C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Telescoping Steering Wheel WON'T go UP & DOWN after Dealer Visit?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2021, 01:09 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
2017 AMG C63, 2001 C5 Corvette
Telescoping Steering Wheel WON'T go UP & DOWN after Dealer Visit?

Guys,

I took my Car in the LAST Time for Warranty Work to fix rattles and they did a great job. When I got in, All my Driving Parameters were all jacked up, seat way far back (I'm 6 feet tall and it was still back) mirrors and steering wheel were all changed. Steering Wheel was up HIGH, never have it like that. I picked up Car Shortly before they closed and went right to airport to go out of town. I couldn't get steering wheel to go up? I called front desk and they were closing and told a lady in scheduling what happened and that I was leaving NOW to go to airport and just picked it u[p. She said contact service advisor when you return and they can help you.

Got back yesterday and got in car and SAME THING, steering wheel wouldn't go Up or Down, but goes forward and backwards fine. I put pressure UP and DOWN as I hit the lever in the same direction and that didn't work and I didn't want to get too crazy doing that, but I did try BOTH Ways. Warranty is now UP, but this happened when I brought it in for the last service. I have a message into my Advisor and Hopefully they will Take care of Me Under Warranty since they are the people that changed the settings. Again, it wasn't intentional and could be just a coincidence and bad timing, but it worked fine PRIOR and Did Not when I picked up the car. All the Driver's Settings were changed, including the Passenger's Seat was all the way back and head rest was up all the way. I rarely have anyone in Passenger Seat.

1. Is there any FIX for this?
2. Do you think they will Fix it for me without any issues? Free?

Crazy how everything works and then it breaks the day I pick it up.
Old 07-06-2021, 02:39 PM

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
C63
Did you have your settings saved in memory?