Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jerky transmission shifts when coming/going from a stop

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2020 | 12:59 PM

2017 C63 Coupe
Jerky transmission shifts when coming/going from a stop

Hi guys, I recently had a problem with my transmission slowly leaking (saw oily drops in garage) and took it to to a nearby dealer to fix and they had overfilled it with transmission fluid. Which then led me to take it to another dealer to rectify as the car was profusely leaking transmission fluid (trail of drops seen in driveway/garage), see this thread for details https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-...ed-advice.html. I haven't driven the car much since then because of the bad weather. But during the few times I drove the car I noticed in automatic mode when coming to a stop especially in comfort mode the car jerks and lurches when downshifting to from 4 to 3 then to 2 gear. I also noticed when accelerating from a stop the car sometimes lurches when going up a gear in auto mode. When driving in manual mode at higher rpms the car shifts fine. Do you guys think this is normal for the 7spd MCT to shift like that? Maybe I didn't notice the jerky shifting before I took it in for the leak, I bought the car in December last year so I didn't really drive it enough or know what is deemed normal for this car. I was thinking maybe to take the car in to get the TCU and ECU updated for the louder pops that was posted from back in 2017 (Build date 12/16). Will that possibly help make the shifts any smoother? Any recommendations what I should do next? Thanks, Ben

Last edited by benz63guy; 02-12-2020 at 01:02 PM.
Old 02-12-2020 | 01:26 PM

2017 AMG C63
Take back to dealer (second one) and have them diagnose?? And dont tell them what specific fix you think it needs, just tell them what its doing and insist its a problem.

No not normal.