Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB: Mode Carbon Front Bumper CF Grill + Star

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2020 | 04:37 AM

'17 AMG C63S Edition 1 Coupe, '18 AMG C63S Convertible, '19 AMG GLS63
Thumbs up WTB: Mode Carbon Front Bumper CF Grill + Star

As the title states, looking to purchase a Mode Carbon Front Bumper CF center grill + CF star. I'd get it directly from Mode Carbon, but they've since discontinued the part. Ok with new or used in excellent condition.

TIA!

Old 07-27-2020 | 06:31 PM

Bump
Old 07-27-2020 | 10:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63s Cabriolet, BMW M4, Civic
https://global.cksperformance.com/?m...pe%20cabriolet
The following users liked this post:
Michael_W_ (07-28-2020)
Old 07-28-2020 | 11:56 AM

2017 C63S AMG
Originally Posted by FDNewbie
As the title states, looking to purchase a Mode Carbon Front Bumper CF center grill + CF star. I'd get it directly from Mode Carbon, but they've since discontinued the part. Ok with new or used in excellent condition.

TIA!

I go

I was lucky to find a Mode Carbon front badge assembly another user was selling on MBworld. Keep an eye out or check eBay. The entire assembly is made out of carbon fiber so the clips to attach it to the front bumper are kinda flimsy/tend to snap off. Instead of jerking around with epoxy that will just fail later, I used ran a couple set screws into the clips from behind the bumper. (If you want to do it right, have to take the front bumper off to install).

best of luck finding one! They’re worth it IMO.
Old 07-29-2020 | 12:40 AM

I already checked with them. They don't make that part. I even asked if they'd be willing to make one special order for me; no dice.

Originally Posted by Wexlax732
I was lucky to find a Mode Carbon front badge assembly another user was selling on MBworld. Keep an eye out or check eBay. The entire assembly is made out of carbon fiber so the clips to attach it to the front bumper are kinda flimsy/tend to snap off. Instead of jerking around with epoxy that will just fail later, I used ran a couple set screws into the clips from behind the bumper. (If you want to do it right, have to take the front bumper off to install).

best of luck finding one! They’re worth it IMO.
I already have one on my Edition 1 Coupe. And yep, you're 100% right. Spent a pretty penny having my shop drill the inside of it to fasten OEM clips to it so it will stay secure. Definitely a nice piece if you install it correclty.

Mostly recently, the epoxy around the Mercedes star failed, so I gotta get that redone.

Will check out Ebay. TIA!