Sponsored by:

Center Console Dead

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2020, 06:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 C63s AMG
Center Console Dead

I have a 2017 C63s AMG ... today when I started it I noticed the screen was off. I tried to hit the power button on the center console and nothing. Tried pressing down the volume wheel and also nothing. Then I tried the CD player eject reset and again nothing.

then I noticed the switch from Comfort to sport mode in the center console was also not responsive.

Nothing in the center console is working.

any ideas before I take it to the dealer?
Old 09-11-2020, 11:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 C63s AMG
Fixed itself

Let it sit overnight and when I started the car it worked with nothing wrong. Hmmm, those electrical grimlins
Old 09-11-2020, 12:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 399 Likes on 307 Posts
AMG C63s Sedan , AMG C43 , AMG G63 , GLK 250
Originally Posted by espittmanjr
Let it sit overnight and when I started the car it worked with nothing wrong. Hmmm, those electrical grimlins
Man I hope it was a 1 time thing.. thats nuts...

Well atleast its good for the weekend :-)
Old 09-11-2020, 12:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 369 Likes on 263 Posts
2017 Porsche 911 C4
Something similar happened to my 17’ a few years ago. The screen would randomly not turn on after every startup, sometime a minute or so later it would boot up, other times not at all (and yes, I was trying to manually power it on by pressing the volume button). My suspension/sport settings also weren’t working, I was locked in comfort mode (ew!).

I took it to the dealer and they updated the software for COMAND and also updated the suspension software to the latest version and everything has been good since. Actually, I would say better than when I first bought the car - the COMAND update added some new UI features I’ve never seen before and generally works much better/faster. And the suspension feels more compliant in all settings now.

Best you bring it to the dealer, they’ll likely update your COMAND firmware and you should be all set.