Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hard 4th to 3rd Shifts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2020 | 12:51 PM

2018 AMG C63
Hard 4th to 3rd Shifts

I have started experiencing a random hard shift going from 4th to 3rd. There doesn't seem to be a consistent scenario in which this occurs. It can happen when it shifts automatically and when I use the paddles to shift, but it doesn't always happen. Plan to do to dealer. Any advice in the mean time?
Old 02-05-2020 | 09:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

700HP Facelift converted PFL C63 S Coupe
Originally Posted by MDrex
I have started experiencing a random hard shift going from 4th to 3rd. There doesn't seem to be a consistent scenario in which this occurs. It can happen when it shifts automatically and when I use the paddles to shift, but it doesn't always happen. Plan to do to dealer. Any advice in the mean time?
I had the same prior to the ECU & TCU update. It's still there after the software update but no where near as "rough" as it was before.

Prior to the software update it was a chore to take off in 1st (very sensitive) in SPORT+ and 4th to 3rd would result in a massive "thump" or a "bang". Now it's hardly noticeable and the car is like a slingshot.

Yours is a 2018 model, right? Take it to the dealer and tell them the shifts are jerky from 4th to 3rd.

Last edited by Jimmy_c63s; 02-05-2020 at 09:18 PM.
Old 02-06-2020 | 10:30 AM

2018 AMG C63
Originally Posted by Jimmy_c63s
I had the same prior to the ECU & TCU update. It's still there after the software update but no where near as "rough" as it was before.

Prior to the software update it was a chore to take off in 1st (very sensitive) in SPORT+ and 4th to 3rd would result in a massive "thump" or a "bang". Now it's hardly noticeable and the car is like a slingshot.

Yours is a 2018 model, right? Take it to the dealer and tell them the shifts are jerky from 4th to 3rd.
Yes, 2018. I just found it odd that it started after owning the car for more than 6 months. Will be taking it to the dealer.