Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

17 C63 Failed TX Inspection TWICE “O2 & Heated O2 Not Ready”

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2020 | 12:41 AM

2017 AMG C63, 2001 C5 Corvette
17 C63 Failed TX Inspection TWICE “O2 & Heated O2 Not Ready”

My 2017 C63 AMG failed my inspection last week. I drove it around a few days and tried again today and Failed Again, Same reason!

So that makes failing this test TWICE. I have to pay again to get it inspected unless I can talk to guy into being cool.

Codes That Causes Me To Fail

-O2 Not Ready

-Heated O2 Not Ready

I got a EuroCharged Stage 2 TUNE last year and car is 100% Stock, outside of an AWE SwitchPath Exhaust which shouldn’t make any difference. BUT typically Stage 2 is for Down Pipes and Cats Removed so they MAY have not have realized my car was Stock and just sent me the Typical Stage 2 and had the O2’s OFF??

I just emailed Sales & Jerry to ask if they turned off my O2 Sensors on My Tune? It’s stock so they shouldn’t have, BUT if they say NO they didn’t.then I’ll put back to stock tune.

If they DID Turn OFF Any of My O2 Sensors, then they can just do a Quick Modification And put them back ON and email me the update File. I bought it less than 12 months ago.

I can easily put my Car’s Computer back to Stock with the MyGenius that I own and plan to do that!

Car is still under warranty so if the EuroCharge Tune wasn’t the issue, and putting back to Stock Tune doesn’t do anything when I TRY to Pass Inspection Again, then I’ll bring to Mercedes Dealer and let them Figure it out.

Old 06-21-2020 | 09:26 AM

ED1 e63S
Same thing happened to me with my EC tune a few years ago on my 2015. I had to pay to have my ECU removed, ship it back to them, they reflashed it and then have it reinstalled. While it did fix the problem,
it was quite frustrating and it’s disappointing this has happened to several people with their tune.
Old 06-22-2020 | 05:38 PM

'15 C63S
It's the Eurocharged Stage 2 tune causing that issue. Those OBD Monitors that are showing as "Not Ready" are turned off with the tune. Only way to get around it is to flash back to stock, get your inspection, and re-load the tune. This is what someone from Eurocharged told me directly when I ran into this issue with my car.
Old 06-23-2020 | 09:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s Sedan , AMG C43 , AMG G63 , GLK 250
It was my understanding, that when ever you do Emissions testing and or Service work at dealers , etc etc, that you should always flash back to stock.. (or atleast this is what I do) this eliminates any of those issues or concerns from the start.
I understand that if you have a hard coded ECU, and this possibly is not a viable option.. (as that is a whole set of other issues)
Old 06-23-2020 | 09:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz E63s AMG
Yeah just flash back to stock for inspection.you'll be fine.completely normal.
The following users liked this post:
FLC63s (06-23-2020)