Sponsored by:

Facelift 60-130 times

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2020, 10:41 AM

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, C63s Coupe
Facelift 60-130 times

For those of us with 2019+ cars what are you seeing so far for 60-130 times? Please be sure to note what modifications (if any) and if you are the coupe, sedan, or convertible.

So far mine with a eurocharged stage 2 tune with catless downpipes has only managed this:

This was with short shifting at 6k rpm which I found to yield the best times over 10-15 runs last week. Definelty seems weak for a tuned c63. Anyone know what these cars run stock? 2019+ cars with the 9 speed transmission only please, trying to get a feel for what times everyone else is seeing. Something does not feel right with this tune.
Old 06-13-2020, 12:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 368 Likes on 262 Posts
2017 Porsche 911 C4
Stock facelift's should run 60-130 in the high 9's/low 10's, but it's important to consider the conditions you're running in. The dragy slip says your run was in 90F heat, -10 ft below sea level, but the density altitude was very high at 2295 feet (must have been pretty humid, where are you located?). If your DA was, for example, 500, you could shave at least a few tenths if not more off your 60-130. It's also possible you are getting heat soak and power/timing pulled during the long pulls on hot and muggy days, there's a pretty flat spot in your acceleration/G curve - not saying it contributed to anything negative, but just looking for things that can help you out.

Old 06-13-2020, 04:07 PM

Yeah i was thinking the ambient Temps may have played a role so i went back out when it was about 70 degrees, with 1500 DA and there was no difference, it actually ran slower.

Ive also tried some DA correction calculators and it really seems like it would only make a .2s to .3s at the very best so still quite a ways off the mid 8's that I think alot of people were getting with the PFL cars.

Ive actually noticed the car doesn't seem to get slower with repeated pulls even in warm weather. I can do a bunch in a row and still hold 9.5-9.6 with only maybe a half mile of driving between runs.

Played around with the shifts points a bit, tried 6k, 6.5k and also just letting it rev out all the way and shift automatically..

Also tried switching to shell 93 thinking maybe my gas was bad but that didn't help either. All I can think of is that either the tuner messed up and didn't actually flash my car properly since the OBD flashing isn't working (would explain the check engine light for the cats still being on) or its just not a good tune.
Old 06-13-2020, 04:08 PM

I'm in Florida BTW in regards to the question on humidity so yes.....very humid here