C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How necessary is it to follow the annual service schedule?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2020 | 03:32 PM

18 C63s Coupe
How necessary is it to follow the annual service schedule?

Asking because I've been putting far less miles on my 18 C63s than I expected. Have had it 2 years now and only have 13k miles on the odo. Would it be okay to stretch out service B six months?
Old 09-28-2020 | 03:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s Sedan , AMG C43 , AMG G63 , GLK 250
Originally Posted by theprototype
Asking because I've been putting far less miles on my 18 C63s than I expected. Have had it 2 years now and only have 13k miles on the odo. Would it be okay to stretch out service B six months?
myself.. I woudnt.. its a small price to pay to keep your car in tip top..
I change my oil every 5K, just to be on the safe side of keeping things nice and clean..

But, if you do let it go, and your still under warranty, they can deny warranty claims if they see it. (just FYI)
Old 09-28-2020 | 03:51 PM

2020 C63s Coupe
Originally Posted by theprototype
You should change engine oil more frequently if you don't drive the car too much because they start to deteriorate quicker.
Old 09-29-2020 | 02:31 PM

18 C63s Coupe
Originally Posted by FLC63s
myself.. I woudnt.. its a small price to pay to keep your car in tip top..
I change my oil every 5K, just to be on the safe side of keeping things nice and clean..

But, if you do let it go, and your still under warranty, they can deny warranty claims if they see it. (just FYI)
Good point

Originally Posted by AMG82
You should change engine oil more frequently if you don't drive the car too much because they start to deteriorate quicker.
I drive it every day almost, just doesn't add up to much with my <10min commute to work!
Old 09-29-2020 | 04:07 PM

2018 C63S Coupe
My thoughts as follows:

1) I would perform all the required MB service intervals for some of the reasons already stated (warranty, good for the car, and resale value)
2) I would only change the oil more frequently depending on how you use your AMG as follows:
a) Daily driver with the once in a while romp...stick to MB oil changes
b) Any performance driving...i.e. 1/4 miles, 1/2 mile or track events...may want to change more often?

Just my 2 cents!