All done.

Looks great .. Good Job !
Old 07-17-2020, 05:41 AM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
C63S Edition 1
[QUOTE=japamg;8107825]
Originally Posted by notbadgoodsize
The ambient lighting kit includes the footwell LED too./QUOTE]

Yes but how do you project the light? Through the original lamp?

Thanks
The old surround and light comes out, and the new one pops in place. In the kit you will get all the lights needed and they are all wired to each other already.
The following users liked this post:
japamg (07-17-2020)
Old 07-25-2020, 12:05 PM

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
2019 AMG C63
Installation video

Please DM me if you have seller installation videos, the written ones in chinese thay I got are hard to follow.
Old 07-26-2020, 05:43 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2016 C63s AMG
Originally Posted by 4dr.no
Please DM me if you have seller installation videos, the written ones in chinese thay I got are hard to follow.

if you bought the kit directly from DMP car design you would have gotten the install videos from them. Their videos are private for them to be used by people that bought the kit from them
Old 07-26-2020, 11:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 420 Likes on 303 Posts
AMG C63s
Originally Posted by ahelal
if you bought the kit directly from DMP car design you would have gotten the install videos from them. Their videos are private for them to be used by people that bought the kit from them
Huh, how do they protect it to stay private?
Old 07-26-2020, 11:58 AM

2019 AMG C63
Useless post. Re-directing to any fellow MBer who wants to help another rather than you who'd rather protect the "intellectual" property of an overseas seller.

PSA, I had to cancel my DMP order after they informed me, 2 weeks after placing it, that they do not have a coupe version even though it's listed.

Last edited by 4dr.no; 07-26-2020 at 12:01 PM.
Wexlax732 (09-19-2020)
Old 07-26-2020, 12:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 399 Likes on 307 Posts
AMG C63s Sedan , AMG C43 , AMG G63 , GLK 250
I think your post suck a$$ bro! People come here for help, who gives a rats behind about “videos” that you feel are only for certain people.

A ton of info on this forum that has helped many has come from others experiences and efforts as well.

So i guess the next time you ask for help, we should just claim its all PRIVATE

wow
Old 07-27-2020, 05:36 AM

2016 C63s AMG
Originally Posted by FLC63s
I think your post suck a$$ bro! People come here for help, who gives a rats behind about “videos” that you feel are only for certain people.

A ton of info on this forum that has helped many has come from others experiences and efforts as well.

So i guess the next time you ask for help, we should just claim its all PRIVATE

wow
i am sorry you feel that way but there is a reason they did that since a lot of the kits are similar to each other and they wanna stay somewhat competitive. I did a full write up on the install experience above when I got my kit and I have answered lots of questions in here regarding any difficulties or other issues people may face. Not sure if you checked my history but I have provided lots of info from Mercedes’ WIS system which is private but them charging 3 grand a year for a subscription is complete overkill and it’s something that is extremely useful for all of us so I have access to it and I share PDFs that people ask for regarding specific things they need.

Answering questions about issues resolved as well as providing help through your past experiences is what I have been doing when a question is asked. Buying a competitors product that was probably cheaper but didn’t come with good instructions then asking for said instructions from someone else is what sucks *** bro
Old 07-27-2020, 08:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s
i am sorry you feel that way but there is a reason they did that since a lot of the kits are similar to each other and they wanna stay somewhat competitive. I did a full write up on the install experience above when I got my kit and I have answered lots of questions in here regarding any difficulties or other issues people may face. Not sure if you checked my history but I have provided lots of info from Mercedes’ WIS system which is private but them charging 3 grand a year for a subscription is complete overkill and it’s something that is extremely useful for all of us so I have access to it and I share PDFs that people ask for regarding specific things they need.

Answering questions about issues resolved as well as providing help through your past experiences is what I have been doing when a question is asked. Buying a competitors product that was probably cheaper but didn’t come with good instructions then asking for said instructions from someone else is what sucks *** bro
Now that's messed up. So you stated these instructions are "private" but what it really is that they don't want you to share them but you could? You say DMP wanting to stay competitive? I can tell you if that is their main concern and means to stay competitive they have nothing and you got suckered. Their kit is probably exact the same as the kits you can buy everywhere else (my guess they did not design or manufacture it but resell it or why else would they try to "protect" install instructions). Protecting your market position by making instructions "private" is just laughable. But then you go on and reveal you are happily providing info from the WIS, which is a MB owned and developed system they charge dealers money for to do their jobs. That's just twisted.
Old 07-27-2020, 09:30 AM

