C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does the 2020 C63s sound different than the 2019 in Canada?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2020 | 06:11 PM

c63s
Does the 2020 C63s sound different than the 2019 in Canada?

After watching (and listening) to this:
. I'm shocked at the burbles he gets on downshifts. Is the Canadian model less muted than in the US?

Can anyone attest?

E.
Old 06-24-2020 | 07:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Nah, sounds like my US spec 2019 at 13k miles and well broken in when I'm hooning on it like they are. Mine even pops & bangs on lift off when I'm flying through the canyons and keep the engine on the boil above 4500-5000 rpm.. Part of it is that the sound isolation of the cabin is so high, that you don't hear some of it like in a video like this. Just have somebody else drive your car and listen from the outside, or drive somewhere where the sound bounces off the walls and open your windows and sunroof.

On a side note, these guys are disappointing to say the least. They keep complaining about the ride quality and then at 19:06 you see the tire pressure is way too high at 51/53 in the front and 46/47 in the rear. Yep, the ride gets very punishing if you drive around with the wrong tire pressure. They clearly had set the cold pressure to what's on the door sticker instead of the correct pressure from the fuel door sticker.
Old 06-24-2020 | 07:36 PM

c63s
Originally Posted by superswiss
Nah, sounds like my US spec 2019 at 13k miles and well broken in when I'm hooning on it like they are. Mine even pops & bangs on lift off when I'm flying through the canyons and keep the engine on the boil above 4500-5000 rpm.. Part of it is that the sound isolation of the cabin is so high, that you don't hear some of it like in a video like this. Just have somebody else drive your car and listen from the outside, or drive somewhere where the sound bounces off the walls and open your windows and sunroof.

On a side note, these guys are disappointing to say the least. They keep complaining about the ride quality and then at 19:06 you see the tire pressure is way too high at 51/53 in the front and 46/47 in the rear. Yep, the ride gets very punishing if you drive around with the wrong tire pressure. They clearly had set the cold pressure to what's on the door sticker instead of the correct pressure from the fuel door sticker.
well hello superswiss lol...

I do hear the pops/bangs in my car when i push it (i've learned how to get these sounds now), but i'm talking about on downshifts. i don't think mine does that...does yours? anyone else?
Old 06-24-2020 | 07:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by mrguitar
well hello superswiss lol...

I do hear the pops/bangs in my car when i push it (i've learned how to get these sounds now), but i'm talking about on downshifts. i don't think mine does that...does yours? anyone else?
LOL! Didn't even realize it was you. Yes, mine does that. Not when driving around casually, though.
Old 06-24-2020 | 08:02 PM

2019 AMG G63, 2020 AMG C63s Coupe
Originally Posted by superswiss

LOL. I was thinking the same thing. Tire pressure is way too high, I use 35f 33r and it handles and rides great.