C63 S SEDAN BRAKE PADS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2020, 05:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2019 AMG C63 S Sedan
Question C63 S SEDAN BRAKE PADS

Hi guys!

I have a 2019 C63 S sedan, with 15,500 Miles, and I just got the "Check Pad Wear" light, so its time to replace my pads, my rotors look great and have minimal to no lip. I called my dealer and they quoted me 880$ in parts, and 420$ in Labor, which in my books is out right ridiculous. I can save the 420$ in labor by doing it at home. Almost 900$ in pads is whatever, ill spend it however im very unhappy with the amount of brake dust these OE pads give off, I saw a YouTube video about this issue and saw some brakes by Porterfield (350$) which shed 80% less dust and brake just as good, how ever I don't know if I should go aftermarket for pads as a harsher material could cause my rotors to wear out pre maturely.
Old 12-02-2020, 06:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,870 Likes on 2,587 Posts
2019 C63CS
First off you most likely only need rear pads at this point. I just replaced mine before Thanksgiving on my '19 coupe at a bit shy of 18k miles. I decided to stay with OEM pads because many aftermarket rear pads don't have sensors and with the rear pads wearing faster than the front pads on this car I felt it was important to have rear sensors. I also like how the OEM pads performed so far. In the past I've gone aftermarket on other cars, but on those the rear pads lasted slightly longer than the fronts, so when the front sensor went off I knew that the rears were close to needing replacement, too. I had my indy source the OEM pads and install them. The cost is what it is. Once I need to replace rotors I will revisit and maybe get aftermarket rotors and pads.
Old 12-02-2020, 06:48 PM

2019 AMG C63 S Sedan
Originally Posted by superswiss
First off you most likely only need rear pads at this point. I just replaced mine before Thanksgiving on my '19 coupe at a bit shy of 18k miles. I decided to stay with OEM pads because many aftermarket rear pads don't have sensors and with the rear pads wearing faster than the front pads on this car I felt it was important to have rear sensors. I also like how the OEM pads performed so far. In the past I've gone aftermarket on other cars, but on those the rear pads lasted slightly longer than the fronts, so when the front sensor went off I knew that the rears were close to needing replacement, too. I had my indy source the OEM pads and install them. The cost is what it is. Once I need to replace rotors I will revisit and maybe get aftermarket rotors and pads.
Gotcha brotha, yea i guess im just gonna pick up the rear pads, fronts still look ok. I heard our cars use the brembo rotors that cost 800$ A SET ( pair ) mercedes stay wanting to chip us sadly :/ so i will probably be doing the same as you, get aftermarket brembo brakes and rotors.
Old 12-02-2020, 07:15 PM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
C63s
I do think you should be fine using rear pads without wear sensors so long as you keep in mind the mileage you do and your driving style...

If rear pads lasted you 18k just check them at 30k and see how they're doing...atleast thats what I'd do.
Old 12-03-2020, 11:31 AM

2019 AMG C63 S Sedan
just an update, I ended up just buying rear pads from the dealer, it comes with a sensor. It ran me up $534.
Old 12-05-2020, 02:13 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
w205 C63s
Don't be afraid to change the brakes. It's one of the easiest ways to save money. Buy tools etc with the money you saved.
I even took the opportunity to clean the rust off the rotors and spray it with high temperature paint.
The sensor is cheap around $10Aus / $US7, it slots into the brake as long as the aftermarket brake has hole for it. There are only 2 sensors on the right side of the car front and back.

before...rusty rotors

after cleaning and high temp paint

worn sensor needed replacement.