Sponsored by:

Anyone else know about this?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2021 | 08:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 AMG GTC Coupe & 2018 Macan Turbo
Anyone else know about this?

Seems there is one adjustment MB claims is not adjustable on the rear. Anyone know of this and can confirm or dispute?

Old 03-20-2021 | 08:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
There are two. Both camber and caster cannot be adjusted on our cars. The only thing that can be adjusted is toe. Wait for a vendor to make a post trying to sell you their adjustable control arms etc.
The following users liked this post:
Stunna02 (03-22-2021)
Old 03-21-2021 | 02:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63s Cabriolet, BMW M4, Civic
Originally Posted by ///Bruce
Seems there is one adjustment MB claims is not adjustable on the rear. Anyone know of this and can confirm or dispute?

Most European cars rear camber can be adjustable to a degree by changing out the shim. I know on some other Mercedes older models use shims to adjust camber. I don’t understand why this method doesn’t apply to all Mercedes models. I do know that my C63s and M4 do use shins to adjust rear cambers. I pretty sure the shims can bring in at least +/- .5 degree of camber. I has the Carbahn adjustable control arms installed. They also did the alignment and changed out my rear camber shims.

Last edited by Klinh; 03-21-2021 at 04:48 PM.
Old 03-21-2021 | 04:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 AMG GTC Coupe & 2018 Macan Turbo
Originally Posted by Klinh
My European cars rear camber can be adjustable to a degree by changing out the shim. I know on some other Mercedes older models use shims to adjust camber. I don’t don’t stand why this method doesn’t apply to all Mercedes models. I do know that my C63s and M4 do use shins to adjust rear cambers. I pretty sure the shims can bring in at least +/- .5 degree of camber. I has the Carbahn adjustable control arms installed. They also did the alignment and changed out my rear camber shims.
Thank you. On my way to their website now.
Old 03-21-2021 | 04:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63s Cabriolet, BMW M4, Civic
Originally Posted by ///Bruce
Thank you. On my way to their website now.

I got these from them. The top 2 pcs is mine oem shims. The bottom one is from them.

Old 03-22-2021 | 12:52 AM
SPONSOR

Mercedes-Benz CLK 550
We manufacture a “Total System” when it comes to Front and Rear Camber, Caster, Toe adjustment for all Mercedes Models (1968 to 2021). Sedans, Coupes, AMG/Black, SUV’s and Lite commercials.

OEM there is only front and rear Toe (directional) adjustment. All to do with cost cutting and ever increasing speed of auto assembly lines (new car industry's best kept secret).

No “Camber and Caster” allowing to adjust tire contact angles, spread load more evenly. To resolve costly, premature edge wear. Which can also lead to higher impact, ruptured side walls and rim damage.

Unlike other brands KMAC unique patented design allows fast / precise “single” wrench adjustment (accurately under load direct on alignment rack).

Fixing it right the 1st time. No more ongoing trips to dealers or alignment shops or experimenting with constantly changing Tire brands.

Catering for other than “showroom height” conditions - High cambered roads, altering height, load carrying, fitting wide profile tires, curb knock damage.

Whether street or in the pursuit of front row of the grid lap times KMAC makes it.

C63/S FRONT KITS:

1. #503316 $480 (both sides).

This kit is not only Camber but also “Caster adjustable” necessary to compensate for the new Camber settings. Also providing noticeable improvement to brake and steering response. Replacing the 4 lower arm (highest wearing) bushings at the same time - With all the features you would expect from a company that has been manufacturing adjuster kits longer than anyone else.

•Biggest adjustment range.

•Strongest kit - KMAC spherical bearings design having more then twice the load bearing, impact area of all other brands.

•Quickest adjustment - Single wrench accurately on alignment rack No multi bolt / trial and error jacking to adjust.

2. #503316-2J $380 (both sides).

Cheaper alternative (less then cost of one high performance tire). Precisely Camber and Caster adjustable.

This kit replacing the 4 upper wishbone inner bushings. Bush extraction tool supplied. (Fit without arm removal).

When used in conjunction with lower arm kit provides up to 4 degrees Camber change for track days.

3. #503316-3P $695 (both sides).

Complete replacement upper arms. Precise Camber and Caster adjustable. With KMAC not welded, fabricated but OEM design high strength forged alloy.

REAR KITS:

#502226K $480 (both sides)

Precise Camber for the 1st time (and extra Toe adjustment to compensate). Replacing the 4 lower arm, highest wearing bushings.Easily accessible single wrench adjustment.

This design (Unlike upper arms) retains clearance top of tire to outer fender when wanting to reduce inner edge wear.

# 502226-3M $595 (both sides)

Replacement upper arms – turnbuckle adjustable for Camber ( Also includes extra Toe adjustment to compensate for new Camber settings.)

#502628K $480 (both sides)

Uprated replacement performance bushings for the 6 “multilink” arms. Superceding delrin type bushings that soon pound out. Less rear end twitch, flex, loss of traction. Especially when applying power to lane change, overtake.

World wide delivery one kit $40, $20 each extra

Old 03-25-2022 | 03:16 AM

2007 E350
Originally Posted by Klinh
I got these from them. The top 2 pcs is mine oem shims. The bottom one is from them.
do you mind telling me where can I get these online? the Mercedes parts guy at the dealer have no clue what these are and then straight up told me they don't sell these