Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car Tweeks or a secret Menus

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2020 | 05:00 AM

C63S
Car Tweeks or a secret Menus

Guys I own a 2019 C63S AMG although I also own an Audi RS3.
in the Audi world we use VCDS to plug into our cars to tweak the modules.

Is there a way to do it the Mercedes?

Old 10-16-2020 | 03:55 AM

C63S
Is there no one in this forum that can advise?
Old 10-16-2020 | 08:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s Sedan , AMG C43 , AMG G63 , GLK 250
Originally Posted by Barbalatte
Is there no one in this forum that can advise?
The VW family production is much different then the MB family.
There really isnt a " lets plug in and start flipping switch on stuff " option.. if your a programmer and understand the com/bus, then you can ssh/telnet/ftp into your car (if you have to ask how and what this is, then you dont need to be doing it)

There are hidden menus, sub menus, etc from the cluster, but again, they are not setup to be just looking around and trying stuff on or off..

If you have a more specific request, then possibly there will be more responses .
Old 10-16-2020 | 11:54 AM

C63S
Smile Newbie

Hi,

I just change my Audi S4 to a 2016 C63S AMG . impressive change.

Need some advice on what OBD2 interface need to use or tools for small shops or end users ??

to diagnose erros and some tweaks ??

Old 10-16-2020 | 12:42 PM

PFL C63s EC Stage II
Originally Posted by PauloC
Hi,

I just change my Audi S4 to a 2016 C63S AMG . impressive change.

Need some advice on what OBD2 interface need to use or tools for small shops or end users ??

to diagnose erros and some tweaks ??
Hi, I also came from a stage 2 s5 😃. As far as i know you need special expensive tools to do tweaks and there isn't many, at least its not like the b8.5 platform. I recommend Autel AP200 for reading/clearing codes it gives you an explanation for each of them and has some other useful features.
Old 10-16-2020 | 12:47 PM

C63S
Smile

Originally Posted by PaulC63s
Hi, I also came from a stage 2 s5 😃. As far as i know you need special expensive tools to do tweaks and there isn't many, at least its not like the b8.5 platform. I recommend Autel AP200 for reading/clearing codes it gives you an explanation for each of them and has some other useful features.

Thanks for the Advice !!!

Old 10-16-2020 | 01:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Former Audi owner as well. My last Audi was a 2013 RS5. As said above, the VCDS world doesn't exist over here. You essentially need Star Diagnostic, which is very expensive from what I understand and is generally only found in shops. All the various phone apps out there such as Carista etc. or general ODB2 scanners can read codes, but they don't offer any customization capabilities for MB/AMG cars. On the other hand as opposed to VAG, MB/AMG doesn't have a habit of disabling features in US cars for no apparent reason. My biggest pet peeves with my RS5 were that the convivence closing/opening features from the fob were disabled for US cars, and that it wasn't showing the current gear in D and S. MB/AMG doesn't play these games. All the features are generally enabled in US cars, unless regulations prohibit them specifically. I have yet to have a need to customize something. My '19 C63S has the convenience opening/closing features all working and the current gear is always displayed. I think part of the need for VCDS etc. over in the VAG world, are these kinds of decisions by VAG to disable features for dubious reasons.

Having said that, there are some outlets that offer ODB2 modules for some of the stuff. Common ones are modules to turn off Auto Start/Stop permanently or always start the car in whatever drive mode you want. Some of those modules sit on the CAN bus and basically simulate you pressing buttons after the car is started. There's a guy named Vladimir I believe who offers various modules to enable things like the matrix lights, which is one of his most recent ones I believe. This particular one you connect to the ODB2 port and then it codes in the matrix lights, and after that you can disconnect it again. He charges a pretty penny for his stuff, though and I believe mainly sells through eBay, but has good reviews.
Old 10-16-2020 | 03:47 PM

2019 C63S Coupe, 2020 G550
Originally Posted by superswiss
Former Audi owner as well. My last Audi was a 2013 RS5. As said above, the VCDS world doesn't exist over here. You essentially need Star Diagnostic, which is very expensive from what I understand and is generally only found in shops. All the various phone apps out there such as Carista etc. or general ODB2 scanners can read codes, but they don't offer any customization capabilities for MB/AMG cars. On the other hand as opposed to VAG, MB/AMG doesn't have a habit of disabling features in US cars for no apparent reason. My biggest pet peeves with my RS5 were that the convivence closing/opening features from the fob were disabled for US cars, and that it wasn't showing the current gear in D and S. MB/AMG doesn't play these games. All the features are generally enabled in US cars, unless regulations prohibit them specifically. I have yet to have a need to customize something. My '19 C63S has the convenience opening/closing features all working and the current gear is always displayed. I think part of the need for VCDS etc. over in the VAG world, are these kinds of decisions by VAG to disable features for dubious reasons.

