C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is it possible to raise the seat a couple of inches?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2021, 06:19 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2019 C63S.......2016 GLE 63.........2008 S63
Is it possible to raise the seat a couple of inches?

What I mean is, I am 5'4 and I've maxed out how far up the seat can go and it will be so awesome to have the seat go up another 1" to 2 and 1/2 inches so that I am able to see out of the windshield more easily.

I used to use a pillow but ever since getting the c63 and going to the track often I had to get used to driving without the pillow because the pillow would always slide when taking sharp turns at the track and that became a distraction.

So because my brother who is about an inch and a half between shorter than me and who also drives my car always brings his pillow whenever he's driving and if I could raise the seat I will eliminate him having to bring a pillow and I'll have more comfortable seating position.

Is there any way to do this after everywhere and if I were to alter the seat with that compromise any safety? And, is it possible that I could raise the dead pedal (the pedal that's on the left where you rest your foot in cars in the USA). Thank you for all input!
Old 07-11-2021, 08:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,493 Likes on 985 Posts
No more MB:(
Maybe you can find taller seat tracks? Not sure if they exist but perhaps a fabricator can come up with something.
The following users liked this post:
Mustafoinc (07-20-2021)
Old 07-11-2021, 09:20 AM

Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts
GLE400, 2017 Porsche 911S
I am not an engineer but I would be very concerned that raising a seat that much would pose a major safety concern in the event of a serious impact accident. Obviously the seat rail is mounted to the chassis very securely. Raising the height of this mount adds a great deal of leverage and stress at this attachment. The "spacer" must me mounted securely to the chassis before the seat rail can be attached. Careful thought in the design is a must. Yes, there are simple ways of doing this but safety will be severely compromised.
Mustafoinc (07-20-2021)
Old 07-11-2021, 09:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,493 Likes on 985 Posts
No more MB:(
Originally Posted by wings02
I am not an engineer but I would be very concerned that raising a seat that much would pose a major safety concern in the event of a serious impact accident. Obviously the seat rail is mounted to the chassis very securely. Raising the height of this mount adds a great deal of leverage and stress at this attachment. The "spacer" must me mounted securely to the chassis before the seat rail can be attached. Careful thought in the design is a must. Yes, there are simple ways of doing this but safety will be severely compromised.
You're absolutely right. Didn't even think about that. Safety a must. No compromises.
Old 07-11-2021, 01:04 PM

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts
2018 C63 W205
If a person is so short they can’t see clearly over the steering wheel and feel comfortable - then raising the seat tracks 2 inches (if don’t correctly) is probably safer for the driver. I mean when the airbag goes off (god forbid) it should not be over the drivers head
Old 07-11-2021, 02:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 421 Likes on 304 Posts
AMG C63s
Interesting, my wife is 5'2" and has no issue with seat position. I am 6'3" and if any feel a bit too high. But I have the Performance seats that sit a little higher than standard seats I think.
Old 07-12-2021, 06:56 PM

Received 183 Likes on 115 Posts
2015 E400 and 2015 GLK350
Might be worth looking for shops that modify vehicles for the handicapped. They may not only have the ability to make the changes, but they may also have insight into how to keep the vehicle safe for the driver as well.
Mustafoinc (07-20-2021)