2016 C63s AMG
Originally Posted by tobeit
Now that's messed up. So you stated these instructions are "private" but what it really is that they don't want you to share them but you could? You say DMP wanting to stay competitive? I can tell you if that is their main concern and means to stay competitive they have nothing and you got suckered. Their kit is probably exact the same as the kits you can buy everywhere else (my guess they did not design or manufacture it but resell it or why else would they try to "protect" install instructions). Protecting your market position by making instructions "private" is just laughable. But then you go on and reveal you are happily providing info from the WIS, which is a MB owned and developed system they charge dealers money for to do their jobs. That's just twisted.
people can and do buy the wis you don’t have to be a dealer to get it. I didn’t say the kits were different I simply said they went the extra mile to provide proper instructions and I respect that. They didn’t tell me I couldn’t share those I just choose not too. And as mentioned I have answered every single question asked here about the kits and install process and will continue to do so. I didn’t research other kits and prices but DMP actually providing good instructions and being made available for calls and messages pretty much 24/7 to help you does add a competitive advantage. For me, paying extra for better service is worth it
Old 07-27-2020, 09:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s
...... They didn’t tell me I couldn’t share those I just choose not too.
I guess your initial post was misleading then stating these instructions are made "private" ! You have some weird loyalty here but its your choice. I hopefully will install mine soon and when I get any video or instructions, I am happy to share. The people I work with are not DMP, but sell the same products and are responding just fine too ...
Old 07-27-2020, 09:47 AM

2016 C63s AMG
Originally Posted by tobeit
I guess your initial post was misleading then stating these instructions are made "private" ! You have some weird loyalty here but its your choice. I hopefully will install mine soon and when I get any video or instructions, I am happy to share. The people I work with are not DMP, but sell the same products and are responding just fine too ...
by made private, I meant to say that they are u listed videos that you have to have the direct link to access. And what can I say I am weird like that lol. Good luck with the install, it’s long but man does it make a huge difference in the interior feel of the car. I forget the name of this YouTuber but he is sponsored by DMP and was supposed to release an install video but as of last time I checked he never did. Not sure what happened there. If you do get stuck in the process I will happily answer any questions as I already did.
Old 07-29-2020, 06:08 PM

Received 148 Likes on 112 Posts
2017 C63S Coupe
here is the install video for anyone interested.

The following 3 users liked this post by untamedd:
miamiboy (01-25-2022), OrientBlue3 (07-29-2020), Wexlax732 (09-19-2020)
Old 07-30-2020, 07:06 AM

2016 C63s AMG
Originally Posted by untamedd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzHINSsDBho
that’s the one I was talking about being released by the sponsored youtuber **** according to him, he was gonna release them 3 months ago
Old 07-30-2020, 08:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

that’s the one I was talking about being released by the sponsored youtuber **** according to him, he was gonna release them 3 months ago
Well atleast someone shared and posted something..... Not sure why your even commenting or posting ?? I guess you want people to read the post and re-hash the whole issue.... (good luck)
And FYI.. I called DMP, and wasnt available when they called me back, but I will get the links for the installs, and post them as soon as I have them as well.
Old 07-30-2020, 10:54 AM

2019 AMG C63
Originally Posted by untamedd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzHINSsDBho
I already found that video, but it doesn't cover every step.

I'm stuck on where the little clip attached to the fuse connection wire goes? I checked everwhere for a receptacle near passenger side fuse box and my seller keeps telling me to look harder!

Old 07-30-2020, 12:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I'm stuck on where the little clip attached to the fuse connection wire goes? I checked everwhere for a receptacle near passenger side fuse box and my seller keeps telling me to look harder!

I will post all the links once I get them, since the some think they are some sort of SUPER DUPER Secret ... I was at my production facility and warehouse for a bit, but on my way to my office shortly and will see if they returned my call or sent me emails.
Old 07-31-2020, 06:33 AM

2016 C63s AMG

so funny enough the DMP install videos did not go over wiring the vents at all. Just how to remove the old ones and put the new ones on. Also that is not how the vent wiring I got looks like at all like. They didn’t provide us with wiring that plugs into the fuse box and there was no module boxes at all for the vents. I think the kits are different. On our kits though those wires were the power wires. If that plugs into the fuse box, I would assume it was the wire that would be snacked to the center console to provide power for both the center vents and the console ambient lights. It seems these lights only needed one plug at a point to light up the whole system. Ie you can just snake the different lights to each other and it will all light up.

edit: if you were asking on how to move that wire to the center, I just took out the glove box completely and after the center console was out was able to just pull the wire through and tucking it above the glove box

Last edited by ahelal; 07-31-2020 at 06:40 AM.
Old 08-02-2020, 09:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2019 C63S AMG Coupe - Designo Graphite Grey Magno
Has anyone who didn’t have the ambient light package on delivery install this yet? Curious how choosing colors will work.
Old 08-06-2020, 11:12 AM

Received 145 Likes on 118 Posts
C63s
Hi guys

For those who have installed it. I installed mine like 3 weeks ago and I am having a strange issue.