Having said that, there are some outlets that offer ODB2 modules for some of the stuff. Common ones are modules to turn off Auto Start/Stop permanently or always start the car in whatever drive mode you want. Some of those modules sit on the CAN bus and basically simulate you pressing buttons after the car is started. There's a guy named Vladimir I believe who offers various modules to enable things like the matrix lights, which is one of his most recent ones I believe. This particular one you connect to the ODB2 port and then it codes in the matrix lights, and after that you can disconnect it again. He charges a pretty penny for his stuff, though and I believe mainly sells through eBay, but has good reviews.
Link to his stuff? First I've heard of this

Edit: Found it

Incase anyone else is interested: https://www.ebay.com/usr/vladimircdi...p2047675.l2559

Last edited by Encore818; 10-16-2020 at 03:49 PM.
Old 10-16-2020 | 03:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by Encore818
Link to his stuff? First I've heard of this

Edit: Found it

Incase anyone else is interested: https://www.ebay.com/usr/vladimircdi...p2047675.l2559
I'd have to google most of them. Many of these came up in various discussions on here. Maybe somebody who has one of them can post a link. I found them all to be way too expensive to save a few button clicks when starting the car. I think the module that disables ECO start/stop is like $400 or something like that. That's crazy money to avoid having to press one button after starting the car.

Here's the Multibeam LED Activator, though, which was recently posted somewhere here. Also crazy expensive to enable something that we didn't get because of idiotic and outdated DOT regulations.

Amazon Amazon
Old 10-17-2020 | 03:35 AM

C63S

Thanks mate you’re the 1st person that explained my dilemma. Are there any secret menus we should know about? Like a Engineering Menu?
I currently have a VCDS for the Audi and was told by some of the boys at Rosstec that it will work on the MB for code reading but haven’t tried it yet. Will let you know once I try.

Last edited by Barbalatte; 10-17-2020 at 03:43 AM.
Old 10-17-2020 | 08:46 AM

PFL C63s EC Stage II
This video explains how to enter the workshop menu which allows you to reset service and a couple of other things.

Old 10-17-2020 | 12:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Thanks mate you’re the 1st person that explained my dilemma. Are there any secret menus we should know about? Like a Engineering Menu?
I currently have a VCDS for the Audi and was told by some of the boys at Rosstec that it will work on the MB for code reading but haven’t tried it yet. Will let you know once I try.
Going into AMG ownership I had some concerns initially. Primary one being that the AMGs always revert back to Comfort mode. I was used to being able to leave my RS5 in Individual mode with my desired settings. Primarily to leave the sport differential in Dynamic mode. But shortly after I took delivery of my '19 C63S, I realized that I have to recalibrate my brain. First, Comfort mode in the C63S is more sporty and dynamic than Audi's Comfort and Auto modes, and given that the C63 is RWD it always handles properly, so there is no need to put a differential into agility mode in order to have good handling. Secondly, AMG gives direct control over several components via dedicated buttons. With Audis to change most of the settings you have to change the overall drive mode, but not so with MB/AMG. For example having to turn off Auto Start/Stop with a single button press after starting the car while I wait for the rpms to settle is a non issue and similarly I immediately open the performance exhaust at the same time. Those two buttons are right next to each other. Thirdly, the AMG Drive Unit is awesome to change the drive mode and other settings directly from the steering wheel. Pushing the drive selector knob immediately activates I*. Changing the Audi Drive Select mode was never convenient like that. I've setup my I* mode mostly like S+, except with the suspension in Sport and transmission in M. It's my spirited highway and open road driving mode. One quick button press sets everything up the way I like it. For normal driving I have no issue leaving it in Comfort. I particularly like that the manual transmission mode can be configured in I*, so I only need one button press to set the car up in a sporty manner and put the transmission in M. With Audi you always still have to move the shift lever to put it in M. Overall I like AMG's approach much much better, and the car is frankly at a whole different level than any RS model I have driven. The only Audi that holds a candle is the R8, IMO. The C63S has much more adjustability, 5 drive modes instead of just 3, and an adjustable traction control to really have fun with the car. All my concerns went out the window fast and I haven't looked back.

