Sponsored by:

What's the best mileage for a Used AMG cars

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2021, 01:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG 2016
What's the best mileage for a Used AMG cars

I am looking to buy another C63 but I am going for the "S" model this time. My question is what's the best mileage for a Used AMG car?
For example, 2015 c63s with 22,000 miles is a lot? or should I consider less mileage?

Last edited by Aljufain; 06-23-2021 at 01:54 AM.
Old 06-23-2021, 07:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,495 Likes on 987 Posts
No more MB:(
22K seems low so good there. I would be more concerned with how was the car driven. AMG owners can be pretty hard on their vehicles. A good third party inspection, and all service records (preferably at same dealer) would be necessary. Also, one owner would be ideal.
The following users liked this post:
Aljufain (06-25-2021)
Old 06-23-2021, 11:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,988 Likes on 2,660 Posts
2019 C63CS
I don't think there's a particular mileage. These are not exotics. For some it's only a weekend car, but many including myself daily drive theirs, although I've worked from home for almost 10 years, so I don't commute in it. They are meant to be daily driven, though, and the average annual mileage in the USA is around 13,500 miles, so multiply that with how old the car is and you have your average mileage for a daily driven one. Much less and the car probably wasn't daily driven, I prefer cars that were driven, so any early issues were shaken out during the warranty period and taken care of and cars don't really like to sit around, nor do they like a lot of short drives. 22k miles for a 2015 means it was out of warranty way early. I'm already at that mileage with my 2019. The real question is how has it been maintained. Mileage doesn't mean much if it has been taken care of. Of course the more miles the more wear, but you would assume that the previous owner(s) took care of the obvious wear items. Mechanically the W205 is pretty solid.

Last edited by superswiss; 06-23-2021 at 11:42 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by superswiss:
'1663s (06-23-2021), Aljufain (06-25-2021)
Old 06-25-2021, 03:39 AM

C63 AMG 2016
I totally agree with you.
Old 06-25-2021, 03:48 AM

C63 AMG 2016
Originally Posted by superswiss
I don't think there's a particular mileage. These are not exotics. For some it's only a weekend car, but many including myself daily drive theirs, although I've worked from home for almost 10 years, so I don't commute in it. They are meant to be daily driven, though, and the average annual mileage in the USA is around 13,500 miles, so multiply that with how old the car is and you have your average mileage for a daily driven one. Much less and the car probably wasn't daily driven, I prefer cars that were driven, so any early issues were shaken out during the warranty period and taken care of and cars don't really like to sit around, nor do they like a lot of short drives. 22k miles for a 2015 means it was out of warranty way early. I'm already at that mileage with my 2019. The real question is how has it been maintained. Mileage doesn't mean much if it has been taken care of. Of course the more miles the more wear, but you would assume that the previous owner(s) took care of the obvious wear items. Mechanically the W205 is pretty solid.
You are right but if you are trying to buy a car to keep it for the long run you would pick the one with less mileage. It's known that AMG cars start to break down or let say issues start to show at 50k miles. And yes history record for a car is very important.
Old 06-25-2021, 04:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,988 Likes on 2,660 Posts
2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by Aljufain
You are right but if you are trying to buy a car to keep it for the long run you would pick the one with less mileage. It's known that AMG cars start to break down or let say issues start to show at 50k miles. And yes history record for a car is very important.
In what circles is it well known? There are AMGs with 100k miles and more that are still running. As I said, it all comes down to maintenance. Sure over time things fail, but they do in all cars. I agree if you plan to keep it for the long run and also drive it, then you probably want a lower mileage car, but that isn't all that specific to an AMG. My point was you want one that had all its initial issues shaken out under warranty. Lower mileage cars may not have been driven enough yet for all the initial issues to come to the surface. Basically to me a car is a keeper if it's daily driven and hasn't had any major issues after 1-2 years that would require warranty work. So basically if it was mostly problem free for the 20k to 50k miles then I kept it past the factory warranty. I sold both my last two German cars with 70k-80k miles for example, after buying them new. They were in excellent conditions and running well.

Last edited by superswiss; 06-25-2021 at 04:18 AM.
Old 06-25-2021, 07:32 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,420 Likes on 2,858 Posts
2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by Aljufain
My 2012 AMG just passed 65 K miles! Going strong!