Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Giving spear key to parking attendance?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2020 | 04:43 AM

C 43
Giving spear key to parking attendance?

My apartment garage requires me to give my spear key to the parking attendant/ security guard so that they could move my car within the garage when necessary. But I don't feel particularly comfortable doing so. Every time I pull in he comes up and tries to figure out if I'd be parking my car all night. I know I can setup Mercedes me to get myself notified when the car is driven out of a certain radius.But I'm still not particularly comfortable giving my car key to them. ​​​​​​Guys what would be a good excuse to not give him my spear key?
Old 07-12-2020 | 09:10 AM

MY17 C63s Sedan
Originally Posted by David Liu
My apartment garage requires me to give my spear key to the parking attendant/ security guard so that they could move my car within the garage when necessary. But I don't feel particularly comfortable doing so. Every time I pull in he comes up and tries to figure out if I'd be parking my car all night. I know I can setup Mercedes me to get myself notified when the car is driven out of a certain radius.But I'm still not particularly comfortable giving my car key to them. ​​​​​​Guys what would be a good excuse to not give him my spear key?
Personally I would never move into an apartment that requires that. But if that can't be avoided, just say you don't have a spare key.
Old 07-12-2020 | 09:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This place is a joke.
Yep, tell him you don't have a spare but you can buy one if he gives you the $450 it will cost. 😁
Old 07-12-2020 | 01:46 PM

2019 C63S Coupe
I was in the same situation parking inside busy nyc parking garage.
I been do this for just over a year and by initially taking care of the parking manager and generously tipping the steady crew, I now personally park my car in one of the spaces that there is no reason for it to be removed.
I stay in nyc for 4 days and when I first arrive I give the key to one of the attendants who keeps it in the office. I usually use the car everyday and now just get in the car with my other key and go without waiting for the attendant to find it and bring it around. Saves time.
​ When I leave after the 4 days I retrieve my key from the office. And the next week the process starts over.​​​ .
As it stands now with Covid I'm the only one in my car.
Don't know if you are able to do this but this works so much better with time, convenience and safety.
Old 07-12-2020 | 01:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s
I think part of you want them to be able to move it....just in case, let's say a flooding or fire ...I am more nervous about hotels where you don't have much of an option but hand the key to a stranger. Always worry they curb rash, scratch, or do other (maybe unintended) damage as my car is low and flush. Sometimes I come back and my seat is leaned back like a lazy chair and my music is on full blast on another channel. Not funny. I wish we had a valet key like other cars do or can program the spare as valet key.
Old 07-12-2020 | 03:12 PM

2019 C63S Coupe
If your car is moved around in your inside garage by attendants then you may want to consider Bumper Blockers (see photo)
They are customized for your model. As my car is a 2019 C63s coupe with Bumper Blocker front bumper 74" and rear bumper 84"​​​​.
They are great for inside attendant's parking. They take less than 2 minutes to put on and protect most of both bumpers.

Con: even folded up they take up room in the trunk.