercedes dealer one stop for everything.
I was referring to the trade-in value as his starting point, not the price the dealer sells the car for. The trade-in value should be the lowest, the dealer price will be the highest, and private party price should be between those two.

What I was saying is that he should get his car assessed by a third-party for trade-in value and then base his sale price expectations on that value plus whatever the third-party website are saying the bump up to private party value is for his car. For example (these numbers are only for arguments sake, they aren't real), say the websites say his car should should trade-in for $55K, private party sell for $60K, and dealer sell for $65K. He brings it to CarMax/AutoNation/etc and is offered $52K. He would then know that the websites are off by $3K over current market. With that known, he would then expect $57K for the car in a private sale instead of $60K.