Sometimes, when I open the door after car been parked for a while, lights would not start. Looks like something is cutting the power just for the interior lights. They always come back sooner or later though...even while driving.

Any idea/help?

Many thanks
Old 09-18-2020, 12:53 PM

w205
Hey guys, i also wondering where can this wire going to, As i found a installation guide via image, they show there are a so called ambient light CAN Box, it looks like a stock light hubs, so you just simply plugin to which available. Please refer to image below, i also looking for the CAN box.

Direct URL to the installation guide website: - https://www.incarpassion.com/instruc...ambient-light/

Image of the CAN box which mentioned in the installation :-

It looks like located somewhere near passenger side wall

miamiboy (04-13-2022)
Old 09-18-2020, 12:56 PM

w205
Originally Posted by FLC63s
I will post all the links once I get them, since the some think they are some sort of SUPER DUPER Secret ... I was at my production facility and warehouse for a bit, but on my way to my office shortly and will see if they returned my call or sent me emails.
is because in some country such as Malaysia (DMP origin form my country, but the DMP owner is origin CHINA), they earn from installation fee, so people like me will purchase online and refer to some installation guide to DIY, so they will only provide complete installation video/guide to their oversea customers and for local people like me will never know what is the complete installation steps then force me to pay them for installation charges.
Old 09-19-2020, 04:18 PM

2019 AMG C63
Originally Posted by Colin C
Hey guys, i also wondering where can this wire going to, As i found a installation guide via image, they show there are a so called ambient light CAN Box, it looks like a stock light hubs, so you just simply plugin to which available. Please refer to image below, i also looking for the CAN box.

Direct URL to the installation guide website: - https://www.incarpassion.com/instruc...ambient-light/

Image of the CAN box which mentioned in the installation :-

It looks like located somewhere near passenger side wall
it's under the carpet by the passenger fuse box. You have to unclip the trim and pull the carpet starting under the passenger seat.

FLC63s (09-19-2020)
Old 09-19-2020, 10:57 PM

w205
it's under the carpet by the passenger fuse box. You have to unclip the trim and pull the carpet starting under the passenger seat.

appreciate for your guide, you so kind. And i successfully installed 👍🏻

Rise up the main carpet

Will see the bunch of colorful noodle , plug in to any empty slot ( most bottom one with other brown color plug)

After plug power in to fuse box and also ground, then well done

Route the wire under HU, ( please take note my car is right handed so please perform the other way)

Go under passenger leg room top cover and mount the control box tight to avoid loose and knocking noise later.

overall installation time 3 hours for all 👍🏻 Thx for all the sharing from top 🙏🏼
Old 12-11-2020, 02:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes c 300 2016
Installation help

All right great news. Kit came in today and I just finished installing it. I ordered the 64 light kit and the front vents only as my upgrade. The new lights from DMP are much brighter than the stock ones and those vents lights are sexy. DMP does send you install videos that are very helpful but they leave the wire tucking to you and it’s not shown. One thing to be mindful of is that the install videos are for a right hand drive car. So when they are showing you the steps from the left side of the car you do them on the right. For the vent lights I found it easiest to remove my glove box (found a video on YouTube on how to do that) and was able to tuck the wires cleanly behind towards the center console. For the drivers side vent, I got the wire under the steering rack and using a fishing wire to hook it up towards the vent. All in all it took my and a friend around 5/6 hours but we took our sweet time and wanted to make sure everything was tucked cleanly. As I had the original 3 colour lights from mb, I didn’t have to do an obd flash. One thing I didn’t do was install the floor lights but I was lazy and tired by the end and you can barely see down there anyways. The car does look sweet now though on the inside. Photos attached below. One major thing I have to mention is DMP is super helpful and responsive, I messaged them on WhatsApp questions and would get an answer back very fast, they even offered a video call if I got stuck at all. Highly recommend dealing with them, they said package will take 10 days to get here, took 4 days using dhl to Canada (if we forget about the weekend lol).

hey I also live in Canada and I bought the lights and vents from another seller and I didn’t get a video to install it would you mind sharing the video with me?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ambient Light Upgrade?