C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C63s coupe OEM car cover

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2021 | 08:50 AM

c63s coupe, bmw 335i coupe (winterbeater)
C63s coupe OEM car cover

Hey guys I know this has been discussed but still wasn’t able to find the info I needed..
im trying to buy an oem OUTDOOR car cover from Mercedes, I called multiple dealers and they tell me they only make a cover for indoor use?! How stupid, who needs a cover for a car that is stored indoor? Lol
anyway I called a few dealers and they were useless. Anyone know for sure if these exist, I’d like one with the Mercedes symbol or amg symbol in the front, but top priority is to protect the car from the elements because I don’t got the luxury of a garage. Don’t want the eBay ones either, I purchased one and the damn thing leaks at the seams after being advertised as one of the best for outdoors, and it was pretty expensive. Any help is appreciated!
Old 06-01-2021 | 09:21 AM

2021 C63S Coupe
Originally Posted by brianc63s
Hey guys I know this has been discussed but still wasn’t able to find the info I needed..
im trying to buy an oem OUTDOOR car cover from Mercedes, I called multiple dealers and they tell me they only make a cover for indoor use?! How stupid, who needs a cover for a car that is stored indoor? Lol
anyway I called a few dealers and they were useless. Anyone know for sure if these exist, I’d like one with the Mercedes symbol or amg symbol in the front, but top priority is to protect the car from the elements because I don’t got the luxury of a garage. Don’t want the eBay ones either, I purchased one and the damn thing leaks at the seams after being advertised as one of the best for outdoors, and it was pretty expensive. Any help is appreciated!
Here's two -- my guess is one is more inclined for outdoor use, reach out to your dealer for more info. (the emoji is not my fault, but the link stillworks)

https://www.mbusa.com/en/accessories/2019/c/c63c/531

https://www.mbusa.com/en/accessories/2019/c/c63c/5X8

Last edited by djprov431; 06-01-2021 at 09:24 AM.
Old 06-01-2021 | 09:31 AM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
I guess the ones I used to have were indoor? I always used them outside! I've had 4 over the years.....they are great for a while but then begin to disintegrate, I ended up throwing them all away.
Old 06-01-2021 | 09:32 AM

2019 C63S Coupe
I just looked up a company called Covercraft web site ( 1-800-274-7006) with a large selection of custom fit outdoor car covers including AMG. Also you may pose a question on AMG Private Lounge. Hope it helps.
Old 06-01-2021 | 10:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
I'm not that experienced with car covers, but from what I've seen and remember most of them are for indoor, at least the OEM. It's to keep the dust away and car covers should only be put on a clean car, otherwise you'll scratch the paint eventually. I've used an indoor cover way back when I was living at an apartment complex with shared covered parking. The parking structure had openings all along the walls, so the wind would blow dust in and the cars driving through would throw it up constantly. What I've seen for outdoor use are second layer tarp like car covers. You'd use the indoor car cover underneath to protect the paint and then throw a weather proofed cover over it. This has the benefit that the outer cover which is gonna get dirty and grimy never comes in touch with the paint as you are putting it on and off.