Last edited by superswiss; 10-17-2020 at 08:35 PM.
Old 10-19-2020 | 01:09 AM

C63S
Hey mate, I tend to agree with the convenience part but I can tell you my RS3 handles a tonne better than the C63S. In saying that, the MB does handle pretty good for a larger car.

Have you discovered the Traction Control Amounts yet? But holding the T/C button down?
Old 10-19-2020 | 03:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Hey mate, I tend to agree with the convenience part but I can tell you my RS3 handles a tonne better than the C63S. In saying that, the MB does handle pretty good for a larger car.

Have you discovered the Traction Control Amounts yet? But holding the T/C button down?
I don't wanna get into an argument, but I have to completely disagree with this. I drove the RS3. It's a light car yes, but handling better, no way. The RS3 is primarily a forward biased car and understeers. The TTRS actually handles much better than the RS3, but both suffer from the forward bias of the Haldex system. I've driven both many times. You may need to explore the limits some more of the C63S, particularly in Race mode with ESP in Sport Handling or Off. Yes, I've experienced the different TC levels. I drifted the C63S at the AMG Driving Academy. Let me know when the RS3 is capable of drifting w/o some silly magic like AMG is doing in the A45 and then we can start talking about handling better than the C63S. There's a balance to the C63S that the RS3 can't match even remotely.
Old 10-19-2020 | 03:34 AM

C63S
Agree with some of what you said but I actually have both so all good for me. I like both cars for different reasons.
Old 10-27-2020 | 09:18 PM

C63S
So any one know of any Engineering menus or secret menus we can access in the car? In the Audi VAG system you hold 2 buttons down simultaneously.
Old 10-27-2020 | 09:43 PM

C63S
Yes, here is the same, Pres OK and Aswer buttons and the same time , you must be in the Odometer initial screen and voila ! several new info for you.

Old 10-27-2020 | 10:22 PM

C63S
Originally Posted by PauloC
Yes, here is the same, Pres OK and Aswer buttons and the same time , you must be in the Odometer initial screen and voila ! several new info for you.
hhhmmm remembering I’m new to MB. What the “Aswer” button and Odometer? Is that on the speedo display?
Old 10-27-2020 | 10:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s Sedan , AMG C43 , AMG G63 , GLK 250
hhhmmm remembering I’m new to MB. What the “Aswer” button and Odometer? Is that on the speedo display?
set your display to show odometer (mileage of car)

then press “ok” and “phone answer” buttons on steering wheel.
Old 10-27-2020 | 11:15 PM

C63S
Originally Posted by FLC63s
set your display to show odometer (mileage of car)

then press “ok” and “phone answer” buttons on steering wheel.
Thanks again. Will try...
Old 10-28-2020 | 12:28 AM

C63S

Please circle buttons. Thanks again.
Old 10-28-2020 | 01:06 PM

C63S
Unhappy

Please circle buttons. Thanks again.

Im NEW to MERC world too, I have my first Merc AMG about a week ago so just discover this new world. until now very impressive car. Have a lot of experience with BMW ands Audis.

Your wheel is very different than mine, I cant find OK button on yours.

In my case seems to be more simple, motor off , odometer in the center screen and then press Answer and OK buttons at the same time and works fine.

In your case I cant find the OK button, is the button you press every time is a new message on your central screen to accept it.

best regards!

Paulo

Old 10-28-2020 | 01:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
@Barbalatte's steering wheel is for the facelift 2019+ models. The equivalent to the previous OK button is the left touchpad on the steering wheel. Pressing it is essentially the Ok button, but I don't know if the combination to enter the menu is still the same with the FL. I haven't tried it.
Old 10-28-2020 | 11:32 PM

C63S
@Barbalatte's steering wheel is for the facelift 2019+ models. The equivalent to the previous OK button is the left touchpad on the steering wheel. Pressing it is essentially the Ok button, but I don't know if the combination to enter the menu is still the same with the FL. I haven't tried it.
My odometer comes up on the left screen not the right.
I tried the black left select key with the Phone answer button but didn’t work. I suspect it’s different for the facelift models.
Old 10-28-2020 | 11:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
My odometer comes up on the left screen not the right.
I tried the black left select key with the Phone answer button but didn’t work. I suspect it’s different for the facelift models.
Oh, I didn't notice that your car is RHD, so I believe the right touchpad controls the instrument cluster in your case, so it's the right touchpad that is the equivalent of the OK button, not the left one. Your steering wheel is mirror image of mine, except for the AMG Drive Unit.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car Tweeks or a secret Menus